Karon Princess Hotel Phuket

Booking.com Agoda.com Tingo.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 37% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• 3 star hotel Karon Beach Phuket

Very pleasant modern hotel across the road from the beach at Karon Beach Phuket. Comfortable rooms and pleasant service, quite convenient location. Good value if you are looking for a pleasant 3 star mid range price hotel at Karon Beach.

Unique Quality: Very good value in the low season

Directions: Karon Beach Road

More about Karon Princess Hotel Phuket

Karon Princess Hotel

by JohnandSuzie about Great hotel

This hotel is in a central location about half way between Patong beach ( 7kms ) and Kata beach. The rooms are what you would expect for this price range..........double bed, aircon, TV, mini bar reasonable bathroom and free breakfast included which is also not bad with a good choice. The hotel is oblong shapped with the resturant at the front by the road which is not busy and the swimming pool at the rear. When we were there a hotel next door was being built but the noise didn't really bother us. There is a poolside bar which sells large fantastic cocktails.
Two points to note here is
1.the beach infront of the hotel is dangerous to swim in at certain times of the year so you either take the risk or have to travel to another beach
2.The resort here is spread out and not at all busy with a few resturants next to the hotel and the rest in Karon town which is about a 20 minute walk.
There is a Taxi/Tuk Tuk stop outside the hotel but these are very expensive, about 500 TB to patong so if you've got the nerve hire a scooter out. We hired out 2 scooters for 2 weeks at £2 a day each but be careful because this is without insurance. We had a punture in one one day and it was down to us to sort it out and pay for it...............all part of the experience again
There is also quite a big market next to the hotel
I would definately recommend this hotel but only to people that would be okay with hiring a car or scooters Couldn't fault anything

I should have been dead in Phuket

by LolaSanFrancisco

"Karma, good luck, lucky, call it what you want"

I was to be on the Beach in Phuket that day!
Due to a strange freak of events3 weeks before we were to leave to on vacation to Phuket over x-mass and New Years my airline tickets were canceled. I and Palie were to be in Phuket the very day of the tsunami. Our hotel that we were staying in was the KARON PRINCESS on KARON BEACH. It’s crazy crazy crazy to think about it too hard, because I know how we travel. We travel in 2 rooms, and are picky about where we stay so I know I would have wanted to be on the ground floor, beach front room, and at 9:00am that morning I would still be asleep after a long night of drinking with Palie. Palie would have been up and around most likely setting on the sandy beach drinking her coffee waiting for me to get my drunkass up and going. It’s one thing to think about me getting washed away, but to consider losing Palie even for a few hours, I would have stroked out on just that issue alone. My heart goes out to the survivors and all the goodness that I can squeak out of my lump of coal for a heart goes to them.

>>>>PHOTO INFO>>>>>>>>>>>>
A Thai woman goes through salvaged items outside her house in Khao Lak, nearly 115 km north of the Thai resort island of Phuket on December 29, 2004. Corpses rotted in the tropical sun from India to Indonesia on Wednesday and many who escaped death from one of the worst tsunamis in history fought for survival against thirst and disease. REUTERS/Adrees Latif

"Unlucky reservation number 285306"

How the air was canceled

I'm a travel agent and the program I used to make the reservation had this issue where when we tried to upgrade our hotel (the reason was that we wanted to be as close to the sand of the beach as possible! ah!) but after I added the new hotel it deleted the air with it. I was totally flippen mad, and the company tried to get it back but couldn't because the air was so good it was snatched up in a minute. They even waitlisted us for about 2 weeks.

"PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT"

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Office of the Spokesman

This information is current as of today, Wed Jan 05 15:51:41 2005.

Thailand

December 26, 2004

This Public Announcement is being issued to urge American citizens to avoid travel to the southwestern area of Thailand encompassing Phuket, Phi Phi Island, Krabi, and the small islands in the vicinity due to the aftermath of lethal tsunamis. US citizens in those areas are also urged to depart as soon as safe transportation is available. This Public Announcement expires on January 25, 2005.

A series of tsunami waves caused by a severe earthquake struck southwestern coastal areas of Thailand on December 26 and caused great loss of life and destruction to buildings and infrastructure in the popular resort areas of Phuket, Phi Phi Island, Krabi, and other smaller islands in that vicinity. There have been severe disruptions to normal services in these areas, including hotels and telephone services. As a result, the Department of State urges that American citizens avoid all non-emergency travel to those areas.

Americans living or traveling in Thailand are encouraged to register with the US. Embassy in Bangkok through the State Department's travel registration website at https://travelregistration.state.gov. American citizens may also obtain up-to-date information on security conditions by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada, and 317-472-2328 from overseas.

Further Department of State travel information, including the complete text of the Consular Information Sheet for Thailand is available at the Department of State's web site: http://travel.state.gov.

Hotels on Karon Beach

by davidmiles

We are thinking about staying on Karon Beach from middle of March for a week. Can anyone help with information or comments on hotels such as Karon Beach, Karon Princess or South Sea? We like to be on or very near the beach, prefer an intimate hotel with a bit of quality. Also a nice pool helps, as do local restaurants. Decided that perhaps Patong might be a bit loud.

Re: Hotels on Karon Beach

by sandy199x

Hello davidmiles,

I reccommended Karona Resort and Spa. You can see rate below.

Comments