231 Moo 3, Phuket, 83110, Mai Khao, 83110, Thailand

Costs 61% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Understated Elegance

by carmilla5 about JW Marriott Phuket

You have to stay at this most beautiful hotel. I was there for 3 weeks and my room was divine, Thai themed with two queen size beds, large TV with cable, movies, lovely bathroom with marble, large bath which looked into the bedroom, shower, lovely bathroom accessories (soaps, toiletries, slippers/robe ~ which can be bought) and a lovely view to a tropical garden.
The hotel has a huge pool with a bar, 5 restaurants and the most beautiful staff I've come across at any hotel. It is easy to get around and not too large. Food is fabulous and what can I say, a heavenly experience! Pool is by the Mai Khao beach, not the usual looking pool but divine with a slide for kids up one end.
Its positioned at the north west corner of Phuket away from Patong which some people might find a hassle, as its nearly an hours drive south yet once you leave the grounds of the hotel you are in authentic Thailand which you won't get staying at Patong.
Staff are No 1, they are kind and generous because that's who they are not just because they're paid to be nice.
Stunningly beautiful looking and understated elegance. The hotel isn't too full of itself, it knows its beautiful and isn't too flashy about it.
The reason I didn't put prices down is because I was working in Thailand and it was being paid for.

Mr.au good taxi driver in phuket

by Tony0684

Hi everyone

Mr.Au he very very nice I think every body wont to know why He nice man because last month I stey at JW marriott phuket resort and spa I been 1 week and mr.Au service us 2 day 1 day for pike up me and my family at the airport to hotel and another day mr.Au pick up us around in phuket about 8 hour He take care and reccomment us everything to my family and when finish for aroud in phuket We're come back to hotel In a moment Fornt desk call to my room and tell me we have one men wont to see me He mr.Au when I go back and see Mr.Au He give monney to me I'm very very dizziness Why he give monney to me You know I Drop money disappeared In He's car buy I don't know I'm fell very good becarse he be honest.

Mr.Au he's good man you can use their services.

E-Mail him : au_phuket@hotmail.com

Tel : +66817478750

I just wanna say Thank you Mr.Au.

Tony Chung

Best service ever!! Should be a benchmark of service.

From the first moment of stepping out of the Marriott Benz that picked us up from the airport we were pampered. First a cool drink, all of our luggage was taken care of, flowers as we were escorted to the check-in desk, all top notch.

The huge reflection pond behind the reception area was beautiful, the front desk people were very friendly as well as helpful.

We stayed a week at the resort. If I look back now and think about what was most remarkable I would have to say that it was the hotel staff. This covers everybody we had contact with, from housekeeping to management. Each and all of them were the best I have encountered.

One other piece of advice, eat at the breakfast buffet at the hotel. It is second to none. We skipped it on our first morning there not thinking much of it. Later that day we met another couple that were on there way out of the hotel after staying for a few days and they highly recommended we try it. Lucky we did, as it turned out to be incredible!!! We actually ate at all 6 or 7 places to eat on property and never encountered a bad meal.

It was a great trip and I look forward to being able to come back again.

Holy cow! What a relaxing vacation!

My wife and I normally don't like the large hotel chains. We were originally only going to stay here two nights, and move to another hotel for three nights. After staying at the second hotel for a night, we came back to the JW for the last two nights. This is the most relaxing place we've been. It doesn't have the large hotel feel, and the staff goes out of their way to give you personal attention.

Pros:
-Beautiful hotel (pools, rooms, gardens, lobby)
-Great service
-Good food
-Sparkling clean rooms
-Secluded
-Sit by the pool and wait for cold towels, fresh cut fruit and ice water to be served
-Nice cooking class

Cons:
-Not close to anything other than the airport. It took 45 minutes on the free shuttle to get to Phuket Town
-Depending on where your room is, could be a long walk to the pool/beach
-Beach was not the best. We didn't even get in the water, but this was probably due to the fact that the pool was so nice.

Terrific!!

by TripAdvisor Member Xpert37

Wow, what a service and what a resort!! It has everything you need from activities, to pool, to massage/spa, and to relaxation.
The hotel is extremely well managed and the services has been excellent throughout our stay. We couldn't ask for you - their Honeymoon package was astounding!!
Just relaxed at the pool, the staff will bring you towel, ice water and sometimes fresh fruit. Enjoy the secluded beach and the beach massage for only 400 Baht (the hotel spa and massage service is of course, a lot more expensive but excellent nonetheless)!
The only drawback is that the hotel is located quite far from the Patong beach and other areas - making transportation somewhat expensive.
I recommend you rent a car (Honda Jazz or the like) for 1100 Baht a day and you can pretty much cover your tax fares to and fro the hotel.

