Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket Phangnga

Moo.5.,Khokloy,Takua Thung, Phangnga, 33, Khao Lak and Phang Nga, Phangnga, 82140, Thailand
Official Site Travelocity Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket Phangnga

Phuket's Paradise

by ayebeecee about Aleenta Resort, Phuket

Beautiful quiet resort with excellent rooms with private plunge pools. Excellent service and a place for total relaxation. Beautiful rooms, lovely surroundings and comes with personal plunge pools. A little far from main partying area (Patong/Kata Beach etc) but it's a paradise on its own.

Aleenta, a piece of heaven on earth!

by TripAdvisor Member Joannebong

The Aleenta was wonderful, it absolutely exceeded all my expectations. The ocean view loft I booked was more beautiful than it looked online (that has never happened to me!) The infinity pool combined with the knockout view of the ocean was exactly what I needed to unwind after a long business trip in asia. I also didn't have one bad meal the food at the resort was delicious and fresh no need to venture outside for a meal unless you are feeling like a small adventure. Lastly the staff was wonderful aside from missing a wake up call the morning of my snorkeling trip everyone was making sure that all my needs where met!

Honeymoon bliss! It hurt to leave!

by TripAdvisor Member chicagogal7

The Aleenta Phuket was our first stop for our 2-week Thailand honeymoon. After nearly 36-hours of travel, we knew we had made the right decison, and the effort to get there was well worth it the second we arrived at the Aleenta! We loved everything about this resort! The intimacy, the design of the rooms, the bed linens, open air shower, the landscape, the spa and yoga class, the staff... I could go on and on!

We stayed in a Pool Suite, which was lovely... a bit small, but the view more than made up for it! The view was, in a word, breathtaking! We loved being so close to the beach, and we worshiped our plunge pool! We spent most of our time lounging around, reading books, hopping around from the pool to the beach... and indulging in our mini-bar! It was bliss!

We thought the food was very tasty, although we nearly tried everything on the menu during our 7-day stay. The food is tasty, but the choices, we thought, were a bit limited. However, everything we had, we really enjoyed! Definitely have dinner on the beach. They set-up a private table in the sand... it was wonderful!

In terms of the service, we thought it was top-notch. I don't understand the critical reviews regarding the language barrier... we had no problem communicating with any of the employees. It takes a little effort, but we had no issues whatsoever. And, the staff was lovely. Everybody was very accomodating, and sosweet. We felt that they really made an effort to make our stay special... they attended to our every whim!

The bottom line is that it hurt to leave! We miss the Aleenta terribly and cannot wait to return.

its nice,but not a patch on its sister in Hua Hin

by TripAdvisor Member iheartbangkok

We have just returned from 3 days at Aleenta. There was wedding on the weekned that we were there and we were upgraded(?) to a villa as we had booked a pool villa on the beach front where the wedding and an all night dance party were being held.
The staff were very friendly and the place is beautiful, but for me -I much preferred the intimacy of Hua Hin.
The accomodation is gorgeous and the little touches that they do make the Aleenta properties unique. You will have a great stay here and it is perfect for a honeymoon or romantic getaway
( I was however travelling with my mum....)
I also thought the breakfast was great and also the thai food that I had was good. The menu in the restaurant was really interesting and the dishes presented really well when they arrived. The only thing that would have been good was to have a different restaurant close by with cheaper dining options.

Wow - what an amazing place!

by TripAdvisor Member catlady81

The Aleenta resort and spa definately lived up to everything we had heard of it and the pictures we saw on thier website.

We stayed there for 3 nights in a beach front villa, which was stunning, was very contempary/modern and i kept having to pinch myself that we were living in such luxury so many miles from home.

The staff were amazing, they were always very keen to help you or do things for you. My mum had to go to the doctors through bites on her leg one day and one member of staff went with her and helped her wth the language barrier.

The food was out of this world, they even catered for one member of our party who liked plain food - they made him chicken and chips!! So they will cater for anyones needs.

