9/9 Moo 1 Tambon Kuk KakAmphur Takua Pa, Phangnga,

Costs 41% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort

Very good hotel in Khao Lak

by Jorry about Hotel Le Meridien Khao Lak

Yes we will recommend this hotel. Have a look at the site of this hotel and everything you see is true.
Nice rooms, great service, 3 lovely big pools, on the beach, quiet, for relaxing.

Le Meridien is just ok

by TripAdvisor Member moschino24_98

Le Meridien Khao Lak is a very nice hotel but not exceptional.
The rooms are nicely decorated and if you manage the have a view is even better. The best part of the hotel are the swimming pools. Lovely grounds and nice tennis courts.
During our visit the beach was under reconstruction because of monsoon damage. The beach is really nice and empty.
The town of Khao Lak is just 15min drive and the hotel provides bus in the evening for 200Bath. The Sarojin next door offers the same service free of charge.
Personally I did not like the service. It is not very professional and because the hotel is big sometimes inpersonal. Overall the hotel is really nice but there are better choices: The Sarojin or Arahmas.

Peaceful and Pretty

by TripAdvisor Member swimmingalong

In February 2006 I stayed at Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort in Khao Lak, Thailand. My purpose was to have a 10 day holiday which was restful, peaceful and in a lovely location. To my delight my stay at Le Meridien in Khao Lak helped me achieve all this.

At Le Meridien, the room size and room location were one of the many postives of my stay . The rooms were furnished both practically and beautifully . I enjoyed the wood features of the furnishings and also the walk through garden paths to go from my room to restaurants, pool and other facilities.

While staying at Le Meridien, Khao Lak, I spent most of my days on the beach - walking, swimming and relaxing - or by one of the various pools in the picturesque setting of the hotel grounds. I enjoyed that the beaches were clean, the bars and restaurants were easily accessible and the necessary facilities, such as hammocks, day beds and towels, were available. I found the outdoor areas to be quiet and restful places. the staff attended to my requirements subtly and politely, managing to be available but unobtrusive.

I often ate at the outdoor cafe by the beach. I enjoyed this as the staff were friendly and always remembered favourite drinks and meals.

During the evenings I had room service or ate at one of the other restaurants. I liked the variety of food that could be chosen to order through room service. However, the restaraunts were amazing. the food was delicious - simple, tasty and cooked beatifully.

I used the gym and beautifican and shoppped within the hotel complex. having these facilities available was great as I really needed a holiday that was easy and stress free.

The other aspect that contributed to such a lovely stay was the front desk staff and porters. I often had to seek assistance or ask for advice when travelling beyond the hotel. they attended to me efficiently and with a smile. they always seemed to have the answers to my questions.

I would like to thank the hotel staff and management for their wonderful job in ensuring my stay was just as needed - peaceful and restful. I would recommend other people staying in this hotel who wish to have such a holiday and lovely memories. I will certainly be back.

Remote Resort, Beautiful Beach, Poor Staff

by TripAdvisor Member tropical2001

We stayed at the Le Meridien Khao Lak for one week till the 30th of November. We had a Lagoon Villa facing a little lake. They offer sea-view villas (very nice!), Lagoon Villas and private Pool villas (and normals rooms of course). I would not recomend the private Pool Villas as you have a big wall around your Villa and no view and your private Pool is very small. Our room/villa was very nice with a private patio, an outside shower and a big bathtub. The bed is huge and you have a plasma TV in the room.
The beach is very lonely and looks like on a postcard. This is the best about the Hotel.There is some construction going on right now at the resort down at the beach. The water is not very clear and rather warm at the moment.
The Pool-Area is just ok. Nothing special. The spa-pool is very good though.For breakfast they serve just average food and start cleaning up exactly at 10:30 very noisily which we found very disturbing and not apropriate for a 5* Hotel.
The staff is not very good because they hardly understand you.
The food in the restaurants is ok but you can get far better food in Thailand. Khao Lak town is 15 min away by bus but not very nice.
The fitness-room is small and doesn´t have a nice view.
The spa is very good. But I would not recomend to take a manicure/pedicure because they have horrible bright lights in that room-just like in a big supermarket.

