Amici Miei Hotel

Agoda.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Phuket

Bangla Road signBangla Road sign

Still more!Still more!

Deep fried cuttlefish with garlic & pepper 90bahtDeep fried cuttlefish with garlic & pepper 90baht

BathroomBathroom

xmas & new years in patong

by branx

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can tell me what goes on for new years eve in patong, do they have street parties, fireworks. Should I book a restaurant for my family to watch the fireworks if there are any? All suggestion on what to do would be appreciated, we are a family of 5 with adult teenagers.
Thanks

Re: xmas & new years in patong

by albaaust

Hi.. New Year's Eve is celebrated in a big way in Phuket. Lots of restaurants have special deals/meals an dlive entertainment!! Depends on whether you want to go to a specific restaurant as to whether or not to book. I would only book when you got there and had a look around!! What hotel are you staying at? They will usually have some special on. We stay at the Holiday Inn and they have a special New Year's Eve buffet. There is usually room so no need to book. They do have fireworks on the beach and many people light lanterns. It is pretty full on with lots of firecrackers etc safety ??? Now that you mention this I will have to post some of my pics on my Phuket page!!

Re: xmas & new years in patong

by TG111

Xmas and NY is the busiest time for the hotels in Phuket. Most of the larger hotels put on some kind of a show for New Years, and some for Christmas. Contact individual hotels within your price range for more details. Yes, there will be fireworks from many of the bigger hotels. If you go somewhere with a good view of one of the more popular beaches (Patong, Kata/Karon or Bang Tao) you will see various firework shows from hotels along the beach. Puravarna has a great view of Patong bay, if you can afford it . . . the teens can go into patong for the nightlife, while the parents can enjoy the view from the hotel :)

TG

Travel Tips for Phuket

Kata Beach - 2003

by phil_uk_net

Mass tourism has arrived in Kata. Gone is the quiet, idyllic beach resort I had memories of and in its place are sunbeds along the entire length of the beach.
This is what is happening in many areas of Thailand.

Toiletries & Medical Supplies

by Cathy&Gary

We dont take any of this with us as its so cheap to buy in shops there, especially the Pharmacies, if you can buy it here then its available there at a fraction of the cost eg, Cafergot (migraine tablets) cost me $26 for 20, in Phuket I can buy 100 for that price.

(Of course I am only talking about general medical items like pain relief, diahorrea tablets, etc)

Diving - Near Phuket

by keeweechic

Near Phuket, on Thailand's west coast from Ranong down to Krabi are a large number of excellent dive sites. However, the area is sometimes tricky and can be difficult during the southwest monsoon from June to November.

Designer Clothing

by Tina-Perth about No. 4

This shop is the 4th clothing shop as you walk up Patong Beach from Holiday Inn. The owners are Thai, which makes for a nice change. They are not pushy or aggressive and will give you a better price than others by far, for the same gear.

They have a room out the back that's airconditioned, with a large selection of gear to choose from for both men and women. Make sure you ask to check that out. This gear really does appear to be the authentic stuff, the quality, linings and tags, even price tags look so genuine, it makes me wonder whether it's the gear you hear about which is out of the same factory as the real deal, just after hours.

There is Abercrombie and Fitch along with another trendy name I can't remember the name of, I'll put it up when I check with my friend who bought the stuff. The gear is mostly vintage look appliqueed t-shirts, jeans, some embroidered ladies shorts and plenty of other trendy gear.

The owners names are Khun Nong and Khun Jess, they are very friendly and pleasant people who will give you the best price.

Photo to come...

renting cars and mini van

by yukisanto

We hired a mini van from our hotel for 1200 baht a full day. rather worth it when you split it among 9 pax. you do need to take control though, if not the driver will just drive you to places where he can earn commission.

i also hired for myself a driver for one day which cost me 1500 baht per car. Averge rate, but for one person, it may be slightly expensive. However since I was alone the first day, this was a good and safe option. Mr Sam picked me up from the airport and brought me around the island showing me the different local places and some toursit attractions which i wanted to go. thanks to him, I had a complete understanding of the real side of phuket and not its image as just a resort. really recommend him. I contacted him before I went.

His no is +66 846 309 334. His email.. can't rem offhand, but if you PM me, I'll tell you.

Comments