Thai Hotel Krabi

More about Krabi

FishFish

Ao Nang BeachAo Nang Beach

A panoramic view of Ao Nang beachA panoramic view of Ao Nang beach

A night view from the restaurantA night view from the restaurant

Booking for February 2009

by elf01

Hi, can anyone tell me:

1. Is it necessary to book accommodation in Krabi Town and surrounding resorts at the beginning of February?
2. If so, can you recommend a hotel to stay in Krabi town for a couple of nights? Not too expensive $30 -$40 a night. Maybe I am being unrealistic about prices?
3. And a nice resort or Island? Want to be able to have a late drink and a chat, meeting other people, but nothing hectic. We intend to do sea Kayaking and snorkling.

I am only in the are for around 10 days, and don't really want to book 1 place, I want to keep my options open.

I'd be grateful for any ideas.

Thanks =)

by brotherleelove

I once did a walk-in at The City Hotel in Krabi Town, paid around 350 baht/night, less than $10/night. It was clean, and right across the street is a great night market. They had a sister-hotel, the Riverside, about 1/2 mile away along the waterfront away from downtown near a large gas/petrol station.

by elf01

Thanks for that, I'll check it out. You think I need to book ahead my whole stay in Krabi and resorts for Feb?

by earthflyer

I never book a hotel in Thailand always turn up and their always many options.

Don't think you will have a problem.

by brotherleelove

It depends on how you like to travel. Flexibility really helps in Thailand. It's still high season in February so it will be fairly crowded. Take that into account.

by SfumatoPants

A friend of mine who lives in Hat Yai recommended some of the smaller islands to me, one of them being Koh Jum (he still says he prefers going to Penang for a holiday, but he's a cranky "grass is always greener" guy). I read all the info I could find on it and booked a hotel there. It's a ferry ride out of Krabi on the way to Lanta. I haven't arrived yet, so I can't offer any reviews, but it looks promising.

by peter_croub1122

The Srisuksant Resort Krabi is very clean, our shower did not work very good, sometimes hot water or sometimes cold water, but for thailand this is very good, don´t expect much with the water supply, good food in hotel restaurant, you are given beach towels which we was surprised as not many hotels give you these, location is pretty good, near to shops & boats which will take you to railie beach, phi phi & other islands

Travel Tips for Krabi

Guys Hello, Girls Hello

by Aidy_p

Saying hello in Thai can be quite comical for the locals if you use the wrong phrase.

For guys, you will need to say "Sawadee-khap". For ladies, you will need to say "Sawadee-Kha".

To formalise your "Hellos" and also an act which gives it added respect to the person your are saying to, clasp your two hands together and with just a slight bow, say "Sawadee-Khap".

Then you're on your way to a much nicer stay in Thailand.

Going down

by AndreSTGT

... the remaining 15min or so is a wild mixture of rock climbing and sliding, some parts are secured by a rope, some aren't.
You'll probably say to yourself more than once : "forget it, this is suicidal, i'll go back", but don't, it's doable and...

Great Pizza and Thai Seafood!!

by sacrebleu about Sala Bua

Serving exquisite Italian and authentic Thai seafood. This restaurant has a good vibe and is open for service until late at night. We were there twice and wanted to have the steamed mussels with Thai herbs again the second time but were all sold out! So we had something else and a pizza instead. The restaurants along the seafront of Ao Nang beach seems to be more upmarket and Sala Bua is the best we could find in Ao Nang. Still it's dirt cheap. They have a pizza oven so the mozarella and tomato pizza I had was crispy and thin, very good for B130 and was a good size too!! You must try the mussels steamed with a mixture of lemongrass and Thai basil. It's delicious. The squid salad was yummy too. It wasn't rubbery at all and cooked to prefection.

Ao Nang

by AndreSTGT

Ao Nang is the most popular beach resort in the region, complete with apartments for rent, lively bars, a beach promenade and some beautiful seafood restaurants above the beach. It's a very tidy and low-key resort, but the beach here is really nothing special. It is, however, a great base from which to explore some of Thailand's most beautiful beaches and scenery in the surrounding countryside.

Go to Ao Nang

by GracesTrips

Ao Nang is a tiny city just south of Phuket. We decided to check it out and there wasn't much to see at first. We rented a motorbike and the road trip took us to an elephant camp where we did an elephant trek. We enjoyed lunch at one of the seaside restaurants, Mother House. We had a nice little unexpected adventure in Ao Nang!

Comments