One word AMAZING

by TripAdvisor Member Ridgesas

This is the best resort I have ever stayed in without question!

We booked a spa package and lagoon villa directly with the hotel and got a great rate. We rented a car near the Phuket airport and drove approximately 1hr to the resort.

On the way to Le Meridien we stopped at JW Marriott for lunch and were really disappointed. We were encouraged to have the buffet but there were tons of flies near the food. We ordered off the menu and were kept waiting and waiting until we had to complain to the manager. What a terrible experience.

When we arrived at Le Meridien, we were greeted with lays and a cold drink and checked in privately in the lobby lounge. Our baggage was emptied and the car parked by the valet. We mentioned that we were a little late for our first spa appointment and the check in agent said they would call the spa and move the time without hesitation.

The lagoon villa is the best hotel room/suite we have ever stayed in. The villas are somewhat secluded but close to the beach, spa, lobby and restaurants. They are decorated in Thai style with silk and dark woods. It opens out to the lagoon (which is inhabited by fish and swans!) with 2 pool style lounge chairs. The bathroom is HUGE and includes an outdoor shower which is wonderful. We did not need to call housekeeping for anything as the room included more than just the right number of towels and amenities we ever needed. The room also included a large plasma TV and you can borrow movies from the lobby. The lobby are also has free wireless internet so if you bring your laptop you can surf for free.

The grounds and public spaces are clean and look brand new. We could not find a single fault in this entire place. The resort was sold out for a conference but did not feel over crowded at all.

The breakfast was great and included western and Thai food. The beach and pool were great. Staff would offer us towels and rolled up towels as pillows before we could even pick out a spot. The ocean was warm and the sand is like powder.

The spa was incredible. The prices were comparable to spa prices in North America, but great value for the services we received. If spa’s in North America offer the same ambience and quality of staff/treatments you probably would not get an appointment for 6 months. The staff at the spa is wonderful and the treatments are amazing. To top it all off, all treatments are in private villas with separate showers, steam rooms and plunge pools. This is as good as it gets! Sinee the spa manager is very helpful and accommodating (we needed to change our treatment times on more than one occasion).

One last thing that describes the service at Le Meridien, after we left we found we had left a small case in our villa. We called the hotel the same night from Singapore and left a message for the manager to call us back the next day. Not only did the manager call us back in Singapore, they had our case and offered to send it via air-courier back to Bangkok so that we would have it upon our return to Bangkok. The package arrived as promised even though we were somewhat concerned given we would only be in Bangkok for one night before leaving for Hong Kong.

We would definitely return to Le Meridien Khao Lak in the future. We only hope their prices remain reasonable so that we can have a longer stay in the future. Our only regret is that we could not stay longer given they were full up with a conference.

Excellent Hotel, VERY peaceful location

by TripAdvisor Member rascall

This was a marvellous hotel with very attentive staff at a picturesque setting. Everything was immaculate and good value. The swimming pools are worthy of particular mention as to their size and water filter systems. Like many other guests we would return.

On the negative side there is absolutley nothing around the hotel. The distance from the hotel reception to the main road is .75k and about 15 min drive to the nearest shops/restaurant. The hotel does operate a minibus a few times in the evening at a small cost, but this gets quite full. It was disappointing that the reception staff could/would not give us the telephone number of local taxi's who would have completed the journey at times to suit us. Because of this we were forced to eat in the hotel restaurants every night.

Food at the hotel was good and of a high quality, but some evenings rather than having a gourmet meal we just fancied something light (and cheaper) No such food was on offer in the restaurant but available by room service at a very moderate cost. It was disappointing to have to eat in our rooms for a few nights as opposed to eating the same meal in the restaurants.

I must also add my comments to the previous posts regarding the beach. In one word 'Fantastic.' It really is true that you can walk along the soft sand beach for miles and not pass another soul.

