Paradise Koh Yao Resort

24 Moo 4, , Koh Yao Noi, 52160, Thailand
The Paradise Koh Yao Boutique Beach Resort & Spa
Agoda.com Booking.com Asiatravel.com

More about Paradise Koh Yao Resort

Cheap, airy, clean, best view bungalows u can get!

by SYMascord about Tabeak Viewpoint

Tabeak Viewpoint is a good and cheap place to stay if you go to Koh Yao Noi. It has about 4 individual bungalows, each with a viewing balcony and deck chairs. The owner is building 3 more.

It costs a mere 300 Baht during the low season, and 600 Baht during the high. Very cheap if you compare the prices offered by other places on the island which do not give you the same big rooms.

You'll need a torch at night to walk to this place because there is no street lighting. Good footwear recommended for walking up and down the small hill slope. Don't forget to stop in your tracks and look up at the milky way.

Tabeak gets a 5 star vote from me and my husband. Totally recommended. Great View:
All bungalows offer a panoramic view of the sea and surrounding Krabi and Phuket islands. On a good day, you can even see Phiphi island. In the night, these islands twinkle in the dark like Christmas lights. You don't even need the fan they have in the room at night because it gets all the breeze from the ocean.

Because it is up on a hill away from the main road, you will not hear any traffic except the cricket symphony that lulls you to sleep. They even have an electric mosquito repellent that works magic in the room. We did not hear a single mozzie in our ear the whole night.

Wonderful Owners:
Tabeak is run by a Thai police officer who patrols the island, with his Japanese wife who cooks a mean Thai meal. This warm, welcoming man tells of wonderful stories of his work adventures, and shares his in-depth eco-knowledge of the island. He speaks good enough english, better than most on the island. He speaks good Berhasa Malayu. He knows a bit of Japanese as well. You'll learn something from this man. His lady always offers a sweet smile and good breakfast in the morning.

We asked him why so cheap?!! He replies simply he is content just to make enough to live a simple life. What more could you want? We really enjoyed our stay.

Good toilet:
It is important for me not to be stressed about having to go to "funny" toilets. The bathroom in the bungalow is well lit, clean and western sitting style. Water flows out of tap and shower head well pressured, not dripping pathetically.

Good food:
Meals are so cheap, and deliciously cooked by the owner's wife.

Island Getaway

by arielky about Yao Yai Beach Resort

I stayed three wonderful weeks in a beach hut at the Koh Yao Yai Resort, swimming with the high tide twice a day, visiting occasionally with other guests, mostly European, beachcombing, reading books leisurely, swinging in a hammock on the beach watching the crabs, and doing some writing. It was a wonderful vacation. I grew tanner and tanner every day until I had a deep tan. I got up every morning to watch the sunrise from the east side of the island color the water and sky and made sure to watch every sunset in the evening.

I often just lolled around near the beach in the warm tropical green water. I could never get over the lovely green color of the sea, even as I was swimming in it. The views of the water were outstanding. We were right on the beach with a huge vista before us. Three dolphins came in close to the beach near the end of my first visit. Every day I saw some different kind of life, a needle-nose electric blue fish in the water, a two-inch green grasshopper, sea hawks circling in thermals overhead, frogs, exotic butterflies, a guppy, schools of tiny fish, crabs still in their shells, crabs everywhere on the beach, a lone shore bird.

The local Thai staff serving in the restaurant and cleaning the rooms were wonderful, always smiling those gentle, lovely smiles.

The sound of tropical birds and monkeys from the coconut trees and jungle backing up the resort made this an unforgettable vacation.

Getting to Koh Yao Noi

by balisunshine

You can hire a long boat
to privately take you to Koh Yao Noi.

Depending on tides and weather,
it may be difficult to schedule to
go there just for the day.

Normally staying overnight is required,
unless you have a contact on the other side
that is willing to bring you back.

Arrangement can be made directly
with the long boat owners or,
you can always pay a visit to Mr.Kean.

