106/52 Moo3, Surin Beach, Cherngtalay, Talang, , Phuket, 83110, Thailand
Agoda.com Expedia.com Asiatravel.com

More about Benyada Lodge

The market in Phuket Town 4 Dried ShrimpsThe market in Phuket Town 4 Dried Shrimps

Positioning the bootyPositioning the booty

Me in front of the templeMe in front of the temple

Thai ChilliesThai Chillies

Nice quaint accomodation near Laguna

by coanne

Hi, I am travelling to Phuket to attend a friend's wedding at Laguna. Just wondering if there is any affo rdable resort near it. A nice, quaint resort would be awesome! Please share and thanks!

by coanne

I have just seen the website of Benyada Lodge Resort on Surin Beach and it looks fabulous. Anyone stayed here before? Please share your reviews....the only thing I can't seem to find is its exact location...I hope it is within walking distance to the beach.

by coanne

If anyone knows of a nice boutique resort available in Patong, that would be appreciated too!

by shane_02

well, i guess i maybe be able to help you. u can consider adding me to your msn and i can give you some advice. alternatively, u may view my phuket page as there are many hotels i have put up from my many trips there.

msn tanjk02@hotmail.com

by LeeLikesPhuket

You haven't mentioned what "affordable" is to you - so we will guess more modestly in the price range . . .

For a good review of the BangTao Beach/Laguna area take a look at www.PhuketGoldCoast.com - it is a great area.

Benyada Lodge as mentioned above is a great choice. Surin Beach is only about 10 minutes from Laguna - if you drive slowly. Andaman Bay Resort on Bang Tao Beach is another good option - easy to walk from there to Laguna. Bang Tao Beach Chalet would be another good option - and Amora Beach Resort might be the best option - even closer than the others and probably cheaper - but still quite a nice place. PhuketGoldCoast.com will have info on those resorts as well.

by coanne

oops, sorry....wasn't specific enough. affordable would be something like USD60 - 70 per night for 2 girls. on 2nd thoughts, we have decided to stay put in patong as it is in the heart of action! that would be easier for us to move around.... hence, we are looking for budget accomodation now, where it is clean, safe and not at some dark corners (it's 2 females travelling and unfortunately, our sense of direction ain't that fantastic hahaha!)

Travel Tips for Phuket

A Long Weekend in Phuket

by keeweechic

Phuket was to have been a nice relaxing 4 days away with a friend before packing up from living in Singapore. Unfortunately because of work committments at the last minute, I had to go by myself. The hotel that we had chosen was wonderful and private but more conducive to couples - there were heaps of Spanish honeymooners when I was there. However that did not deter me jumping on the hotel shuttle into Phuket town and finding myself a tuktuk to take me around. He drove me over to Patong Beach and then insisted on hanging around to take me wherever I wanted to go. I told him that I would probably be several hours this particular day but that didn't worry him. I kept seeing him bob up here and there, ready to coming running with his tuktuk when I was ready.
. The people were all very friendly. There is a certain warmness that the Thai people have that makes you feel welcome. Shopping for all the copy watches, t'shirts, bags etc was rather fun and considerably cheaper than the fake ones in Singapore. Cruising around Phang Nga Bay was just so amazingly beautiful.

Scuba Diving

by scubaphoto

Visibility is very good 20-25 metres. Most of the dive sites are in shallow waters and boat journey times are short. Sea life is rich although we didn't come across many big fish during our dives. Some good wrecks but you will need to be a proficient diver at depth to maximise your bottom time. No real need to bring your own gear, i usually just travel with my own mask, snorkel, knife and fins and rent the rest of the gear when on a backpacking trip.

Shops anywhere in Phuket

by hash09 about Patong Area

I dont have a specific places for shopping or any specific shop to shopping, because to me, everywhere you walk, or any shops that you see, they have so many thing to offer, it can make you eyes spinning just to see all the item that they sell... it all beautiful and nice to have. The only thing that you have to know is how to bargain.

Basically this patong area is a paradise for some tourist, and it is a tourist attraction, so the seller will put up the higher price for all the item that they are selling. If they can put you the higher price, and you also can put your own price for the thing you want, if they don't like for the price you given them, just tell them, you can get a better price at other places, mostly this places are easy to bargain for the price, because there are not one shop sell the item that you want, there are so many places or shops sell the same item with different prices.... i don't like to shop here, it to expensive rather than in Koh samui or at petaling street in malaysia, petaling street even cheaper than what i got from here, not to complaint but that the fact, maybe i don't like to hear they talk a lots about their cost, that why i don't know how to bargain, pitty on them.... maybe that the reason. Speacial item is a.... eeemm, well, you can get expensive brand with cheap price, because it is from cheap material... hehehe

Happy shopping all !!

Fantastic Cultural Show

by dave&jen about Phuket Fantasea

The Cultural Theme Park best seen at nighttime. Actually, this park opens at nighttime.
Come and see the number 1 entertainment in all of Phuket...
Fun, games, epics, costumes, live elephants in the show... spectacular light effects...
Great dinner at the Golder Kinnaree restaurant! Fine souvenir shops abound...
It's a must-see place here in Phuket....
Don't miss it!!!!! Come as what you are comfortable in... Casual...

Long-tail boat

by Loops

We wanted to go to Koh Heh for the day (or Coral Island as it is more commonly known). It is situated a few kilometers off the coast of Phuket (on the south east side). We went to Chalong Pier to have a look at the prices of getting a boat over there and met a man touting for business for his son who had a long-tail boat. He offered to take us over there the following day.

We paid around 1,500 bht for 4 of us (which I think was a bit on the more expensive side - you could probably haggle and get the price down), but it was our boat for the day. He took us over there and stayed on the island until we wanted to go back.

My tip for anyone travelling on a long-tail, is to pack things in plastic bags inside your rucksack as the waves can wash over the side - and wear clothes/shoes you don't mind getting wet. Our children thought it was great fun because we all got soaked - and it was......much better than going on a normal boat over there.

Comments