In general a first class hotel, fantastic staff and facilites, a pure luxurious spa, no screaming kids, idealic beach, but in a very cut off location.

Beautiful Hotel but Poor Service

by TripAdvisor Member MileageMax

This is a beautiful hotel, but is let down by the staff. Many of the staff were not very professional, poorly trained, and inefficient. Seemed like most staff were trainees and they struggle to keep the few good senior staff who leave for better pay and benefits at other hotels in Phuket or Bangkok.

Beautiful deluxe resort but quiet

by TripAdvisor Member tonks28

I have just returned from Le Meridien. I went with my Partner for 1 week.

The hotel is lovely – it has the best rooms that we have ever stayed in. We stayed in a deluxe room having got a fantastic deal on the hotel’s website.

The grounds are immaculate and well looked after.

There are 4 restaurants within the hotel:

Baan Thai – serving Thai food overlooking a lagoon. The food wasn’t to my personal taste, but my Partner loved it.

Bangsak Grill – serving more international food, such as steaks and pastas.

Café Lillewadee – where breakfast is served which is fantastic. They have everything you could wish for, including an egg station, local Thai cuisine (beef noodles if you wanted!), the usual English and continental stuff, lots of fresh fruit, breads, and hot pancakes and waffles! Yum! Most evenings had on a themed buffet, which were fairly expensive compared to the other restaurants at approximately 1400 baht per person (over £20).

KukKak – the new restaurant at the front of the hotel. We never ate here because it was very quiet.

Just down the beach (about a 5 minute walk) is the Tsunami Victims Café, which serves excellent food, and we thought it was a lot better than the hotel. It serves normal Thai food – fried rice, noodles, chicken with chilli and basil, fresh fish etc. We thought it was excellent and ended up eating there for either lunch or dinner. We would have 2 or 3 large Singha beers each and about 3 or 4 main dishes plus rice, and the bill would only be in the region of 500 baht – less than £10. You must go, even if it is just for a beer in the afternoon, to help support the local community. The owners lost everything in the Tsunami, including 3 members of their family, and are slowly rebuilding their lives.

It is very quiet and if you are looking to stay anywhere with any sort of nightlife then this is not the resort for you.

There were 3 bars within the hotel – the lobby bar which didn’t actually have a bar and we were never able to get a drink, the KukKak bar which was newly opened and the beach bar. We would have drinks at the beach bar every night but we were often the only people there!

Khao Lak is a 10 to 15 minute drive away, and apart from the Tsunami Victims Café there are no bars or restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel runs a shuttle bus every night. Khao Lak is relatively small but has a reasonable selection of shops, bars and restaurants.

The beach is stunning and you could walk for ages without seeing another person. The sea was warm and nice for swimming but no good for snorkelling.

We went on 2 trips – a snorkelling trip to the Similan Islands organised through Sea Bees Dive Centre located in the hotel and a day in Khao Sok National Park including canoeing down a river and elephant trekking organised with Kai at the Tsunami Victims Café. Both days were really good and highly recommended. The elephant trekking was one of the best experiences I have ever had.

I would highly recommend this hotel, but only if you want a quiet relaxing holiday. I think it is suitable for couples, but not for groups of people and probably not families as there didn’t seem to be much for children, although this might change in peak season.

Beautiful hotel, average service

by TripAdvisor Member Musana

My boyfriend and I (no kids) stayed at Le Meridien for 12 nights at the begining of November:

- Location: middle of nowhere. Town of Khao Lak which is about 10min by shuttle bus (200BHT per person return) is small with a few restaurants and market type shops. No nightclubs or bars worth noting. Monty the Tailor located in the town does beautiful suits if you are interested (but quite pricey, 100% wool suit will set you back 10 000BHT but if quality is what you are after its the place to go to). For European food nothing beats the Viking Steakhouse and hospitality of the wonderful Danish owner.

