Horizon Beach Resort

Bayslions's Profile Photo

Best accommodation in Patong

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 28, 2006

We stayed there from 17/July 06 for 10 wonderfull days. The staff were excellent very friendly and always on hand to help and have a chat too. The reception girls were lovely, and helped out many time with booking tours such as fantasia and Simion Caberet.
The room we had booked (poolside) was not available but we were upgraded to a family room which was massive for the two of us. King size bed, cooking facilities, large bath and a seperate shower. Also satelite TV and a fold out sofa bed lounge. The rooms were made up freshly each day with a flower on pillows- nice little touch I thought even though I placed in ashtray as dont smoke myself.
The brekie which was included in my holiday package was excellent, western and asian treats with cereals, bacon, ommelates,etc. I brought my own vegemite though!!!
The pools were clean but prehaps could have stayed open longer but I guess thats to prevent noise.
There is a private laneway that leads to the beach which has 24/7 security stationed there and its own freshwater shower so you can have a rinse off after a swim in the sea. Also just to the left of this laneway is a great money exchanger- I thought had best traveller's cheques rates!!! Lots of Tuk Tuks parked nearby as well because resort is right next to Holiday Inn.
For children there is a games room with internet, DVD/TV, playstation like machines as well as some swings and stuff. There is a massage centre inside resort but I didnt go to that as there is many just outside main entrance along with a 7-11 convienience store that sells cheap water,beer,etc.
My only gripes with the room was the aircond didnt stay on once you remove the keys that turn on/off all the power but it gets cool after a couple of minutes anyway.

Directions: Patong Beach

Bayslions's Profile Photo

Horizon Beach Resort Patong

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 28, 2006

Unique Quality: Closenest to Patong beach with its private laneway.

Directions: Patong Beach

confirm all bookings before arriving

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 5, 2006

I cannot describe our stay, as we did not get a chance to stay, due to hotel being overbooked. We payed for 2 family suites back in feb 06 to stay on 14/06-04/07/06 when arriving where told they did not have any rooms for us (my family and many others on the day and in the previous week, as advised by other hotel guests) and that we would have to go to another hotel, you can only imagine how my husband and myself felt after travelling all night with 3 children to arrive to this situation only to be told the bad news, we were all hot and bothered, were not offered a cold drink and the manager would not even speak to us. Any way 4 hours later & a choice of 2 hotels (duangjitt resort or patong beach hotel) we chose duangjitt resort. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there,5 minutes from the beach absoloutely gorgeous Horizons errror went in our favour as we as a family on a budget would never had been able to afford the duangjitt resort 5*.

From what we saw of the Horizon hotel i would not recomend this to families, (family suite looked fantastic) but rooms to close to the pools, and if you wanted any privacy forget it. location was fantastic right in the heart of things.

leebee1's Profile Photo

I would not recommend this hotel.

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 18, 2004

Location isnt the best, over priced, rooms unsatisfactory, and to top it all off the service is crap. This stay was most unpleasant, and had it been at the beginning of my trip, I wouldve checked out early and found somewhere else to stay. I think I am relatively easy to please, so this says alot.
We even missed one of our day tours, as we did not recieve the wake up call we ordered!!!

2rs's Profile Photo

An oasis in the heart of Patong

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 2, 2004

If you really want to stay in Patong I can recomend the Horizon Beach Resort. This is a one level bungalow type hotel with all the rooms facing the garden and the pool just outside your doorstep.

Unique Quality: There are propably cheaper places, but if you want modern quality accomodation, nice garden, pool outside your room, a really nice breakfast in the hotel's restaurant , and great service, this is worth your considderations.

Directions: Its location in the heart of Patong a block from the beach road makes it a quiet oasis in the middle of the boiling patong area.

Nearby Horizon Beach Resort

Horizon Beach Resort

• Horizon Patong Beach Resort And Spa
  • Horizon Patong Beach Hotel Patong

Address: 64/39 Thaweewong Road, Soi Kep Sap, Patong Beach, Amphur Kathu, Patong, Phuket, 83150, Thailand

1 Photo of Horizon Beach Resort

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Phuket Travel Forum

Need advice about Phuket, Thailand? Visit the Travel Forum for Phuket and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Phuket hotel reviews