Deevana Patong Resort And Spa

Agoda.com Orbitz.com Asiatravel.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 27% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• A Good Hotel

A nice place to stay. Stayed there for 2 weeks in April 2009 in a Garden Room wing, and no complaints about room. If I did have a complaint about the Hotel (which is minor) it would be that when I phoned Room Service and gave order I'd be passed on to 2 or 3 people to give order.

• winnietankl's Profile Photo

The Senses

Deevana Patong Resort & Spa is about 45 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes walking distant to Patong Beach and the night life and entertainment. The standard rooms start at 1,500 Baht (about USD45) and extra bed at 700 Baht (about USD22) inclusive of buffet breadfast. The breadfast are good and have a wide choise from Thai, Western and Chinese cuisine. Check in time is 1400 and check out time is 1200 but can be arrange for late check out subject to availability.
    As for the hotel facilities, it offers 3 outdoor swimming pools as well as 2 outdoor kids's pools. Dalah Restaurant, tour desk and car rental, fitness room, games room, internet service, pub,safety box,laundry service and complimentary shuttle bus to Patong Beach. Overall the hotel is nice to stay, great location and very tasty buffet breadfast too. The room is clean but the only problem for the garden wing is make sure you closed your door during night time so that the mosquitors wont fly in your room.

• vanitykills's Profile Photo

You won't be disappointed!

The customer service is excellent. Most staffs can speak basic English and they are very helpful. It is 10 min walk to beach and the amenities around. There is a bike rental shop just beside the resort for 200BHT/day. The room is clean and the housekeeping will leave a small, personal, cute note for each time they clean your room. I will definitely come back.

Unique Quality: The resort offers 2 swimming pool. One with the pool bar and for strutting around your best swim wear. It is located at the spa wing. The spa wing has a personal jacuzzi attached to the ground floor rooms. It is not very private though. The other is at a quieter location near the garden wing. I stayed at the garden wing and i have no problem with the size of the room. It is quiter and more peaceful as compared to the spa wing.

• Mairoula's Profile Photo

BEAUTIFUL HOTEL WITH NICE SERVICE

Nice hotel, big rooms, nice pool view rooms(Spa wings). Very clean. Nice breakfast for all Nationalities. Few minutes from the Patong beach but Quiet . Few minute from the Centre of the Patong. Nice service. All smiling. Have tourist office in to hotel and great Spa.

• Putra1500's Profile Photo

A good value Hotel

I stay at Standard Garden Room for 4 days and I got free airport transfer. The room is very basic. But the Spa wings looks more comfortable. Anyway, why bother because if you're a first timer like me, you won't waste your time at the hotel. Go explore phuket.

Unique Quality: They have 2 pools.

More about Deevana Patong Resort And Spa

The Deevana is Divine.