- Hotel: large resort with good facilities, beautiful swimming pool, lovley beach, nice tennis courts and impressive gardens.

- Rooms: nicley furnished with large bath tubs, small balcony and we had a beautiful view of the sea.

- Food at hotel: buffet breakfast quite impressive in terms of choice and quality. Lunch food by the pool is expensive and the wait times are outrageous. Have a dinner by the pool at least once as the atmosphere is very romantic and food again good but pricey.

- Le Spa: did not have any treatments as I went in the morning to ask about having an eyebrow wax any time that day (takes about 10minutes) and I was advised that they were fully booked. Any 5star spa would have accomodated a 10min treatment, but this is precisely what is missing at this resort: 5* service. That is why I decided not to bother with Le Spa. Up the beach, 3min walk from Le Meridien you can get a decent massage by a family who also run a little seafood bar nearby. It will cost you 300BHT for 1hour and they are really really lovley people.

- Sevice: At times ok, at times terrible. Having stayed at many 5* resorts accross Asia we frankly expected more. Staff barley speak English, the wait times for any order are shocking, if you want something changed on the menu they would flatly refuse (I asked for no anchovies in my ceasar salad and my request was simply ignored, when I complained they pretended not to understand, another time I asked for some bread rolls with my meal which were delivered 35 minutes after the meal was served, etc...). The hotel was 50% full when we were there so there is absolutley no excuse for the poor service. Regardless we had to tip everything and everyone as they just keep standing until given some money. They refused to book a local taxi for us even though the bus shuttle service at 6pm was regularly booked out so we'd catch a 7pm service and had to catch the last bus back at 9pm. And these are just some of the examples...

- Excursions: we booked an elephant safari and whitewater rafting trip, sea kayaking and exploring phng nga caves and phi phi island trip through Asia Trails at the hotel. Trips were pricey (about 3000BHT per person per trip) but definatley worth it.

- Also through Asia Trails we booked a driver to take us to Patong (about 2.5 hours away), this cost 2900BHT and we went in a mini bus which was completly empty. Not impressed with the driver as he wanted to take us where he thought we should go and not where we wanted to go (they get commisions from taking you to certain shops). If you have never been, Patong is one giant market full of fake designer clothes and accessories of doubtful quality. They will charge you about 1500BHT for a fake Gucci bag and about the same for a pretty good copy of an Omega watch. If you are going to buy anything make sure you bargain, you should not pay more than half the price they initially ask for...

Overall: we wouldn't go back to Le Meridien. The Resort is lovley however they have a long way to go in terms of service and the location is not the best (unless you like totally secluded resorts and spending all your tome there). Next time we go to Phuket we will be staying at JW Mariott.

Wonderful experience in an outstanding hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Dods64

This is a belated review but I just had to submit our thoughts on Le Meridien at Khao Lak. We went as a famliy (2 adults and twin 4 year old boys) in August of this year. We did hesitate due to the tsunami damage but saw practically none and had an amazing time. This is a beautiful, well thought-out resort. The pool view room was well equipped and stylish, leading out into well tended gardens. The pool ran round the gardens and we could see the beach and sea in the distance. We found the Children's activities well organised and age appropriate. There was also a lovely little beach 'pool' for toddlers and a play area. The kid's club was brilliant, equipped with computers and patient staff. Our boys throughly enjoyed the water slides. However, the hotel is not just a family resort and was tranquil and perfect for honeymooners too! The staff were impeccable, I cannot believe the criticisms in a previous post! I filled in the questionnaire at the end of the stay and stated how much we had enjoyed our stay. Two weeks later back home we had a personal letter from the manager thanking us for taking the time to complete this. The staff were thoughful and genuine, they could not do enough for us and made this a brilliant holiday. Khao Lak itself is small but recovering well. Do not hesitate to go, it is much nicer than neighbouring Phuket and you will be welcomed with opened arms. We have been to many luxury resorts in Asia and the Carribean and this far exceeded any other experience. Thanks you so much to Le Meriden - we will be back....

The TourThe Tour