I had a mud mineral wrap whilst we were there which was amazing and very relaxing so i would recommend the spa area.

Everything about our weekend there was fantastic and i would recommed the Aleenta to anyone. We have come back with the most amazing photos and the sunset everyday at 6:30 and it does all year round.

The maids kept our rooms very clean and at night time they would come round and put down your blinds, light some candles and mosquito deterants and set some beautiful sounds.

They had all mod cons in the beach front villa, we had a huge flat screen tv in the living area, all bedrooms had ipods set up with music or you could put your own in there. They had jacuzzi baths, towels for the beach including normal towels.

Dont be put off ym any bad comments made by people in the past - yes this place is a million miles from shops/clubs/bars/restaurants but if you want a peaceful/tranquil get away then i recommend the Aleenta resort and spa.

It needs time to improve (A LOT)!

by TripAdvisor Member hud_yee

It was our (my wife and I) first time in Phuket. We were originally not sure whether to stay at Aleenta, but we did not have much choice as we left our reservation till very late. First impression (even before we arrived): it is very expensive and so we thought it'd better good.
Location: it is actually situated almost in the middle of nowhere - being very far away from Phuket airport and Phuket town - which was fine for us - we were there to relax, not to party.
Check-in: it was relatively slow but generally good service at the reception desk.
Then the problems begin.........our room (the lowest category) was very small and it is a room within a villa shared by other guests! so we have to share the living room with other guests....only if our agent told us beforehand (well, not the hotel's fault but what a strange way of renting the rooms out....)
Then we made a few requests, e.g. getting another type of pillow and other house-keeping requests - the response was: (i) either the staff could not understand what we were talking about (after trying 5-10 minutes) or (ii) the requests would not be answered even after 5-6 reminders over a period of something like 30+ minutes.
And finally because of the stupid "sharing-of-the-villa" design - so that all guests sharing go through the same front door - somehow we got locked up in the hallway between the shared living room and our own room, and we had to wait there for 20 minutes plus to be rescued........
This became too much and we had to complain to the manager.....whose explanation was a combination of (a) it was still a new property (but when we went, the resort would have been open for over 6 months), (b) it was peak season then and so they were at their capacity so every one was busy (well - then please hire more staff!!) and (c) they were not like a big chain (e.g. Banyee Tree) and so they could not transfer well-trained staff from existing location to this new location; instead they hired locally - people who speak very little English and have no hotel experience - and the plan was to train them up and help them to improve their English on the job! Can you believe that? Yes it was a good vision to try to improve local employment and help train people - BUT guests cannot be made to pay that sort of money (trust me it is A LOT!) to subsidise them for that!!
At least the manager offerred to change us into the next category of room - which is a much nicer room - but if we had to pay to stay in that nicer room, we wouldn't have - we could have stayed at Amanpuri for that sort of price.....
Food - only 1 restaurant and 1 cafe/bar type place with a very very limited menu.
One of the very few big plus - we joined the Thai cooking class there - it was quite well run and the Executive Chef who taught us the cooking skills was very good (with his cooking of course) and very nice to us. That was the best part of our stay.

OVERALL: It is a nice property situated in a quiet location. But the staffing and service level prolems need SERIOUS improvement.

Something for everyone but....

by TripAdvisor Member Asianonholiday

Having been to Phuket twice a year for too many years we were looking for a place that would meet all of our needs. We didn't care if this resort was far away from Phuket town as we had no intention of leaving. The beach and pool was great for my son and husband as they happily spent all day outside. I was fortunate enough to practise yoga each morning with a resident instructor from India who was extremely knowledgeable and visit the spa when I felt like it for massages or other treatments.

I would agree with other members that this place has great potential but it def is not there yet. Having read all of the reviews I was quite prepared for some English issues but decided to try anyways. I could handle the prawns being served when I ordered pork, or onions in the dish despite having told them three times that my son is very allergic to them etc. There were many other examples - all of which I could tolerate and try to ignore on the basis that I live in another Asian country with very little English.

