Sri Lanta Resort

111 Moo 6, Klongin Beach, Koh Lanta Yai (Lanta Island), Ko Lanta, 81150, Thailand

Good For No Data
  • An unforgettable stay at Sri Lanta

I spent 6 days 5 nights in this resort last Dec. It's a very decent and down-to-earth resort. An ideal place for someone who's expecting for a close touch with the nature. I was not so used to the living style at the very beginning, 'coz no TV was available in the room! =) However, it's a wonderful experience to have birds singing all around your cottage. It's a very lovely resort! I highly recommend to someone who loves nature and not really scared of the insects or little animals (such as lizards, frogs).

Unique Quality: An ideal place for relaxing. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I love the buffet breakfast they served. Yummy!

The spa was fair.

Sri Lanta doesn't cheat! What you see from their website is how it looks in real! Very cozy setting!

Directions: Sri Lanta is located in Koh Lanta and it's quite far away from Krabi Town. It took us 2 hrs from Krabi airport to Sri Lanta (we took a van instead of a speed boat, which was much cheaper but more time consuming).

More about Sri Lanta Resort

Extended stay... on the beach

by amambaw

Hey all,

I'm hoping to go trekking around SE Asia in 2007. My boyfriend and I want to stay in Thailand for a few weeks on the islands, but we don't want to be moving all over the place, just kind of chilling in one area.

Can anyone recommend a good spot to stay for an extended period? We're looking for somewhere on or very near a beach, not to crowded (we don't party much) but not completely isolated, and somewhere that offers a variety of day activities. I'm especially interested in Scuba, as I want to take a course while I'm in Thailand.

All your help will be appreciated!

Amanda

RE: Extended stay... on the beach

by onebadcat

Is diving your main interest? If so I would recommend Koh Tao, Koh Phi Phi or the Similan Islands (from Khao Lak). Cheap courses and lots of options. If diving is secondary then you can't go wrong with Koh Lanta, Koh Chang (gulf side)or do some island hopping along the far southern west coast. If you want any particulars I have been to most of the west coast islands. However, I haven't been to Thailand since the Tsunami and might advise checking on the condition of some of the smaller islands, the reef conditions, their accomodations, etc? Would love to hear what you find out. Not sure how some of my friends and their guesthouses faired the storm.

Happy travels,

Scott

Extended stay... on the beach

by amambaw

Hey Scott,

Thanks for your answer... I'll keep those areas in mind as I'm planning my trip.

Amanda

RE: Extended stay... on the beach

by RupzieRaj

If you're looking for simplicity, why not try out Lima Coco resort at Koh Samet, its near Bangkok, its never crowded at Samet, although you won't really be 'away from it all'
If you want to be a bit more private though, check out Koh Samui or Koh Lanta. Lanta would be nice, a good resort is Sri Lanta; but there is no tv there. Check out www.krabi.com, it would be a good guide for that area.
I live in Bangkok, so if you need any help or questions feel free to write me at my VT e-mail.

Comments