Boomerang Village Cottages

patak road 9/11-13, soi 10, Kata, 83100, Thailand

Agoda.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• Kitty82's Profile Photo

Boomerang Village Resort

We stayed at Boomerang for 6 nights and could not have asked for anything more. The service of the staff there was fantastic and they made you feel right at home. The location is a bit back from the beach - about a 15 min walk to Kata beach - the hotel has a free shuttle service there as well. The hotel is close to many restaurants and bars. The hill is not that bad - we were worried as we heard many people complaining of it but it is seriously a 1-2 minute walk too the top. Will come back!

Book a deluxe room over superior, better bathroom, views, higher ceiling for air circulation.

Unique Quality: Great Pool and Rooms

More about Boomerang Village Cottages

Boomerang Village Cottages : the Paradise is not so far!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member descerif

Boomerang Village Cottages offers you all what you need for a perfect holiday: hospitality and professionalism, stunning rooms in a spectacular tropical garden with very tasteful water features where you can stay in perfect relax away from the crowd.
The resort, located in Kata hill, is near from Kata Beach, you can also rent a scooter or a car thru the resort at a very good price.
The rooms are very clean, with air-conditioning, shower, TV, mini-bar, safe box and outside terrace.
A tasty buffet breakfast, served from 8am to 1 pm in the thai style pagoda, is included in the room price.
I booked directly by email and I required a trasportation service from the airport which was very efficient and cheaper than hiring a taxi.

....and with the swimming pool, that is coming soon, Boomerang Village Cottage will be what you now can only dream: a place similar to the paradise.

Thanks for all to the owners and the staff and see you soon...sure!!!

Mauro

Superb!

by TripAdvisor Member michielverheul

Last week we'd stayed at Boomerang Village. We only can say that is was superb! Our cottage was really good and even more beautifull than it was on their website. The welcome was also very good, with a good transfer, a nice cold drink by arriving the village and good explanation about the hotel.

It's nice to know that the breakfast is served till 1 PM, no hurry in the morning! The staff and employees are all very nice. We've ate several times at boomerang's restaurant, delicious! Also the real italian cappucinno! The music in the restaurant is very relaxing!

It is a 15 minutes walk to the sea but we hired a scooter from the village for a small price. Nice way to discover the whole island by these scooters.

Unfortunately the swimming pool is under construction, but almost finished. For us it was the best hotel during our world trip.

We would like to thank all the staff and employees from the Boomerang Village for their amazing hospitality!

Great place in Kata

by TripAdvisor Member joniec

We spent a wornderful 11 days in this cosy resort. Greatly situated far away from the downtown noise, yet close enough for a nice 10 minute walk to the beach.

The rooms are clean and spacious with a great view of the town and distant sea through very large windows. Each has a small porch where you can enjoy the sunset. There is a nice garden, full of tropical plants, water spots and cascades. The restaurant offers both local and italian food. The breakfast is tasty, with a lot of fruit and delicious Italian coffee.

The hotel is ran by three Intalins who are always very helpful to arrange trips, motor bikes and anything you wish for.

Anyway, Paolo x2, Orpheo and all the team, thank you for all efforts, we enjoyed it!!!

Great View, Romantic Rooms

by TripAdvisor Member RitaandPedro

We've stayed at the Boomerang on the end of April.

The booking was made directly by e-mail and we've requested a trasportation service from the airport which was very efficient and cheaper than hiring a taxi.

The hotel is located in a hill on Kata area. It is a little far from the beach. Around 20 minutes walking, and on the way back you have to climb that hill.

The set of the hotel is great. Very romantic gardens, views, and rooms.

The staff couldn't be better. Paolo helped us with everything we needed.

We've hired a motorbike on the hotel, that helped us a lot moving around Phuket Island. There is a gas station nearby, and this is the cheapest way to get to know Phuket.

Stunning location

by TripAdvisor Member all_sparks

I stayed at in a superior bungalow from May 28 to May 31. I booked online by clicking on the check rates button on this site. From there I was contacted directly by the owners by email. I agree with other reviewers that the airport transfer they arranged was convenient - 800 baht(1 hour drive). This is added to your bill at the end of the stay, so you don't have to worry about it. Most of the taxi drivers will try and get you to pay 1000 baht.

On arrival my bags were taken to my bungalow for me. I was offered a welcome drink and fresh flower lei. I was shown around and given a briefing on the services available.

The bungalow I had was absolutely stunning. The bungalow was beautifully decorated and the surrounded by beautiful landscaping. It's definitely a steep climb uphill, but worth it for the view. It looks exactly like the pictures on the site and ones posted by other travellers.

Breakfast was included. There were croissants, yogurt, fruit, bread, cheese, cold cuts, tea, coffee provided buffet style. It's great that it's available from 8am - 1pm if you're hanging around the resort. I had dives/surfing lessons booked early in the morning and gone the whole day, so this didn't really work for me.

The swimming pool was still under construction while I was there. I'm sure it will be a great addition once it's completed.
Especially for those who find the 20 minute walk to the beach to far. Of course, they still offer the bikes and have scooter rentals.

I had originally intended to stay here for five nights, but ended up leaving early because I was bitten twice by one of the local dogs at the bottom of hill(probably same ones that AandAuk mentioned in their review). Every morning when I would walk down past the house at the bottom of the hill, a number of dogs would bark at me...ranging from mini-poodles to mid size mix breeds. The dogs would follow me until I passed the house. There was one dog that would bite my ankle and run away. I didn't think anything of it the first time as it didn't really hurt. The second time the dog left a bruise. I figured out that he would leave me alone if I walked on the other side of the road away from the house, but I just couldn't deal with it anymore, so I left.

