Anchan Resort and Spa Phuket

325 Moo 2, T. Cherngthalae, (formerly Tonsai Retreat), Bangthao Beach, , Phuket, 83110, Thailand
Anchan Resort and Spa
Agoda.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Anchan Resort and Spa Phuket

More shopsMore shops

More creativity from meMore creativity from me

Baan Suan LayanBaan Suan Layan

BedroomBedroom

Phuket

by PamRay

Ooops, posted my question in World instead of Phuket, we are after reasonably priced accommodation in December at Bang Tao Beach

by Tina-Perth

With the economy of Thailand looking very weak for the coming year, I'd be holding off on making bookings, if I were you.

by punim29

Hi Anchan Resort & Spa Phuket this beautiful boutique style resort. The beach is 10 min walk. If you´re looking for a small and quiet place, this is it!

by PamRay

Thanks for your reply, we found a great deal at the Allamanda Laguna, 10 nights for the price of 5, so we have now booked in there.

by Tina-Perth

Have a great trip!

Travel Tips for Phuket

Those suit salesman!!!

by Snipernurse

Ok so those suit salesman are pretty annoying. They constantly harass you, they are insistent on getting your attention. You can't be at all assured as to the quality of the suit you may receive so even if you want to buy a suit you have to do so nervously. I would say the suit salesman in Bangkok are more obnoxious because of the tricks they play by involving the tuk tuk drivers into their games. However in my four days in Phuket, and after two days of telling the same damn suit salesman "NO FREAKING SUITS!" he finally let down his salesman gaurd and he and I got to talking. I learned that a lot of these gentleman come from Nepal to Thailand, where they can make instead of like 1$ a day, they can make 5$ or so. A lot come from very poor areas of countries like Nepal and are trying to make a better life for themselves in this world. I acknowledged that their sales tactics are more acceptable in their cultural backgrounds as opposed to mine. Regardless of how much more human these men became to me it was still not easy to not get irritated with their antics. But I thought I'd tell you this story so you may have that perspective when you have to go deal with them first hand.

I found that it was very fun to take picture of all the suit salesman as it caught them very much off gaurd and they seemed to stop harassing me to buy a suit afterwards.

Golfing in Phuket--try Blue Canyon

by Sammyfloyd

I played the Laguna Phuket Golf Club (within the Laguna complex) and the Blue Canyon Lakes course. My suggestion is don't waste your money at the Laguna. The Blue Canyon course is much better. The Lakes course is beautiful even though the Canyon course is more famous (and twice as expensive!). Look for package deals from Blue Canyon itself or from your hotel. Also, you can play an additional 9 holes at twilight rate which is fantastic value. Ask the pro shop.

Lots of Shopping!

by hennanights about Patong Markets

If you love shopping then Patong markets are for you. A large variety of items. Shoes, clothes, souvenirs, plus all those reflexology, hair braid, massage and food stalls. Best buys for us were silk table embroidered cloths for around $30AU. Shoes at around $20. Really cheap clothes for the kids but nothing for me as I'm on the heavy side. You need to bargain and if you make the effort to learn a little Thia its well worth it. I was only paying 1/2 of what other people were once my husband (my language skills are very poor) switched to Thia.

A bar for Harley Davidson ppl and not HD ppl

by ruffen about Easy Rider, Kata

This is the place to go to if you like heavy metal and heavy rock.
It's not my kind of music, but I don't mind listen to it now and then. And I always feel safe at these kind of places. Nobody tryes to get nasty - there are way too many big guys in black and leather there:-))

The bands playing while I was there was good, not too extreem for me. "Smily" the singer was partying togeter with us at some discos and "normal" bars too.
Even some sweeds, rockers on vacation, was allowed to play there.

(I was there -97) Black, black, black, leather, leather..... nah!
Come as you are. But think if you are too dressed up you will feel a bit out.

Zoom around!

by hennanights

Tuc Tucs are the best way to get around the island. They are very cheap and you shouldn't be afraid to bargain. If you hit on a driver you like them ask them to come again the next day. Tuc Tuc drivers make excellent tour guides. We were there during school holidays and our driver had his little 5 year old. He was so sweet. We paid both for of them to come in with us at Aquarium. The driver acted as a translated when need, told us stories of what it was like growing up in Phuket and it was lovely to see his son get so excited about feeding the fishes. At Lunch time he said he would take us somewhere special. We thought we were going somewhere very exotic. Instead he took us to a large mall. It actually was a great experience. We didn't see any other tourist just Thia people doing there shopping, lots of teenagers hanging out and lots of everyday activities. After a week of beach hawkers, roadside stalls and Indian tailors, it was quite a contrast.

Comments