Arimana Hotel

64/1 Nanai Road, Kathu, Patong beach, Patong beach (Phuket), 83150, Patong Beach, Patong, 83150, Tha
Arimana Hotel
Agoda.com Priceline.com Asiatravel.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Phuket

Getting ready......Getting ready......

Lovely pool and surroundingsLovely pool and surroundings

Phuket's three main beachesPhuket's three main beaches

Phuket monkey schoolPhuket monkey school

Band for my wedding

by kc83

Hi All! I am getting married in Phuket in December and I am looking for a good band. I have done a search on the internet and there is not much that comes up. Can anyone recommend a band that we are able to get in touch with prior to going to Phuket??

by adamking

there are so so many pubs and bars in phuket...so definetely there are going to be bands.....u can get those bargirls to join in the band..makes it more fun to watch..:)

by SirHalberd

Maybe you have to broaden your question, try this Expat forum for Phuket. Perhaps someone in that city has used a band for their wedding or party function.

Thai Visa Forum.

Good luck.

by NinaPhuket

I live in Phuket 8 years I know good 2-3 bands for playing special events, ceremony opening events and wedding, etc. I often invite them to play for my events. The one of them in musician friends social I can support you for asking them. What is the wedding date in Dec.? Where is your wedding place?

For more inquiry example: professional photographer or other services you can ask me email nina.th@hotmail.com I 'm welcome to help you...Phuket is the best place for wedding.

by Tina-Perth

There are loads of great Philippino bands around Phuket. I found this site, it may help you, but if you are a member of facebook, there are a few people I could introduce you to that may be able to help you, or I could ask on your behalf if you give me some details.

And this; http://www.reverbnation.com/niceandeasyband

Travel Tips for Phuket

Booking local Islands tours

by bkarjee

We were very impressed by the personalized travel and sightseeing service provided by Ms Sarunya of Carolina Travels at Patong Beach. We booked following tours and show tickets through and I was very satisfied by her services.
1. Phi Phi Island Tour
2. Fantasea Seat Reservation.
The Phi Phi tour by speed bost costed us THB 1500 Per person and this package included pick up and drop off from/to the hotel, lunch, drinks along the way . Our daughter who is three yrs old was not charged.
Carolina Travels is located very close to the Banana Disco, next to Patong Beach Resort. The e mail address is carolinatour@yahoo.com The excellant serivces provided by Carolina Travels

Eating Chillies

by Tina-Perth

It may surprise you to know that although the majority of Thai cuisine contains chillies, they were introduced to Thailand by the Portuguese and Spanish traders in the 17th century after taking it to Europe, Africa and Asia.

The Thais embraced chillies and took them as their own. They are known as “phrik” or “prik” in Thai. So, any dish you see with "phrik" in it, means it's hot. It has become such a tradition and so deeply entrenched in Thai culture that there is a Thai saying; “phrik kheu thai, thai kheu phrik”, which means “chilli is Thai, Thai is chilli”.

Thai people always had a love of hot, spicy food, but the heat in their food was based on black or green (young) peppercorns. Pepper is still widely used in Thailand, but the chilli has supplanted it as the main spice ingredient in Thai cuisine.

Chillies are very high in Vitamin C, A, B1-3 and E and have anti-bacterial properties which help fight bacteria in foods that are borderline unsafe to eat. Chillies contain the chemical capsaicin which is found mainly on the seeds and white pith. This fools the body into feeling pain, which then stimulates the release of endorphins. Chillies also stimulate your metabolism for at least 15 minutes after consumption. Only mammals have this response to chilli.

My advice is that if you have eaten some chilli which is uncomfortably hot, do not drink any cold drinks. The thing that works best for me is to eat some rice or other plain food, but I can eat more chilli than most of my Thai friends. I don't seem to have as many pain receptors to it. : )

Finding the real Thai People

by DONBURGESS

One good thing to do is hire a motor bike or Jeep and get away from the main towns, head along the coast away from PATONG and explore, drive down small roads, back lane ways roads you things there's nothign down there, go you will be amazed at what you will find. There are some wonderfull beaches to be found, small fishing villages and you can met the real Thai person not the ones that live and breathe the tourist trade. We found on our travels some realy great spots that we would never had seen if we stayed on the beaten track. The island is pretty big and its a wonderfull place so get out there and find your own piece of it.

Tailor

by junecorlett about John International Tailor

Tailor made suits for both men and women. Shirts - trousers - silk ladies suits or dresses
Choose your fabric and style, then you will be measured.
Return 24 hrs later for your fisrt fitting.

Your garments will be ready for collection the next day. Will also be delivered to your hotel if necessary. Suits ladies and mens.
Shirts
Dresses, blouses, jackets etc 2 ladies trousers Deposit 1000TB.
Total price 2200TB

Mens suit with waistcoat, 1 shirt (good quality) and one tie. Total cost 5500TB

LIVE MUSIC BAR

by trevndebs about ROCK CITY

Excellent live music venue situated along the beach road before you get to busiest part of Patong.
Live bands come on stage at 10pm, before that, it's big screens with either rock videos or live sports.
Happy hour cocktails are 2 for 1 from 9 to 10pm and they sell Strongbow Cider!
They have a selection of souvenir goodies for sale inside, t shirts, glasses hats etc.
If the music is too loud for you inside, there is an outside bar available.

They have an awesome sculpture guarding the door, check it out! HaHa, it's Patong.. are you kidding??

Comments