The owner was disappointed when I told him this was the reason I was leaving. He said that he has asked the owner of the dogs several times to do something about the dogs. In future, the owner hopes to have some kind of shuttle service for the guests to get them from the resort to the beach. I'm sure guests who rented scooters managed to avoid this problem.

I agree with AandAuk, that this problem does not reflect the quality of the hotel. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone afraid of dogs, as it could be a traumatic experience.

The location is spectacular and perfect if you like being away from the crowds, want to relax in a tropical setting. It's definitely worth a try, just make sure that construction is done if you're bothered by that kind of noise.

Was not found of the lizards.

by TripAdvisor Member thechenhen

This place was alright for the price. It is definitely not a 4 or 5 star hotel though. It was cute because it was up in the mountains and you get your own little cottage. However, there were lizards that ran around on the walls at night, which personally kind of scared me. It didn't really include many amenities. Again, it was okay for the price, but I don't think I would stay there again. After driving around Phuket, there seemed to be many other hotels I would like to try.

Fantastic for honeymooners

by TripAdvisor Member JandCW

These bungalows are fantastic. Upon arrival our bags were taken to our rooms whilst we were given some information and a welcome drink (as well as a bottle of mosquito repellant). Whether there weren't many mosquitoes or whether the repellent was really good, I'm not sure but neither of us got bitten, and we were expecting the mozzies to eat us alive as there was so much tropical greenery and water features.

The bungalows are great, and it's lovely to have your own separate bungalow (especially for honeymooners like ourselves). The 3 Italian owners were great from start to finish, so thanks guys. We had initially only planned on staying for a night or 2 but in the end we stopped 5 nights and used it as a base to explore Phuket as it was so nice and such good value.

Though a pool was being built we found that this did not disturb us in the least. The bar was excellent -really chilled out and comfortable, and the whole place in finished to an exceptionally high standard.

I must agree with the previous review in that the dogs at the bottom of the hill are a real pain. I love dogs normally, but these dogs were intent on trying to bite, and my wife felt threatened by them. Shouting at them seemed to keep them at bay, but they would have got a boot had they bitten either of us! But don't let this put you off!

Breakfast was nice-available til 1pm which is great if you've had a heavy night. My wife and I would certainly stay here again. On the last night we didn't return until late, and we wanted to settle our bill. Orpheo (one of the owners) allowed us to pay the balance in sterling as we didn't have chance to go to the bank, and the system had been closed down so it was too late to pay by credit card. We are very grateful for that.

I would also recommend doing a couple of trips (which the hotel can sort out) -especially the Phi Phi trip which we loved. The elephant trekking was also superb.

All in all an excellent experience which we would both love to repeat one day

Great introduction to Phuket

by TripAdvisor Member Serendipit3

I booked one of the bungalows for one night and then one of the cottages for 2 nights, with the hope that one of my old girlfriends would be able to meet me for 2 days. She couldn^t make it, and in pity the management upgraded me to a cottage for all 3 nights. It was a nice personal gesture, which you can expect from the hotel. I think they also felt it was only fair since I was eating breakfast for one instead of two (the food is excellent - I strongly recommend the cappuccino).
The staff are friendly and professional. It is a small hotel so many of the staff take on multiple duties, yet seem to have no problem doing them efficiently. The office staff (Thai and Italian, but speak English extremely well) were amazingly patient about giving me travelling advice.
I would strongly recommend this hotel for couples who are looking for ambience, but I should also say that while I was there a swimming pool was being built (to be finished by September/08, I think) and this will help to satisfy those would like to see more facilities.
I am never the easiest guest to please, but in this case the hotel staff were so wonderful that I left worrying that they would not remember me as well as I would remember them.

We had a wonderful time!

by TripAdvisor Member JanandIsa

Although we have used tripadvisor several times before to sort out which Hotel to book, we have never written a review before. So this means a lot itself :-)
During our travel in Southeastasia we stayed at many different Hotels, but we agree that the Boomerang was our favourite one.
As written in several other reviews already, the three Italians and off course the complete staffs gave as warm welcome and have been really caring for the time of our stay. They try to do anything to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
I would say it is rare that the room and the hotel resort look like on the picture of the hotels homepage, but the rooms really do exactly like on the homepage and I would even go so far and say the resort even looks better  With the plants and flowers along the way and around the cottages it is really easy to relax and enjoy the views.
Restaurant and breakfast buffet is really good as well. The walk to the beach takes about 15 minutes. We were asked if we have had any problems with dogs while walking to the beach, which we haven’t. One guest obviously complained about the dogs that were barking when he passed a house on the way to the beach. Besides it is none of Boomerangs business as, we haven’t had any problems with them.

Nice Place But They Have Not Idea How To Work

by TripAdvisor Member markLondon1977

We were there for 1 week (me and my girlfriend). It was a nice place yet but people working there( and I discovered later are the owners) although smiling really do not care about guests. They were just counting money and how to learn more. Booked two escusrions through them and realized they take a high commision just to give a call to book the excursion, really ridicolous. I think they are not really in hotel business, they are people that wanted to transfer there and put some money to open an activity but do not really know the meaning of being professional.
Sorry mates much better to choose other places especially thay so you can give some money to local people that help you far much than them:)

Comments