by TripAdvisor Member Henn0

It was our first time in Thailand & we didn't know what to expect. For the first 7 nights of our trip we stayed in Patong. We had looked at Deevana's website & it looked like a beautiful hotel. When we got there we weren't dissapointed.
We stayed in the spa wing on the ground floor which meant we had our own jacuzzi on our balcony & even though its not heated we still enjoyed it most days. The part of the hotel we were in was obviously new but the garden wing was a fair bit older & i'm glad we didn't stay in that part.
The pool was awesome with elephant fountains & a swim up bar. The sun beds were comfortable & there was more than enough to go around most days. Even though the pool was meant to close at 7 i had more than a few late night swims. I'd highly recommend the poolside food especially the chicken burger & steak roll these weren't cheap but they were good for the days when we wanted to escape the craziness of Patong.
Our room was big enough for the two of us & people have said that the beds are to hard but i disagree. My girlfriend & i both thought the bed was very comfortable. The shower is very roomy & water pressure is perfect, but some days the water comes out a bit smelly which can be quite off putting especially in the morning.
The staff at reception couldn't speak the best English in the world but after a few trys they could catch on to what you were saying so this wasn't a problem. I also have to mention that the housekeeping did one of the best jobs of any hotel i've ever been to & we tipped them accordingly.
The breakfast in the morning was always delicious & they even made freshly cooked doughnuts. I always ate way to much & its not the best idea to go walking through Patong on an overly full stomach because the heat & smell can get to you.
We had a traditional Thai massage at there spa which cost us 400 baht for an hour which is quite expensive by Patong standards but the massage room was nice & clean. We also had a relaxing oil massage out near the garden wing pool. They do these on the outside massage tables & they cost 500 baht for an hour. I'd reccomend this massage over the traditional Thai massage as the Thai massage is really quite painful & i had a sore back for 2 days after it.
The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the beach & Bangla road, which isn't to far but can get very tiring especially with the smell, heat, traffic & constant annoyance from hawkers. The alley way leading up from the hotel into Patong is lined with a couple of tailors who leave you alone after a day of seeing you walk past & a few girlie bars. The girls in the bars were friendly & would compliment my girlfriend on her hair when we walked past them everyday. I only walked past them once without my girlfriend when i went to get some water from the convenience store one night & they surrounded me! They were grabbing at me & trying to kiss me which was really pretty scary. So i'd recommend for men on there own who don't want this kind of attention to try and walk past them very quickly or not at all!!
For places to go in Patong at night i'd highly recoomend the Seduction Discotheque on Bangla Rd. My girlfriend & i went here about 4 nights in a row. Its a huge nightclub with 2 levels & the best thing is they don't let in hookers & most of the people that go there are tourists!! I'd also reccomend the Muay Thai boxing on Bangla Rd but make sure you get the vip seats which cost a little bit more but are alot more comfortable than the bench seats when your sitting there for 3 hours.
We also had the best Thai food of the trip at a restaurant called Restaurant 6. Its about 10 minutes from the hotel on the way to Bangla Rd & the food is delicious & cheap. Harry's Steakhouse & Pub also serve great pizzas but thats a long walk from the hotel.
If i ever went back to patong i would definately stay at the Deevana. I couldn't fault the hotel on anything & it was just such a relaxing place to stay at. It was really nice to be able to go back to such a beautiful place after a tiring day or night sightseeing & partying around Patong.

Excellent value for money

by TripAdvisor Member Sunsets4us

My husband and I stayed at the Deevana Patong Resort & Spa for one night at the end of March 2007, between flights.
We booked the hotel direct from their website and were quite happy with the size of our room and location of the hotel. We stayed in a Deluxe room with Jacuzzi Pool in the Spa Wing. We arrived at the hotel at 8.30pm and decided to go out for a quick walk into Patong. We were not ready for the heat and after a couple of drinks at a bar on the Beach Rd, we were happy to head back to our Jacuzzi for a cool down with our duty free.
Check In: Smooth and efficient, reception staff very sweet. Paid for room upon arrival with local currency cash.
Service: Helpful and courteous, always a cheery smile from hotel staff even at 1am in the morning as he was delivering a pillow to another guest’s room.
Breakfast: Good, apart from skinny cat hanging around, (one of the many we saw around hotels in Thailand).
Room: Good size, A/C worked well, bathroom had shower only, but no hot water at hand basin for husband’s shave.
Jacuzzi Pool: What a relief from the heat. Even at night, walking around & shopping was very hot & sticky.
Main pool: Looked inviting although we didn’t have time for a swim the next day, nice swim up bar.
We spent 5 nights in Samui after this and would have loved to have had the luxury of returning to the same room (and Jacuzzi) for the next 5 nights we spent in Patong over Easter, unfortunately all Deluxe Jacuzzi Pool rooms were fully booked

Really worth it (Good Recommendation)

