Geo Guest House

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Phuket

Sipping a cocktail at Coyotes RestaurantSipping a cocktail at Coyotes Restaurant

becoming more spectacularbecoming more spectacular

Mama's and Pappa's Restaurant at Rawai PhuketMama's and Pappa's Restaurant at Rawai Phuket

Kata beach, PhuketKata beach, Phuket

Payment of booking

by neljasry

When do we actually pay for the service?

Do they asked for full payment during the booking process or we only pay after the tour.

I'm afraid that at some places, people do collect booking fees & then disappear.

Thanking you in advance for your guide.

Re: Payment of booking

by earthflyer

You pay in full when you book. Never had a problem in thailand or anywhere else.

Re: Payment of booking

by SirHalberd

It depends on the hotel. I have been in cheap hotels where I paid for the room before and sometimes after. I have never been ripped off on paying a hotel room in advance. You do get a receipt, so keep it for proof. If you pay with a credit card you have proof too. If you are really worried about this you can pay daily. This way if you get screwed it is only for one day.

Travel Tips for Phuket

A Stroll down the roads of Phuket...

by shalin

My first instinct was to change into a pair of beach shorts..and hit-you guessed it,the beach! Walking down the main Patong Road from the Holiday Inn(where we were at) to Soi Bangla,HAS to be just about the most entertaining experience ever! From Hindi songs (being sung to me-the Indian!) and souvenirs, to tuktuks, the sunset,the alternating Thai and Modjo music, streetside bars and tempting discounts..Patong Beach Road has it all!! Walking the longg beach stretch-getting my hair braided, and my navel tattoed, and my nails painted, the delicious barbequed wares and sub sandwiches,cold beers and water sports, live music and tantalising thai food!

Power adaptor plugs

by lindyz

You will NOT need a jacket in Thailand, I dont think at any time of the year! The only time I wore my light cardigan was on the plane there and home! If you are going to have your periods in Thailand and you use tampons, please take these with as Im pretty sure I only ever saw pads for sale!

Also take lots of small pocket tissues and carry with you everywhere to use for toilet paper! Take plenty of lithium batteries with you as you will be bound to take lots of photos, and we never saw them for sale anywhere. The power points we came across in Phuket were all the same (as the pic Ive put up) and you needed to take an adaptor plug with the 2 round prongs if you wanted to plug in appliances from your home country (if different to Thailand outlets)

Kids Play While you Shop

by pammo

There is a great kid's ball room with tunnels and slides and balloons etc. located by the food fair on the 2nd floor of the Tesco Lotus. For just two 10 baht coins, the kids can play as long as they want! There are supervisors outside of it. The entrance is very cute. The child sits in a rocket type ride and puts the coins in. The rocket makes noises and rotates to place the child facing the inside of the play room. There is a turnstile to exit from, but make sure they use the washroom first as once they leave, they have to pay to reenter. Our kids got thirsty after running around in there, so we gave them juice from a straw through the net (ha, ha) since food and drink is not allowed inside.

The parents are now free to shop at leisure!

Phone Unlocking/Accessories

by Tina-Perth about J Shop

This is more of a booth than a shop, but I found that the guy here is much cheaper than a couple of the other shops in this maze of telephone accessories vendors.

His english is limited, but you can certainly get your message through. I bought a phone charger here, as my other one died. It was so cheap, I couldn't believe it. The guy also spent quite a long time trying to unlock my Nokia 6233, so he put my Samsung on charge for me while I was waiting. Unfortunately, if you have this model of phone, don't bother trying to unlock it, as it is not unlockable.

From memory he cost 200 baht to unlock the phone.

club after clubbing

by susu77 about Safari

When other bars closes down at 2am, you can always take a tuk tuk to Safari. It will be open til 4am..or not. Twice we have been there, police has come and closed the place cause alcoholselling is not allowed after 2am. Safari is very dark, stange and funny openair club with no entrance fee.

Comments