Hotel Swiss Garden

169/20 Soi Sansabai, Patong, 83150, Thailand

More about Phuket

Me sampling some Iced Tea from demo lady!!!Me sampling some Iced Tea from demo lady!!!

Frank and I arriving on Koh Khai NaiFrank and I arriving on Koh Khai Nai

Mel and Tara at Scruffy Murphy'sMel and Tara at Scruffy Murphy's

Karon TownKaron Town

When should I book my phuket accommodation to get the best deal?

by chantalleptos

Im travelling to Phuket in November and just miss out on some fantastic deals at the resort I want to stay at (Merlin Beach Resort) due to date restrictions. I want to book a pay/stay package i.e. stay 10 nights pay 5, however, I have found that they all finish on Oct 31 and I am travelling beginning November.
Should I book my accommodation now, or should I wait to see if any new pay/stay deals come out for November? Is it likely that this type of deal will be offered during November?

Thanks, C.

by worldinabag

Hi

November is the start of high season so I would think there are less generous deals available. Still, anything is possible. Try not to be too restrictive on your choice of hotels and the location. Also try sites like www.asiarooms.com and www.wotif.com. Good luck.

by mim95

As mentioned, November 1 is the beginning of the high season, BUT it is still shoulder season and it is possible to find some deals closer to your travel dates, may not necessarily be as cheap as the low season though.

by PriceInfo

I have stayed at Merlin A few times now.

Always busy, always packed, always popular not sure thay will offer any website deals.

I would ask local travel agents to call you when your particular deal comes up.

Barring that you may be able to get the worst room they have for a good deal.

Ring the hotel direct and negotiate over the phone if possible, i find this works sometimes. Merlin have very good english speaking reservations.

Travel Tips for Phuket

Cruise the Andaman Sea to see the Karsts

by zrim

These tremendous geological formations are called karsts which are composed of limestone. Another area of the world which is famous for karsts is Slovenia and karst is in fact a Slovenian word in origin.

Clothes

by DONBURGESS

Take a small bag only and a empty one to bring home everything you buy A good pair of walking shoes and sandals is about all you will need for your feet.
Cotton shorts, skirts shirts is all you will need. Make sure that you pack all your Medical supplies with you, they may not be avalable Take all your film with you as its a bit espensive to buy there but developing is pretty cheap. Towell is about all you will need here on the beach. I found that because of the humidity i sweated a lot between the legs, one way to solve this was to buy a pair (severel pairs) of fisherman trousers made of cotton and not wear any jocks, worked for me.

White water rafting off at Phang Nga Bay

by shane_02

Its a 3 hours long white water rafting at the Phang Nga Bay. But this rafting is a little disappointing. It is using a couple of dams at different points to create strong current so that it looks like real water rafting.

Pearls

by Tina-Perth about Several shops at Rawai

There are a few places selling pearls at Rawai. Pearls, pearls, pearls. So many of them, everywhere you look! They have mostly the natural ones that are not perfect, but you can also buy the perfect ones. Prices seemed pretty reasonable.

Renting a VIP high-roof van with a driver

by MilKy83

I m very satisfied wit the van and driver provided by Smart World Travel agent during my travel to Phuket! The service provided is not only cheap but also reliable. I found tis travel agent thru the internet n Mr. Ekkawit sent me the quotation. I sent him our itinerary n he oso offered to help us to book for shows like Phuket Fantasea and Simon Cabaret wit discount and even gv us VIP seats for the shows.
3 days: 5500 baht with driver (until midnight with no extra charges)
We pd for the fuel: 1000 baht
Jus tell Ekkawit tat Kimberly highly recommended Smart World Travel Agent if u wish to get their service. MSN messenger: ekmatsha@hotmail.com

Comments