A jewel

by TripAdvisor Member 7continents

From the welcome to the farewell this resort was amazing. Our suite was spaciouse and clean. The staff was attentive. Even though this is a timeshare property, we were not bombarded with offers to see a presentation. The pools were amazing, there really was no need to go in the ocean. During our stay, the ocean was way too rough to venture in. The only drawback is you are not very close to any sites. But we were staying here for a rest, so that was fine with us. We will definitely stay here again.

Had a wonderful, relaxing time at the Marriott

by TripAdvisor Member lcraffer

The Marriott in Phuket is not for everyone. I know people who stayed there one night and then left for another hotel in Patong because they were bored. However, if you are looking for a relaxing vacation far away from the sometimes seedy Phuket nightlife, the Marriott is an excellent choice. Our trip was in March 2004.

Here are the downsides:
1. Hotel is far away from all other resorts (1 hour drive to Patong Beach). If you are looking for nightlife, look elsewhere.
2. Minimal exposure to Thai culture near the resort (although most people don't go to Phuket for the cultural experience). The Marriott does organize various activities at the resort on certain nights of the week (for example, Street Fair night)
3. Marriott prices. Food, lodging, etc comes with a little bit of an extra price tag at the resort. It is still cheaper than the US, but not as cheap as what you can get elsewhere on the island.
4. Timeshare pitches. Just tell them you are under 25 years old and have no money and they will leave you alone.

Our experience:

We arranged for the hotel to pick us up from the airport (a quick, 15 minute drive, cost $25). They sent a beautiful, new Mercedes. It was great to just get wisked into the car, far away from the other travelers who were haggling with taxi drivers. There were cold, Kaffir lime scented towels for us in the backseat, along with glasses of Evian water. We were greated with orchid lai's and mojiotos when we arrived at the hotel. Not a bad way to start a much needed vacation.

We stayed in the two bedroom villas for part of our stay, and the main hotel for the remaining few days. Both were wonderful. The hotel room was spacious and beautiful and included an excellent breakfast buffet. We also got a huge, free, basket of tropical fruit when we arrived in our hotel room. I would highly recommend staying in the hotel just for the breakfast if you don't need the extra space. The two bedroom villa was also wonderful and we stayed in and ordered room service out on our terrace on a few nights. Everything seemed brand new and very high quality in both the villas and the hotel.

The hotel grounds were beautiful, and there were several pools to choose from. The beach was deserted b/c it is a protected nature reserve. You could walk for miles in either direction. The Marriott provided beach chairs for day time use, but you had to bring them back to the hotel when you were finished. The only vendors on the beach were the women offering hour long thai massages ($5-10, I think). I did it one day, because the prices at the Marriott spa were a little bit too high for my tastes.

The Marriott provided a free shuttle to Phuket town, Patong Beach, and several other location on the island. We went to Patong Beach one night for dinner and shopping. The Marriott also could arrange snorkeling tours, boat trip, etc... for a range of prices. There were several restaurants within the resort - we usually ordered the seafood pad thai ($5??) to eat by the pool every day. The pool attendants were great - they changed your towel each time you got it wet after swimming, refilled ice water glasses frequently, brought cold, and brought you lime scented towels and fresh fruit a few times a day. (i loved those towels!). There were also several bars with very good tropical drinks around the pool areas. There was also a bakery/sandwich shop, a small market, and a few upscale clothing and souvenier shops within the resort.

We did do one arranged snorkeling tour, which we really enjoyed, but for the most part we stayed at the Marriott and just relaxed. They have a lot of free activities - fitness center, free bike rentals, etc to keep you busy during the day, and a full spa. I really want to go back there the next time I am in Thailand. It was a fantastic vacation.

A Great Resort Experience

by TripAdvisor Member stappm

Well, what can I say - we have Marriott time share..... so we're at the Marriott again.... This time in Phuket, we're beginning to get their concept. Here on the island the Marriott is about a 40 minute drive to "town". A great place for couples and families, I guess. Someone who doesn't want to leave the hotel, perfect for someone who is not really interested in seeing "Thailand", trying local food, or meeting the locals. They do have a Thai Night Market, that is an attempt at local color. It does have the Marriott feel.

