4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 21% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• NordMann-e's Profile Photo

Very nice and quiet hotel at the Patong Beach

My wife and I spent our 2 weeks spring vacation in March in Phuket at the Patong Beach and had a double room with sea view in Avantika Boutique hotel. It was easy to arrive to hotel from airport with taxi which hotel had arranged and taxi driver was very helpful and entertaining, hotel receptionist was very polite and conducted us to our room. Which was nice and large enough to our needs. We experienced us very welcome. The hotel is located at the south end of Patong Beach and just over the Thaweewong road from the sea. It's far enough from Bangla road which is the center of (loud and noisy) night life, but closed enough to walk to the city. We are a couple in our late fifties and not so enthusiastic to stay up very late. In this quiet hotel we could sleep well every night while we stayed there (though our room was at street side of building!). Someone could say that beds are hard, but for us they were good. Breakfast in room price served in restaurant was pretty usual; buffet with bread, jogurt, muesli, warm pancakes and rice, fruits and juices. Also could order eggs, omelet, sausages or bacon etc. Hotel has a small pool, but we preferred sea. All the staff were very nice, polite and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay there and recommend it everybody who's looking for nice and quiet hotel at Patong Beach.

More about Avantika Boutique Hotel

The market in Phuket Town 5The market in Phuket Town 5

Lots of stuffLots of stuff

The Grand PagodaThe Grand Pagoda

The new car, seats 7.The new car, seats 7.

Help in choosing hotel for honeymoon in phuket

by mkbonline

Hi Everybody.

I have shortlisted following ocean view resorts for my honeymoon in March 2009.

Basically I am looking for ocean-view rooms.Budget is not more than 5000 Baht per night.I will be in Phuket from 1st March to 5th March.

Amari Coral
Centara Villas Phuket

Phuket experts any advise on choosing one of the three?

Also I will be flying from BKK to Phuket.Would be nice if I can get a package with return airport transfer, some spa treatment, phi-phi island tour and other popular attractions in and around Phuket.

Thanks for your Help.

Manish

by Krisinthailand

Stayed in Centara Villas in November 2008 and they were great! We had a pool villa with nice view of ocean. Very private (we even skinny dipped). Price was 6500 a night, but they may have better deals in March. You can request a van to pick you up at the airport, and they have packages there for day trips out snorkling or whatever.

by Ronario

Centara Villas are good for a honeymoon, you have to walk down to the beach, great views.

by Ronario

Travel Tips for Phuket

Dec weather on Phuket

by bulldogtwo

The tourist season will be getting into full swing by December and Phuket will be busy. Some beaches will be busier than others on Phuket, we kind of like Kata Noi, because, like it's name it is smaller than the others and usually less crowded.
The weather will be good, rainy season is over short of an occasional rain shower. Weather should not be an issue. It's be nice.
Should you be there over the Christmas and New Year season expect to pay "compulsary rates" for those two days, prices can double or triple.
Have fun

Muay Thai

by stiab3

Muay Thai or thai kickboxing is very popular in Phuket. There are about 2 or 3 places in Patong Beach alone where you can see fights. It's great fun and on a typical night you can see fighters as young as 8 years old all the way up to the professionals. And if you like a flutter, it'll make the event even more interesting . . . If you actually want to participate, there are places where you can do that too . . . no special gear needed.

A good Tailor

by slasty about Hilfiger Fashons

With some many tailors in Phuket it is hard to find a good one. Alot of them are pushy and rude. This tailor located in the driveway to Banthai Beach Resort is very good. They are friendly and never push you to buy anything. We stayed at the Resort twice before we actually got anything made and the reason we went there was they never hassled us but always said hello. They make suits, business shirts, blouses and dresses. I have got a number of items of clothing made and they have been excellent quality and reasonably priced. It will all depend on the fabric but always barter them down a little as there is a bit of room to move with the price.

People watching spot

by danielinnz about Reo

Nice bar/club, friendly staff and being on the corner of two busy roads a great place to sit outside and watch "the world" go by. Free internet access inside plus pool tables and dance floor. More dancing upstairs I think but didn't venture up there. Shorts and tshirts

Kuala Lumpur to Phuket

by hash09

I leave from K.L sentral (Trains Main point) to Hat Yai at 8.15pm, The journey takes about 13hours, night train wont feel the long journey as the train are moving while you are sleeping. The next day i realised that the sun raise and i can see the padi feld along the way.

From train station i try to get a taxi to a bus station, but i got a motobike taxi, i was asking to get me to the bus station, but he bring me to a travel agency, then i thought is this their bus station ? i wanted to laugh but i can't. I get a ticket to phuket at 12.30noon at THB700 which i think its expensive, that is non-sense for the such price, then they make noise about the oil prices has been raise up, so i just pay the ticket. The journey takes about 7hours. I met an indonesian group, I had a conversation them and they ask me how much i pay for the mini bus, i told them i paid at THB700, straight she open her mouth with a shock face, then she told me that, they pay only at THB350 p/p, suddently i feel soo hot, the hot whether outside doesn't make me feel hot, but the bus price did. I really angry because others paid half less from what i've paid. (travel agency really cut my neck).

From phuket town I share the taxi with indonesian girls to patong beach with cost THB350 for 6 people, it not worth it for me, as i pay a mini bus at such a higher price and another taxi with another price.

Patong area has many type of taxies eg: motobike taxi, cost at THB20 to go, a tuc tuc cost at THB100 to any places you wanted, bike renting much more convenient, im not sure about the cost of renting.

From phuket to Hat Yai, get a bus with air-cond at phuket bus station, the journey will takes about 8hours with cost THB346, well i learn from my experience. i dont want to to deal with travel agency anymore.

Ticket to Kuala Lumpur cost only at THB400, if they said they finished the ticket, you can get to Hat Yai Down Town to get a bus, just ask a motobike taxi or tuc tuc to bring you to Holiday tour agency, because they have ticket at 6pm to KL.

Comments