3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Tup Kaek Sunset Beach Resort and Spa

Ao Thalen BayAo Thalen Bay

Railay Beach West in the early eveningRailay Beach West in the early evening

Limescale formations abound in Phang Nga BayLimescale formations abound in Phang Nga Bay

Chicken on the run!Chicken on the run!

Wedding in Krabi

by DrBoo

Hi,

I'm planning on having a marriage celebration in Krabi in December next year.
We were thinking of the Rayavadee, but are open to ideas (as the Rayavadee is stretching our budget!!)
Would anyone suggest a hotel or resort in Krabi that would be perfect for a wedding (and about 30 guests).
Any advice really appreciated.
Katie
x

RE: Wedding in Krabi

by DarkRay

Rayavadee is indeed expensive! For something that still exude luxury and class but does not cost as much, you may want to consider Nakamanda, Sheraton, or the new Thai Village. But unlike Rayavadee, they are not in Railay, but near Ao Nang.

For a wedding, I have a feeling that if elegance is what you are looking for, Nakamanda is probably a good hotel to research into.

Just my 2 cents.... :-)

by DrBoo

Thanks!

Conincidently, we were considering Nakamanda as our second option. I'm hoping the hotel will get back to me about what they could offer.

Would anyone have any advice for where our guests could stay nearby that would be cheaper, but close enough to get to the Nakamanda for the ceremony?

Really appreciate your help.
Thanks.

by Mr_Lob

try the andaman holiday resort

by DarkRay

The other resorts on Klong Muang in descending order of pricing are Sheraton, Tup Kaek Sunset Beach Resort, and Andaman Holiday Resort.

Hope this helps.... :-)

RE: Wedding in Krabi

by limn

Hi Katie,

I realize you wrote your message about a year ago, but I am wondering where you decided to have your wedding and also how it went. I ask because my fiance and are are trying to decide between venues in krabi now for next december (options are rayavadee, sheraton and nakamanda)... Do you have any good advice, by any chance? Anything would be appreciated.

Hope your wedding was wonderful!

Nadia

Travel Tips for Krabi

Rock Climbing

by GracesTrips

We didn't do this but saw quite a few people who were. You don't need to bring any equipment with you because they have everything you need there. Everything in Railay was one entire cost to do snorkel tours or climbing tours. Climbing tours were located on Railay East.

It's Also a Tuk Tuk

by illa

We were walking in the street trying to find a Tuk Tuk going to Tiger Cave Temple. There came this guy. The price he offered was 600 Baht round trip. I said no, a taxi driver just offered us 500Baht. How come you are more expensive?

He then said no problem, and brought out a business card with a car on it, "I also have a friend with a taxi." Obviously people doing business there all have a lot of friends. "if you want, I can contact him and he can offer you 500 Baht."

"However, if you take my Tuk Tuk, you can appreciate the beautiful view on the way; you can stop to take pictures whenever you want and wherever you want. But with a taxi," He put his hands on his belly, closed his eyes, and tilted his head aside, showing sleeping...

It made me laugh. He was indeed right.

"But a car is more steady. Your Tuk Tuk, " I jumped up and down to show it was bumping.

It was his turn to laugh. Then we agreed to go at 500 Baht.

Top 10 Things to Do in Krabi, Thailand on Vacation

by ThaiPulse

Krabi has some awesome things to do! Here are my 10 favorite things to do in Krabi, Thailand...

1. Visit Wat Tum Sua Buddhist Temple (Tiger Cave Temple).

2. Visit Huay To Waterfall in the Khao Phanom Benja National Park.

3. Go see the Crystal Lagoon or Crystal Pond (Freshwater swimming hole).

4. Take a ferry or longtail boat to Ko Phi Phi islands.

5. Ao Nang beach...

6. I found a cool little wat (Buddhist temple) that is built on one side of a huge limestone hill. Wat Tum Sang Phet (Diamond Cave Temple).

7. Nopparat Thara Beach.

8. Koh Lanta?

9. Chicken head island.

10. Railay beach.

I have a full write up on a page I created at my main Krabi info page on ThaiPulse.com here...

Top 10 Things to do in Krabi on Vacation

I'm looking forward to writing up MANY tips on Krabi here at VT and also at that site. Already there is a LOT of information there about Krabi things to do!

Caves

by Blatherwick

The limestone scenery which dominates the entire region offers a fascinating network of cave systems, both inland and along the coastline. Many contain wonderful crystalline formations, stalagmites and stalactites. A number are said to be the home of spirits and are steeped in local forklore, containing Buddha images and items of spiritual worship.

Many of the coastal caves reveal collapsed caverns or "hongs" Inside the hongs are many interior lagoons open to the sky and accessed only at certain tides through tunnels in the rocks.

Ao Railay Pranang Cave Beach

by AshleeS

Slightly busy but still beautiful. The caves provide shade in the water (good if you are already sun burnt from the day before). Lots of little fishes in the water. For us non-Europeans just to warn you people do go there and lay or walk around topless, so don't be surprised.

Comments