333 Patak Rd, Tambon Karon, Muang, Karon, 83100, Thailand

Booking.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 72% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Emiralex's Profile Photo

One of the best resorts we ever stayed at

That was a dream vacation.
    First of all because we traveled without kids :)
    And Hilton Arcadia was really worth spending 7 hours on a plane.
    Area of the hotel and its premises is just enourmous.
    Three blocks with around 700 rooms, natural lakes, swimming pools, many restaurants and bars, plenty of trees and grass, large beach across the road - what else do you need!
    Another positive point is that you hardly meet people anywhere except breakfast room, reception and pool areas.
    The rooms at the old block are outdated, but it doesn's really matter in the end - those are well-kept.
    Hilton breakfast is great as usual.
    There a few local restaurants and bars around the hotel, which are much cheaper.
    You can also find a small market and few grocery stores just a short walk away.

Unique Quality: Great location and facilities, perfect housekeeping and service.
    Comprehensive security system.
    Absolutely nothing negative.

Directions: Just take a cab to Karon Beach, Phuket.

• TRVLRZ's Profile Photo

AKA-The Hilton Arcadia

My family and I stayed here for 2 weeks this month and really enjoyed our stay. There are 4 great swimming pools, a very nice gym/squash courts and superb staff all on over 75 acres of very well kept grounds. (2 of the pools had water slides that my son and I really enjoyed!)

Unique Quality: The pools were probable my favorite! Along with the 2 water slides there were also a couple that had grotto’s and caves to swim through.

Directions: Right on Karon beach

• johnaalex's Profile Photo

Luxury in Karon

The first thing to note about this place is its size, There are nearly 700 rooms in three main blocks, each one bigger than most hotels set in acres of land with three swimming pools and a lagoon. You can enter the hotel from either Karon Road (the beach road) or Patak Road. If you don’t want to walk too far inside the grounds there is a tram or some golf carts to take to your block. This service is available through the night, or at least it was still running at 2.30am for me.
    If you have a wi-fi PC or PDA you can take advantage of the free wireless internet service that is available in the lobby and bar area.
    One other nice touch is that there are a number of peacocks that roam freely around the hotel’s vast grounds.
    Of the three pools my favourite is the one called “Lost Horizon” which overlooks the beach and Karon Bay.
    The rooms are modern in their design and very comfortable with all the fittings you would expect from a 5 star resort including DVD players in each one. Most, if not all, rooms have a balcony with chairs.
    As it is located in the centre of Karon bay you can turn either left or right when leaving the hotel and walk for about 10 minutes in either direction to find local bars and restaurants. If you want to venture “over the hill” into the busier resort of Patong the going rate for a tuk-tuk is 200 baht each way. The drive takes about 10 minutes.
    The level of service was very high, every member of staff I met certainly did what ever they could to make my stay very pleasant and stress free. On one occasion I had just had lunch by the swimming pool and was having a dip in it when the waiter came over with some coffee which he was explained was free to make up for the long time it took to serve my lunch. I am usually the first the to complain if I am kept waiting, but I had not noticed any excessive delay and therefore had not made any comments to suggest I was not pleased with the service.

Directions: Right in the middle of Karon Bay overlooking the beach.

More about Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa

Phukets Best Hotel

by elw1729 about Hilton Arcadia Resort

We were in Phuket in November 2008. We were suppose to be there for 4 days, but due to a demonstration the airport in Bangkok was closed and we were there for 10 days.
Lucky for us we were at a beautiful resort the Arcadia Hilton Resort. This resort has 3 large pools,5 restaurants,a spa,healthclub,tennis courts etc. Besides all of this the rooms are very nice and beautifully decorated.

The best part of the stay was the attitude of the staff. They were wonderful to my wife and I. My wife has a bad leg and because of security you are dropped off at the perimeter of the resort and then shuttled by a jitney to the hotel. When I saw the height of the step to get on the jitney I knew that would present a problem for my wife. When I explained this to a staff member they called a golf cart to take us to the lobby. Although taxis are not permitted to pick guest up at the lobby,they made an exception for us. We did however order the same taxi each time so the guards would let him in when they checked the #on the taxi.

Little piece of paradise.

We spent five very enjoyable days at the Hilton Phuket. Our room in the Lotus Wing was beautifully furnished and luxuriously appointed.

The executive lounge provided a a substantial breakfast buffet and a variety of delicious hors d'oeuvres at cocktail hour. I would also recommend eating at the Tao Garden in the Spa and at the Thai Thai restaurant.

The grounds are substantial and beautifully laid out.The three pools provide fun for every taste and the fitness and games rooms are very well equipped. The hotel provides entertainment and is ready to arrange a variety of outings through their Adventure Desk. Trips to Siam Safari's elephant trekking location and to the Phi Phi islands were well worth it.

Transport to and from the airport was easy and inexpensive (650Bt) using airport or local taxis. The beach is a mere 2-3 minutes away and a further 5 minutes walk lands you in the bustling town.

All in all I couldn't imagine a more enjoyable place to samples Thailand's incredible friendliness and hospitality.

Great, except for the H Honors reception

We've just returned from a week at the Hilton Arcadia. Our stay was great, service was good, Thai restaurant is excellent as is kids club. We stayed with our 20 month old and he had a great time - the staff were very accommodating to his toddler antics.
The only down side was the reception we got at the Hilton Honors desk - we are Diamond customers, but (quite snotty) lady tried to insist we were Blue (a lower level with less benefits). She was not exactly apologetic when she found out the truth. We were then given a room that was adequate, but somewhat shoddy, and she insisted that, yes, this was indeed an upgrade. Then two days before we left she asked us if we wouldn't like an upgrade !!....
But overall, an enjoyable stay

LOVED the hilton!

Never in my life have i experienced such luxuriousness! The rooms were maintained very well (cleaned twice daily!), the food delicious, and the service better than anything i have ever encountered. The resort is situated within walking distance of the beautiful sandy white beaches where manicure/pedicure and massage services are available for VERY cheap (200-400 BHT= $6-11). HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

Baby friendly resort

by aversonne

Hi,

Will be traveling to phuket in January (is this a good time to travel to phuket?), and am currently looking for a baby friendly resort with sprawling landscape and huge/lovely pools. Any recommendations? Also, i'm looking for a resort that was not affected by the Tsunami...

Any comments on the following?

1) JW marriott
2) Katathani
3) Hilton phuket

RE: Baby friendly resort

by johnaalex

January is a great time to visit Phuket. Any hotels that suffered tsunami damage have been repaired a long time ago so you need not worry about that and at least 2 of the three in your list suffered no damamge; the JW Marriott and Hilton. I actually stayed at the Hilton about 2 weeks after the disaster as my usual hotel in Patong was damaged. I have also stayed at the JW Marriott. Of the two I think the Hilton is the better option as the Marriott is in a rather remote location. The Hilton is more like three hotels in one the grounds are sprawling and all of the three pools are large. You are just a 10 minute walk from the shops etc of north or south Karon. The only real benefit that the JW Marriott has over the Hilton is that it is right on the beach. For the beach at the Hilton you have to cross the beach road.

Check my pages for more info.

Regards

John

RE: Baby friendly resort

by sarahreynold

Hilton is not on the beach, you corss the beach road to get to the beach. JW Marriott is very nice but you are very remote indeed and it's a long trek for shopping and restaurants. Very remote but fine it that suits you. The kata Thani I would say is easily the best of those choices as although not such a busy area you have restaurants and shops nearr you, from those choices I would say the Kata Thani but of course there are so many other options also.

Comments