3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

198 Pang-Muang, Soi Kor Road, Patong, 83150, Thailand

Agoda.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 65% less but rated 21% lower than other 3.5 star hotels

• Warning! stay away from this one

I booked for two night, but left at the first morning. We checked in around 11pm. The bed sheet r extremely dirty. Hairs and about 4 or 5 big piece of stain on the sheet, so we required a set of clean sheet, but they r still dirty. So we called the reception, and the girl was rude and told us stop being difficult....

So I went down to the desk told her the sheets r actually dirty, here is direct quote from her :" we been open for two years, not brand new, you can not expect sheet to be 100% clean. We only goin to change the sheets twice, if you not happy with it , check out now." that was with yelling at my face. Then this Aussie guy come over and telling me how he booked the hotel paid a few month ahead, when he find out the place is a ***hole, they refuse to refund and he stuck here. I m the 3nd guest he saw in a week that get yelled at.
    so there was nothing we can do at 12 at night. We sleep on the dirty sheets checked out in the morning.

BIG warning for anyone who want to give it a go.

Unique Quality: Dirty

Rude

More about Phuket

Our super yummy pineapply and chocolate pancakeOur super yummy pineapply and chocolate pancake

Maya Bay on Phi Phi LeyMaya Bay on Phi Phi Ley

Duo of Beef 990baht which was Angus Beef and WagyuDuo of Beef 990baht which was Angus Beef and Wagyu

Yellow Pink Red & GreenYellow Pink Red & Green

trip to the phi phi

by Mahbod

we decided to spend one night at phi phi but my wife is pregnant & i think the speed boat is not so suit for him is it possibel for us to find a tour package include ferry boat and 1 night stay or its better to take a ferry boat & then chose my hotel by my self when we arrived (we will be ther on march)

thanks
Mahbod

by explore_discover

Speed boat ride is so bumpy and not good for her. Your plan is correct to take the Ferry.

You can check the fare and pacjages at the website given below

by explore_discover

PS. I gave you the web site just for the reference, its better you book while you are in Phuket, it will be less cost and you will know all details of the package. There are many tour operators in Phuket town and at Patong beach.

by muratkorman

Hi Mahbod,

There are many hotels and guesthouses in Phi Phi, finding one will not be a problem. I suggest you do it seperately rather than taking a package. It will be cheaper that way. Take a look at my Phi Phi and Krabi pages as well as Phuket for getting some ideas.

by Mahbod

thanks for your kindly advises
Mahbod

Travel Tips for Phuket

Motorcycle license in Thailand

by bulldogtwo

An international license will be OK. Usually nobody will check you for license and the renters do not either. A couple of things to be aware of:
Check the bike completely prior to taking it away from the renters for any scratches and damage, if you have a digital camera, take some pics of it and the damage so you wont get tagged for it when you return.
It's always easy and fun to let the road and driving get away from you when you are out. "Be careful" If you get into an accident you are just asking for a lot of trouble with the renters and the police and it will probably be costly. Many parts of Phuket can be really busy with traffic. The open raod with less traffic can actually be more dangerous, people get going too fast with an unfamiliar road and crash. Being a Farang, police sometimes insist you wear your helmet and will fine you when you don't. You have not posted where you are from so I don't know what side of the road you drive on! Be aware of traffic regulations, even when nobody else is!
Aside from all of that, you can see a lot more from a bike and have a lot of fun.
Good luck

Scuba Diving Excursion to Ko Racha Yai

by Rodan44

In May'05, my wife and I took a daytrip scuba diving excursion from Phuket to Ko Racha Yai, a small island to the south. We used South Siam Divers, who offer a 2 dive package for only 1,900 Baht per person. The dive boat was comfortable and the facilities were adequate. Breakfast and lunch were provided. The divers were broken up into small groups and assigned a dive master. Our dive master was Swedish, and he did a good job. Water visibility off Ko Racha Yai was quite good that day, the coral was relatively healthy, and there was plenty of aquatic life to see. On our second dive we saw a wreck of a small boat. Overall a good experience and good value for money. If you own your own gear, then obviously you should bring it. Otherwise, you can rent a full set of gear from them for only 500 Baht. Definitely bring your own mask and snorkel, fins too if you got em. Bring towels. They will provide motion sickness tablets. Lastly, bring an underwater camera!

The company can provide transfers to and from the pier.

Down at the Mall

by Hewer about Central Festival Phuket

Central Festival is a great mall with everything you'd need. It's a good place to get some shopping done, see a movie or escape the rain and heat. I was very impressed with this mall - it certainly exceeds anything I've seen in Japan. My only criticism would be that it is in the middle of nowhere.

A taxi from Patong will cost you 300 baht. Buses also go there for 20 baht. Coming from Phuket town, expect to pay 40-60 baht for a rapjahn. There are about 100 specialty stores on multiple levels as well as restaurants, cinemas, bowling and karaoke. Good place to browse- gotta love the air-con. High end, cheaper than the touristy shops in Patong and Karon. Most of the shops close at 8.

Friday nights at Watermark

by Tina-Perth about Watermark Restaurant

Friday nights are pretty good at the Watermark Restaurant/Bar/Lounge. Happy Hour(s) are 5.00pm - 7.00pm where you get 50 baht Heinekin Beer and two for one cocktails or mixed drinks. There is a Friday night tapas menu, which is great for snacks or a whole meal. Prices are around 125 baht per dish/serve.

If you wish to have a table for the evening, then be sure to arrive early (around 5.00pm). Tables will not be held in reserve on a Friday evening as people can get annoyed that there is an empty table when they want to sit down. There are lounges there, but I prefer to sit at a table as it's easier to eat.

The music is lively and enjoyable. A 10% service charge has been introduced, so be aware of that. I also advise that you check your bill as we've found many errors over the months.

You should also refer to my restaurant tip on Watermark for further information about the food. Casual to dressy, depending on your mood.

must try! fun to drive in phuket

by ilovecs

you must drive to see the real phuket, not just the places the taxi drivers brings you. it gives you the freedom to stop anytime you see something intersting and it is not expensive if you have 3 to 4 people sharing the cost. the jeep i rent is 700 baht per day and driving all day cost for gas is about 400 baht. work out to be around 1100 baht for 4 people to travel.

Comments