The Marriott has made it rather difficult to leave this resort, literally. One must order a Taxi, preferably an hour in advance, or you can take a Shuttle bus, but be warned the times of the shuttle are inconvenient, and drop-off/pick-up locations out of the way and restrictive. You are really better off in a cab. Plus the cab drivers will wait for you (cabs back to the hotel can be hard to find) for an additional, however nominal, fee (round trip and 3 hr wait 1500 BHT).

The hotel has 5 restaurants, however surprisingly none of them Thai?!@#$ All very good, but VERY western. Cucina is the "Best Italian in Asia" and quite good - reminded me very much of a place back home (you know pretty much any trendy Italian place you can think of)

The spa is beautiful, and I just recently saw it on one of the Top Spa Destinations in the World on one of those travel shows. You can expect to pay the same price for services as you would back home ($60 to $120 per treatment). However you can get a much better massage from one of the masseuses on the beach (MUCH cheaper too 300 BHT - less then 10 bucks!) The hotel offers activities from learning to scuba to beach fitness classes, however come rain they cancel them with no back up plan....

I dropped by here on my 2nd, 3rd & 4th visit to Thailand - on the 2nd right after the Tsunami - and it was still there, they had made a quick recovery and there were no signs of the Tsunami disaster there (besides vacancy rate.)

A Special Place

by TripAdvisor Member thrplms

We spent a week here in the Timeshares. As far as the property is concerned, it is incredible. Facilities, service levels, grounds, and amenities were all extraordinary.
There is plenty to do on property. There are 5 restaurants, and one of them, contrary to a previous post, is Thai. However, if you do want to go to town, it's not easy. My major criticism of the hotel is lack of adequate transport options. Shuttles are few and inconveniently timed, which is odd since they're not free anyway. It seems like better arrangements could be made.
Despite that criticism, I would return to this hotel again and again. It has a special feel, and I wish I could hear one more gentle " Swadee-kaa" greeting.

First Time in Phuket

by blackace

My wife and I were fortunate to visit Phuket as we were provided free accomodations at the Marriott Phuket. The island is all what it is hyped up to be. There is a three lane highway linking the island north to south, east to west and the real estate is booming. A number of foreigners, mostly Caucasians, are visiting the island and the local authorities are projecting to generate US$ 2 Billion in tourism related revenue this year. However, I wasn't that impressed. The beaches are not that great ..... it's difficult to swim in because the waves are strong and there is a immediate drop in the beach depth. In addition, it's quite hard to communicate because Thais are not conversant in English. At least it made me appreciate what we have in the Philippines.

JW Marriott Phuket restaurants

by aversonne

We'll be staying at the JW Marriott Phuket in january..any comments about the restaurants in the hotel? which is good and which to avoid? cheers!

RE: JW Marriott Phuket restaurants

by bkk_kd

Having visited the JW several times, I've eaten at all of their f&b outlets. All are good, maybe even very good. None are what I'd call "exceptional". Depending upon how long you will stay and how often you plan to eat at the JW, it may make sense for you to consider buying a "Marriott Gold Card". Take a look at www.marriottgoldthailand.com for more information. E.g., if travelling as a couple, with the card you will get 50% off the food-only portion of your bills at the JW.

RE: RE: JW Marriott Phuket restaurants

by TedKarma

Siam Deli at the JWM is probably the best bakery/deli on the island. Try the sticky buns - out of the oven at 10AM, but usually sold out by 11AM.

RE: JW Marriott Phuket restaurants

by Fra.da.

La Cucina is excellent. There is then a restaurat by the seaside (called Fish Market) in which you can choose what seafood you like and they'll cook it under your eyes. then try a pizza by the poolside, it's excellent as well, and believe me, I'm italian!! :)

JW Marriott Phuket room choice

by gatekeeperdi

We are looking to go to the JW Marriott Phuket next year.
We are unsure whether to go for the seaview rooms or terrace rooms.
We have read that the view is not that great due to the trees etc from the seaview balconies.
We have been told that the terrace rooms have a larger patio area but is this private?
Has anybody stayed in either of these rooms? Any information in helping us make our final choice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks Di

RE: JW Marriott Phuket room choice

by johnaalex

Di

I stayed there about 18 months ago and I do think you're right about the trees blocking views. As for terrace versus seaview I cannot really comment, but I don't think either had "private" patio areas. It is a very nice hotel with great service, but in a rather remote part of the island.

Regards