Beauty in Simplicity - Koh Yao

by SYMascord

"Amazing People of Thailand"

It wasn't the best time to visit (low season) but we were blessed with sunny days, good enough to cycle round the island and got sunburnt, and to take a boat trip to the nearby islands of Koh Yao.

It wasn't the natural beauty of the place that took our breath away, but the friendliness of the locals and the extent of their welcome that leaves you a sense of loss when you finally have to go.

Koh Yao Yai - A Real Vacation

by arielky

"Getting Away to a Tropical Resort in Thailand"

I just wanted to find a place to stay on my vacation that was on the sea, where I could swim in warm water, and rest and relax. What I found was the Koh Yao Yai Resort on an island an hour's ferry ride from Phuket. It was wonderful.

koh yao noi bungalowkoh yao noi bungalow

koh yao noikoh yao noi

Koh Yao NoiKoh Yao Noi

Biking on Koh Yao NoiBiking on Koh Yao Noi

Koh Lanta or Koh Yao -

by kevinborg

Hi guys, what would you choose between Koh Lanta and Koh Yao? Just to let you know we are after a beautiful island which is more relaxed than Phuket but at the same time not very quiet. Chilling out in the eveings with a beer in hand in a pub with some tourists or Thai around would be ideal. Maybe similar to KoPhangan (not in the full moon party!)or Samui. We already planned anyway to visit Koh Phangan and Samui and even Phuket so we want to discover something and somewhere else.I will be travelling with a friend of mine and ideally this island can serve us also as a good base to discover the island itself and any smaller islands which are nearby during the day..We plan to spend 3nights on this island.Thanks in advance for your help. Please feel free to suggest any other islands other than Koh Lanta or Koh Yao.

Regards,

Kevin

Ko Yao Noi to Krabi?

by Boleslav

Hello,

we are planning to visit Ko Yao Noi for 2 days. We will arrive from Phuket on Ferry, spend a day paddling around and then need to get to Krabi.

What options of transportation to Krabi do we have, including the times and cost?

If the ferry time is not convenient, can we hire a longboat in the late afternoon and what would be the cost for 2 people from Yao Noi to Krabi?

thank you.

by mim95

where in krabi are you heading to? krabi town? ao nang? ko lanta? railey?

by Boleslav

Krabi town

by mim95

i've never done this route myself, but i've heard people taking ferry from phuket town to krabi via phi phi. It seems a troublesome trip as you have to get back to phuket, then take a taxi to another pier to get onto the boat. And have to transfer onto another boat to krabi.

You might want to check out at your hotel to see how much it is to charter a boat to Krabi town.

Another option is to take a taxi from phuket to krabi town.

Holiday for 2 on January 2007

by bobsy25

Hi! Just like to ask for your suggestions. I am planning a trip for my GF and I as it will be our 4th year anniversary this coming January 2007. It's just going to be a 4 days / 3 nights kind of trip.

Which would be the most romantic destination for that month? Im choosing between: Bali, Indonesia or Phuket, Thailand. We are also looking at Palawan, however its really quite expensive to go there than abroad.

Another option is to go to Hong Kong but I cant somehow link the word "romantic" to that place or I may be proven wrong. =)

Oops by the way, budget wise .. im not really looking for a luxurious trip or something extravagant or something really really cheap. Let's just go for something in the middle.

Thanks in advance! =)

RE: Holiday for 2 on January 2007

by Sergeyu

I guess it will be rather raining on Bali around New Year.

In respect of Phuket, I would perefer not teh Phuket istelf,a s it is very crowded, but some nearby islands.

I would recommend basing on pesronal experience either The Paradise Koh Yao hotel www.theparadise.biz,

or Layana resort&spa on Koh Lanta ( to get there it would easier if you fly to Krabi not to Phuket) www.layanaresort.com .

Both are rather romantic, it has been tested :)

Both are fine for short trip.

Budget-wise, not cheap end, but still price I think are pretty atrrcative for what you get.

Bali in general would have more romantic atmosphere as the average service level they provide usually better, but weather... And the coral beaches on Bali are not indeed rather comfortable for swimming, then you're more stucked around the pool.

Comments