328 / 81 Prabaramee Road, Patong, 83150, Thailand
Orbitz.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 78% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Phuket

Some randoms at the same place!Some randoms at the same place!

My Sydny's Toyota ForerunnerMy Sydny's Toyota Forerunner

Nikita's Bar & Restaurant Rawai BeachNikita's Bar & Restaurant Rawai Beach

Nai Harn BeachNai Harn Beach

Recommendation for a 4D3N Trip

by Conger

Hi...
Going to Phuket during mid-July
Any recommendation on what to do there?
I live around the Patong Beach area...
Please give me some suggestions as I am quite lost...
Thanks ya!! :D

Re: Recommendation for a 4D3N Trip

by staytune

What do you like to do actually?
Phuket has lots of things to do.
Many beautiful beach, Island, Downtown, Night life, Adventures or ?

Re: Recommendation for a 4D3N Trip

by PriceInfo

On that sort of schedule i would hire a scooter and see the island.

Or if bike riding is not your thing hire a car and explore.

If you enjoy the ocean then a half day trip will suffice so you still have the other half to explore.

The one thing i wouldn't do on that short stay schedule is have no schedule.

Travel Tips for Phuket

Fantasy Fantasea

by beachboy

Winner of 'Best Attraction Award' by Thailand Tourism, Fantasea , the ultimate night time cultural theme park set on 140 acres next to Kamala Beach. It is not only showcases the charm and beauty of Thailand, but also enriches ancient Thai traditions with the wonder of cutting edge technology and special effects. (Official website) A must visit is the magnificent Palace of Elephant, a state-of-the-art theater with wonderful acoustics. Inside the palace, 'Fantasy of a Kingdom Show' is performed every day at 7 pm, whisking you through the Kingdom's region. Reservation recommended.

Keep it light!!!

by adelaidean

Take a nearly empty suitcase with you. Fill it up when you get there Shorts and singlet tops.
Bathers
Hat
sandals
sandshoes for walking if you want. lots of sunscreen
mosquito repellant
mascara (leave your other makeup at home!!!) take your camera and take heaps of photos. It is an amazing place There are pharmacies where you can buy all your medications and pharmacy needs.
Go to the big shopping centres in phukettown and buy your moisturisers and cosmetics. they are so cheap!!!!

Nai Harn Beach

by shane_02

This picture is taken at Nai Harn Beach. This beach is quieter and very peaceful. It is unlike Patong beach which is exploited by tourist. In the evening, the waves are strong so it is not advisable to swim when the waves are strong.

Bargaining

by Tina-Perth

One thing I have learned about shopping in Asian countries is that they usually inflate the price by around 300%, sometimes more.

This is not always the rule however, so what I do is to value the item in my currency first, then factor around that price. Usually my first offer is 1/4 or less. Costs are far lower in Asian countries, so you really shouldn't be paying the same prices as you would at home.

I also find it better to shop where the locals do rather than at tourist filled areas, as the prices are inflated there. For instance, you will get much better prices in Phuket Town or, surprisingly, at Promthep Cape, rather than at Patong Beach. Silk tablecloths, fabric and bedspreads, some lovely carved wood products. (be careful about Customs in your country - Australia is very strict about wood products). Pearls, shells, gems and silver are also widely available in Thailand.

NEVER fly One-Two-Go Airline

by cat_iring

Don't ever book a flight with One-Two-Go Airline or Orient Thai! I booked a flight 4 months before my scheduled trip. Two months later, they emailed me that my flight has been moved to a later flight for my trip going back to Bangkok. It caused a problem with me since I was scheduled to fly back to the Philippines 2 hrs after the rescheduled flight. Since there was nothing I can do, I just made the necessary arrangements. Now, 2 weeks before my scheduled flight, they email me again to say that my flight has been canceled and they will just do a refund. WTF!!! I booked my flight many months before so I can get a cheaper price and now I have to book again with another airline worth twice the amount I will be refunded with the useless one-two-go airline. All they could offer was there apology that can't help me book a flight and get me the money that I lack. Tsk tsk tsk.

NEVER again will I book with that airline again, and if I were you, don't make the same mistake I did.

- cathy -