Aspasia

1/3 Laem Sai Road, Kata Beach, Karon Sub-District, Muang, , Phuket, 83100, Thailand
The Aspasia Phuket
Agoda.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Aspasia

Phuket

by jenaikes

"Our Hotel"

We decided on Phuket to go as we felt Singaporeans were avoiding going there after the Tsunami. So we went to spread some joy there.

We chose the Aspasia Phuket Resort because we got an incredible price for a huge room with full en-suite facilities. A large balcony with great view & a bathroom which had an open concept Rain shower, a round jacuzzi built for 2! We were sold : ) If you're interesed, go to www.aspasiaphuket.com

Had a fantastic time there.

"The jacuzzi which we miss a lot"

I'm a huge lover of the jacuzzi. We used it every day and still think about it now. If not for the fact that Singapore apartments are so tiny, we'd have one built in out home : )

"Our Thai dinner on the balcony"

A 5-course dinner was given as part of the Honeymoon package. We opted to have it on the final night of our 4-day trip. When they came up to show us the menu, Aikes wanted one set and I wanted the other. We asked if we could each choose different ones. They were very obliging so we ended up with a yummy 10-course dinner!

Squid in fried chili paste 120bahtSquid in fried chili paste 120baht

Shopfront of Takashi TokyoShopfront of Takashi Tokyo

Maya BayMaya Bay

4 jet-ski's on the water4 jet-ski's on the water

Budget Hotel around USD 50 per night

by Peppe1

Hello

I'll be at Phuket from 19-22 Feb and hopes to find affordable and clean hotel within 10 mins walking distance to the main area in Patong. As I'll be travelling with elderly, can you please advise if the following hotels are good with lift access? Are they within 10 mins walking distance to Jungceylon Mall?

- The Oddy
- Hotel Sole
- The Beach Box Hotel
- At Home (rave reviews but seems far)
- Amata Resort (very close to Jungceylon Mall)

My fav pick based on the look is 1) Beach Box, 2) The Oddy but there aren't any reviews for them. Are these hotel new? Any comments on any of the above hotels are appreciated.

There are many good reviews for At Home but is it very far from the main area in Patong? Or any good recommedations on other hotels within my price range? Happy to increase a little but I rather spend more on trips and food.. especially I'll be paying for all the expenses (we are a group of 6) so it will eventually adds up! :)

Oh, and any driver with mini van to recommend for a day? How much does it cost and where are some good places to do some sightseeing? I plan to take a day tour to do a phi phi island tour and hire a van for a day to drive around.

Many thanks in advance!

by georeiser

Hi,
Have you been in Phuket before..? Just wondering because travelling with elderly and live in Patong could be a culture shock for them. I may tease somebody with this statement - But the beach area, streets and nightlife in Patong does not attract elderly people. Patong was nice 10 years ago. Why not staying in Karon or Kata, and then take a cheap Tuk-Tuk to Patong when you want to see the crazy nightlife or do the shopping? For hotels and prices, check out phuket.sawadee.com
Tour-, Sightseeing- and boat operators are located along the streets. You can't miss it. Traders also walk along the beach to get new customers. I took Phuket Island Hopper to some small islands inside the bay of Phuket.
Have a nice holiday. Phuket and Thailand is great!

by tanguero45

Hey there,

I was in Phuket a few years ago and stayed at a place in the street over from Bangla called the Royal Pawadi (?) Hotel. It was a phenomenal hotel and great place to stay, close to the beach (literally down the street) and 1 street over from Bangla, but still quiet. I hope it's still there. Hope that helps!

by tanguero45

Let me revise my previous post, the name of the hotel is the Royal Phawadee Village (we stayed there a few years ago)! I would highly recommend this place, it felt like we were staying in a secluded forest retreat while it was only a block from the beach and Bangla. So there you have it. Enjoy your trip!

Travel Tips for Phuket

Sea Gypsies "Laem Tuk-Kae"

by yeikloen

Heard from a girl in the Abalone Restaurant, that not to call the town as Leam Tuk-Kae as they local do not like to relate themselves to this name, I think it means gecko. Heard they can be offended if they hear you calling them that.

Phuket Shooting Range

by shane_02

REAL RIFLES AND LASER GUIDED PISTOL!!!

Yes, that is one of the range of guns you can choose at Phuket Shooting Range.

It's fun and it's a real gun. But the sound is really deafening.

If i rememeber correctly, 780baht for one round of 10 bullets.

Tesco Lotus

by catkin about Tesco Lotus

I was really surprised to see a Tesco supermarket here on Phuket-we had to go and have a look to see if it was the same as home.
To our delight it was, and we made full use of it stocking up with snacks and drinks for our afternoon sessions on our balcony.
There is a good selection of just about everything here-we especially liked the wine selection, which was probably about the same price as the UK.
We particularly found the Thai rum at around 120baht a bottle, went down really well with a splash of coke.

Patong Nightlife

by LotusV8 about Clubs, bars, go go

Just walking on the streets is enough, women everywhere hangin on western midaged men - patetic!
But I´m happy that I´ve seen this mess.
The bars and restaurants are quite nice, the best food are served here. Dont look to fancy, locals believe that You are a millionare and try even harder to sell whatever.

Comments