However there was one incident which could not be overlooked and I feel obliged to write my review...

We had booked a beachfront suite for 4 nights and upon checking in they had written three nights. I immediately informed them of this error. Later that evening I was told that I would have to change rooms on the last night - I asked why would I do this when it is my last night and this was not my problem as I had a confirmed booking. The lady said that because this way I would not have to share the pool with anyone else (the beachfront suites have a shared pool). So even though this was an inconvenience I reluctantly accepted it as we wouldn't have to share.

On the last day my husband was asked at breakfast at 8:15 when would we move rooms? We told them sometime after breakfast. We arrived in our room and there was a horde of people - again we were asked when would we be moving. I replied when we are finished packing. No sooner had I said this then the phone rings - when will I be moving as someone is checking in at 10AM. At this point it is a hassle as someone could have asked us the night before or offered to help us pack and move our things if it were that big of a deal.

After packing our things we walked out of our villa (the cleaning team had been waiting outside the whole time), no one told us which room we were in so we wandered outside and actually went to the wrong room and then eventually found a couple of our suitcases in our room. What annoyed us was that the room was no longer beachfront but a peek-a-boo ocean view. We asked to be moved to the room in front - to which I was told that there was someone else checking in. When I explained that we were told that we not be sharing and that this is the reason why we had moved we got a blank stare. We called the front desk and explained and got silence on the phone. At this point we decided that we should speak to the manager. We called the front desk and asked to speak to the manager - they said 15 minutes. We waited and called back again - then they said he was in a meeting. As you can well imagine we were slightly annoyed as it was now after 11 and we had basically wasted an entire morning packing. So we decided to go swimming and then realized that we didn't even have a room key. Called down to ask for a key no one came called again and then someone gave us a key. Finally the manager turns up and we explain the situation. We tell him that we would like the front suite and he tells me that the hotel is fully booked to which I answer then why did I waste my morning packing? Why didn't I just stay in our room if I am going to share?

He disappears and comes back 20 mins later and gives us the room in front.

While the manager handled it by giving us the room we wanted there are several issues here: a) for a five star hotel the service level is not up to scratch - guests should not be inconvenienced (ie we shouldn't have had to move in the first place or made to find which room they belong in or be kept waiting!) b) English is def a problem. Management said that they have hired a full time English teacher but admitted that this will take time c) althought the manager did take the time to talk to me each time he saw me after the incident a small gesture for our inconvience would have been appreciated. We wasted 3 hours of our morning trying to sort out this on our last day.

This is a lovely hotel with a great beach and resident yoga instructor but if you are used to getting what you want and have little room for patience I would suggest that you wait. I would def like to come back when the service has improved.

PS If you bring a mobile phone make sure that you have DTAC else you will have no coverage.

elegant hideaway

by TripAdvisor Member milo22

Our previous stay in the region was at the Amanpuri, so we were a bit worried about being disapointed.
All we wanted was rest and privacy. That's what we found and much more.
Basically, if you had a weekend beach house, that's exactly how you'd want it to be.
We booked a beach suite and ended up having the grounds of the whole villa for ourselves (joy of travelling low season). That was great because our 3 year old son could run around and play and and make as much noise as he wanted without ever disturbing anyone.
This is certainly not a family hotel. If you come with small children, you will not be allowed in the main hotel section, but have to book in the villa wing. This works out to be perfect, Kids do what they want in the privacy of the villa and adults relax totally.
This is a very peacefull place where we were able to totally relax after a hectic few weeks settling in our new home in Asia after moving from UK.
Service is very elegant. Food is very fresh and varied (asian & french / Italian). Mood id quiet and mellow and romantic.
No TV ..........but iPods in every room. So just put on your favorite music, open the floor to ceiling windows, sit in your pool and watch the ocean.

