Horizon Beach Resort

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

64/39 Thaweewong Road, Soi Kep Sap, Patong Beach, Amphur Kathu, Patong, Phuket, 83150, Thailand

Horizon Patong Beach Resort & Spa
Orbitz.com Agoda.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Bayslions's Profile Photo

Best accommodation in Patong

We stayed there from 17/July 06 for 10 wonderfull days. The staff were excellent very friendly and always on hand to help and have a chat too. The reception girls were lovely, and helped out many time with booking tours such as fantasia and Simion Caberet.
    The room we had booked (poolside) was not available but we were upgraded to a family room which was massive for the two of us. King size bed, cooking facilities, large bath and a seperate shower. Also satelite TV and a fold out sofa bed lounge. The rooms were made up freshly each day with a flower on pillows- nice little touch I thought even though I placed in ashtray as dont smoke myself.
    The brekie which was included in my holiday package was excellent, western and asian treats with cereals, bacon, ommelates,etc. I brought my own vegemite though!!!
    The pools were clean but prehaps could have stayed open longer but I guess thats to prevent noise.
    There is a private laneway that leads to the beach which has 24/7 security stationed there and its own freshwater shower so you can have a rinse off after a swim in the sea. Also just to the left of this laneway is a great money exchanger- I thought had best traveller's cheques rates!!! Lots of Tuk Tuks parked nearby as well because resort is right next to Holiday Inn.
    For children there is a games room with internet, DVD/TV, playstation like machines as well as some swings and stuff. There is a massage centre inside resort but I didnt go to that as there is many just outside main entrance along with a 7-11 convienience store that sells cheap water,beer,etc.
    My only gripes with the room was the aircond didnt stay on once you remove the keys that turn on/off all the power but it gets cool after a couple of minutes anyway.

Directions: Patong Beach

• Bayslions's Profile Photo

Horizon Beach Resort Patong

Unique Quality: Closenest to Patong beach with its private laneway.

Directions: Patong Beach

• confirm all bookings before arriving

I cannot describe our stay, as we did not get a chance to stay, due to hotel being overbooked. We payed for 2 family suites back in feb 06 to stay on 14/06-04/07/06 when arriving where told they did not have any rooms for us (my family and many others on the day and in the previous week, as advised by other hotel guests) and that we would have to go to another hotel, you can only imagine how my husband and myself felt after travelling all night with 3 children to arrive to this situation only to be told the bad news, we were all hot and bothered, were not offered a cold drink and the manager would not even speak to us. Any way 4 hours later & a choice of 2 hotels (duangjitt resort or patong beach hotel) we chose duangjitt resort. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there,5 minutes from the beach absoloutely gorgeous Horizons errror went in our favour as we as a family on a budget would never had been able to afford the duangjitt resort 5*.

From what we saw of the Horizon hotel i would not recomend this to families, (family suite looked fantastic) but rooms to close to the pools, and if you wanted any privacy forget it. location was fantastic right in the heart of things.

• leebee1's Profile Photo

I would not recommend this hotel.

Location isnt the best, over priced, rooms unsatisfactory, and to top it all off the service is crap. This stay was most unpleasant, and had it been at the beginning of my trip, I wouldve checked out early and found somewhere else to stay. I think I am relatively easy to please, so this says alot.
    We even missed one of our day tours, as we did not recieve the wake up call we ordered!!!

• 2rs's Profile Photo

An oasis in the heart of Patong

If you really want to stay in Patong I can recomend the Horizon Beach Resort. This is a one level bungalow type hotel with all the rooms facing the garden and the pool just outside your doorstep.

Unique Quality: There are propably cheaper places, but if you want modern quality accomodation, nice garden, pool outside your room, a really nice breakfast in the hotel's restaurant , and great service, this is worth your considderations.

Directions: Its location in the heart of Patong a block from the beach road makes it a quiet oasis in the middle of the boiling patong area.

More about Horizon Beach Resort

Accomodation Patong Beach

by hypedmaloo

Hi 2 of us traveling to patong in feb for 8nights and we are in our early 20's and want to know where the best place to stay for around 800 australian dollars, and who the best and cheapest people are to book threw. Cheers vt members yous always save the day

by johnaalex

Is that 800 AUS per night? :-))

Cehck out Patong Bay Garden Resort, for some tips and more info see my pages.

Regards

John

by DONBURGESS

Hi there Guys, you will get some pretty good accommodation for $100 bucks a night or less, it depends on what sort of accommodation you are looking for.
There is plenty of guesthouse which are guest friendly but a lot of the bigger resorts are not. Check out the following web sire for some good options.

Enjoy your trip Don

P.S. Drop me a email anytime you want more info

by aussie_gal_0

I am staying at The Horizon Patong. It is $746 for 8 nights which is within your budget. A few other members have stayed there, with mostly good reviews. It is in a good location.

by sarahreynold

AUD 100 a night is about THB 2,500, a normal room is about AUD 74 or deluxe room about AUD 86 at Coconut Village which has a nice tropical feel to it, south part of Patong, easy walk down to the beach, there are a lot of places but you need to take care of location, Coconut in my opinion is good as it is easy to walk along for restaurants, shopping and entertainment ( maybe you might want to tuk tuk back after a few drinks ! ) but the beach although just as nice as the rest of patong is just that little bit qeuiter in the day and easier to get good beach space. Try www.patong-beach-hotels.com there they have Coconut Village and plenty of others in your price range with rates also in AUD.

Comments