by TripAdvisor Member SindyYW

We were on our holiday trip for 16 days. From Surabaya (Indonesia)-KL-Macau-Guangzhou-Hongkong-Bangkok-Phuket-KL-Surabaya. We were in bangkok for 4D/3N.
On the 2nd day in Bangkok we searched for hotel in Phuket, we asked the travel agent that has TAT sign in Pratunam Area (in Petchburi Rd but we forget the name of the Travel agent) that were very rude and very unpolite, and underestimate not to mention money robber, because he offer us a very high price for a 2 star hotel on THB 2,000/pax (twin,3D/2N), when just a week before I have seen on the internet with that price I can get a 3 or 4 star hotel.
The next day when we were in MBK shopping mall, we surfed the internet to book our hotels ( we're kinda interested in Sino House), turned out that we had to book min 2 days before we check in.
So we went to look for another travel agent, we found MBK Leisure, they gave us some alternatives and we asked for their recommendations, they suggested DEEVANA PATONG, we took it, booked it for 3D/2N. The price quite low THB 1,300/room/night (about 37.7 USD), nice view, quiet not to noisy, but near the attractions area, and clean, too.
We got ourselves connecting rooms, nice, sattelite TV was great, the channels internationals and
The bathrooms clean, and they have toilet shower which is good for us that not comfortable with using only tissues.
The pools great and the breakfast (ABF) were good&delicious, but on the 2nd day too bad no waffle that we were looking forward to.
Overall highly reccomended for a room with that price.
The service was good, the bell boy was very nice to bring our big baggages and luggages and very helpful.
Really worth it !

Disappointment

by TripAdvisor Member ArgyroAthens

We stayed at Deevana for 6 nights in a Standard Double Garden Wing Room. When we arrived at the hotel, we really liked the reception. Very traditional. But when we saw the room... Real disappointment... Very small and old. The toilet was a real shock for us...These rooms need desperate redecoration. Staff was polite but they didn' t speak english very good. Breakfast was OK.
Don' t pay for Standard Garden Wing Rooms. If you stay at Deevana just prefer to pay more and stay in another room. I will not stay there if I come toPhuket again.

ok - good for the money i guess

by TripAdvisor Member Georgie71

Upon arriving at Deevana hotel we were greeted with a cold towel and a welcome drink which was very very sugary but it was a nice gesture. I thought we had booked a Deluxe Room but to my mistake i had booked a Superior Room so my thoughts of the hotel were a bit swayed but it was my own fault so i put that aside. The Superior Room was nice but just an average style room nothing special. The beds were extremely hard and very uncomfortable i dont know if they are softer in the deluxe rooms but if you book a superior room be prepared, i even had to lay my towel under the sheets just to get some softness - really bad beds. The breakfast was quite good nothing to really complain about there. The location of the resort isnt too bad if you dont mind walking, its about 15-20 minutes walk to Bangla road which leads up to Patong Beach i would suggest walking either in the morning (not much is open in the morning though as far as shops go) or wait until 4-5pm for some reason in Phuket it seems to get very hot around 3pm so i would hold off a while if you want to walk. We didnt eat at the resort for dinner as i found it quite expensive compared to some of the eateries up the road. Approx 10 minute walk is an open air eatery with a few different restaurants serving food i cant remember the name but the one at the end heading north is amazing i had the best and freshest lobster for 800 baht and my husband had chilli clams that were amazing. Overall the stay at Deevana was ok but not something to write home about but then again in AUD it only cost us $370 for the two of us for 3 nights. Whether i would stay here again
???? not sure but if i did i would make sure i booked a Deluxe Room

My first visit to Phuket

by Putra1500

"Hotels...Hotels...Hotels..."

This is my first visit to phuket. for once, i don't know what hotel is best for me and my wife to stay. But thank you all of people that wrote a reviews in so many travel websites, I have decided to stay at Deevana Patong Resort and Spa.

Phuket have so many resorts, hotels, guest house etc... Believe me, if you're a first timer, you'll find it quiet difficult to choose. But that won't make your travel a mess. You can choose any accomodations you want within your budget (from as cheap as RM40(400 BHT)).

"Beaches...Beaches...Beaches..."

It's totally awesome... Beaches in phuket is very beautiful. But i admit it sometime it can be same like my home country (Langkawi, Redang...) but the sea wave here is so much different. i went to the Kata beach where there're a surfing competition (in phuket???). Wow... it's great man...

Wife, myself and Deevana...Wife, myself and Deevana...

deevana patong resort and spa

by vpbebe

hi all was going to book one of the deluxe rooms in this hotel with the private jacuzzi,anyone know anything bout hotel, location etc?
thanks

RE: deevana patong resort and spa

by stappm

I have been to the Spa and it was nice. Good service. It is on the middle main road in Patong, so not on the beach. But just a few blocks away. And not a bad location.

Happy Travels