PURE TROPICAL PARADISE 15 MINS FROM PHUKET AIRPORT, THAILAND

by TripAdvisor Member JOEKI

I work as a dj (google me>> dj joeki) and have stayed at many hotels all around the world, including W HOTEL in seoul (6 STAR) they say, but IS NOTHING next to the hotels and service we have in thailand. I definitely must recommend this place as a place to visit while you are still here on this planet

absolutely superb no tvs!! Nothing more relaxing, its like meditating on a cloud of silk sheets and down pillows.. never felt so rejuvenated!

This plave is not to be missed and specially for surfers who are looking for a new exclusive place for surfing around thailand, this is the spot!

VERY EXCLUSIVE.

Paradise - didn't want to leave

by TripAdvisor Member not_specified

We rented the cheapest category of room, and it was still one of the most amazing places I've stayed at - partially because of the minimalist architecture and partially because of the picturesque beachfront location.

The hotel is definitely in the middle of nowhere, but if your main objective is to relax, unwind and sip a few cocktails, then I cannot think of a better place to be.

The service was very attentive, our room was serviced three times a day and they would always leave behind little treats like fruit platters, chocolates, desserts etc. The staff were always smiling and
the barman made me quite a few cocktails for free ;-)

The hotel restaurant is overpriced by Thailand standard (~US$25). However, you can also ask the staff to drive you to the local restaurants for around US$13 and you can have a delicious local meal for <US$10 pp.

I did not have any real issues with the level of English, speak slower and use shorter words – easily solved! I am in complete favor
of assisting the local community by hiring local people at the resort.

Perfect choice for those who want to loosen up, lie by the beach and just listen to the waves roll in…

with company and all.with company and all.

short break in thailand

by debbyt

please help! im planning a 5-7 day trip to thailand in early march and i have no particular idea what to do, where to go, what to see. is there anything unmissable in anyone`s opinion? also, are internal flights pretty cheap? thanks!

Re: short break in thailand

by Hoppsan

there is so much to see and everything is very different so it depends on what u enjoy doing?

by debbyt

i want to spend time on beaches, treking, meeting thai people, diving, walking, seeing temples, houses - i want to do everything! which is why i need help in choosing an area that has a lot to offer. i will only be in thailand for maybe 5 full days so i dont want to spend too much time travelling from place to place. but everything would be good. everybody talks about how great the beaches are but i want to do more than just sit on a beach. any ideas are very useful for me!

by annbrussels

Depending on what you want to do, but I would recommend going off the beaten path of Phuket, Samui and discover something new like Pranburi. It's a small fishing village outside of Hua Hin, just 2 1/2 hours south of Bangkok. We spent our New Year holidays there and it was great. There is a 300 Peaks National Park, Cave Kayaking, Sailing, Golf activities near by. Or you can just chill by the sea and sip your cocktail. I would highly recommend Aleenta, a really cool new resort & spa that just opened when we were there. It's got just 10 rooms, so you should really book in advance. Their website is www.aleenta.com (I think, or search under that name).

Re: short break in thailand

by Chanya

Hello there, yes, the internal flights are pretty cheap, except the flight to Samui Island. 5-7 day time is too short to explore the country. Firstly I'd say, you have to set your priority...the beach or the mountain. For example if you want to go to the beach..let say Phuket then better take catch a flight to Phuket right after you arrived in Bangkok...or else spend a few days in Bangkok and do some sightseeings, then take a flight to Phuket . For your return flight...you can fly Phuket-BKK, then catch your flight back home. Anything else that I can help?

by debbyt

im from england but currently living in tokyo. why???

by debbyt

im now going for 10 days, flying in and out of bangkok. i was thinking of going to spend a few days on an island. i want to see bangkok but only for a day of so. i live in tokyo, so im hoping for a bit of peace and quiet rather than another busy, crazy city! id also like to see a floating market, but a genuine one rather than a show for tourists. and also a muay thai fight. my friend, who im going with, is worried that muay thai fighters are not fighting of their own free will. any thoughts on this?

Comments