Kata Palm Resort And Spa

Agoda.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• lovebeach's Profile Photo

Value-For-Money

Stayed there for 4N in May 2008. Booked it via Sawadee.com. Reviews were all great except that the breakfast was bad. So I went there prepared that breakfast is horrid. Either the resort had read the reviews and reacted to it or that the reviewers have high expectations. Breakfast was very usual ala other places. In fact, it is much better than those in other resorts. Room was good. They have 4 pools...wow. 2 wading pools for the kids and 2 for adults. Of course, I just stayed at the resort in the pool most of the time. Relaxing. It is not your noisy kids resort. Even though the resort had full occupancy, the resort seems empty during the day, except breakfast time. It was total packed then. All those on tour packages were rushing to go on board their buses for the island trip.

There is sand play area for the kids too with lots of toys. Again...I must add, even though there were kids, you cannot hear them. Amazing. Bliss.

Unique Quality: 4 pools of course. And the location...it is one street away from the beach. The beach is too crowded for my liking. The resort is good enough for me. The Superior Room was spacious. Love the rain shower.

They have the pool access rooms. Yes, you'll see strangers swimming past your rooms. Good thing is that they can't peep in. Something was done to the windows to ensure nosy strangers don't get to see you. I was on the upper level. There were 2 girls, who didn't know that I was standing at my window, removed their tops to apply their sunblock and pull on their top again. Or maybe they did know?

More about Kata Palm Resort And Spa

Phuket turned out better than expected

by lovebeach

The last time I went to Phuket was probably a decade ago...yes, I'm old. Remembered it as a noisy place. It might be because I stayed at Patong Beach. Did drive up to the other beaches but didn't leave any lasting impression.

Hence the suggestion to visit Phuket wasn't very well received by me but Trengganu's resorts had lost its appeal and we needed to find new places. So, with much skepticism, I went ahead with the suggestion. We flew there via budget airline. This is my first time on budget airline and it is great value for money. Tiger Airline was good. Everything went smoothly. i think it is okay for those less than 175cm in height and less than 75kg in weight. Anything more and the seats will prove to be a challenge.

Got there safely and took a cab from their airport. It was about S$25 from their airport to Kata Beach. Despite being a registered airport transfer, the taxi driver took us to a shop on the pretext that he had to sign some papers. A pretty girl was waiting for us at the shop, encouraging us to confirm with them on our transfers back to the airport and to book some land packages / island trips with them. Glad that it was just these things that they were pushing. We confirmed the transfers back with them. When we got to the hotel, we found out that the pricing they quoted was cheaper than that provided by the hotel. So it wasn't that much of a nasty experience.

Kata Palm Resort looked every bit that is on their website. Its location is 5 mins walk from the beach. The beach is too crowded for my liking hence we stayed in the resort most of the time. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience. We love it so much that we are already planning on our next trip back there. We might stay at Kata Palm if we are sticking to the same beach. Alternatively, we might explore one of the islands.

Kata Palm Resort or SUgar Palm Resort In Kata which is better??

by jekie

Hi everyone!!

Can you please give feedback which is the better resort to stay in, Sugar Palm in Kata or the Kata Palm resort? Their rates on latestay.com is almost the same with Kata Palm being 50baht higher. I understand that its the rainy season in Phuket and sometimes the beach isnt swimmable because of the current so was thinking of a hotel that we can still enjoy swimming by the pool.

Please please let me know asap as we need to book it for this coming weekend.

Thanks so much!

Re: Kata Palm Resort or SUgar Palm Resort In Kata which is better??

by sarahreynold

I prefer Sugar Palm kata, be sure before booking you get a good deal, I don't use latestays, check around for the best deals as there are bargain rates at the moment, Sugar Palm including tax and service should be no more than 750 a night at the moment, that is available on Asiaoz, Beachsiam, Ratestogo and others, there are also other bargains.
It is the rainy season, be very wary of swimming in the sea even if it looks calm.

Re: Kata Palm Resort or SUgar Palm Resort In Kata which is better??

by jekie

Thanks Sarah!

Yes I heard its the rainy season, so i'm pretty desparate to get advise on the hotels because if the undercurrent is quite strong & not safe to swim in the beach I dont want to risk it so wanted a hotel where we get to enjoy the pool.

So SUgar Palm is a better choice than Kata Palm?

Best,