Value Score Poor Value
Good For Solo
Kata Poolside Resort
The Kata Poolside Resort is on Kata Road at Kata Beach so location is very good. We paid 1800baht a night walk in rate for a Deluxe Pool Access room which also included free wifi and breakfast.
There are not many rooms that face the pool which is quite small, nowhere near as big as it looks on their website and most of the pool chairs have towels on them very early in the morning. Our Deluxe Pool Access room was quite big and nicely fitted out with a very comfortable king size bed and it was nice to have 2 chairs in the room instead of the standard one, plus 2 chairs on the balcony.
Now our room is a pool access but this was quite difficult due to it just being a ladder down into the pool, getting out was even worse as the rungs of the ladder do not go down far enough, so this would be a huge problem for many people.
The breakfast buffet was good with a lot of selections and the food was hot. They need to get rid of the tailor who has a shop on the premises, it was so annoying as you have to walk past him to get in or out of the hotel, you would think after the first time he would get the message but of course he didn’t!
A lovely small hotel
I will definitely choose this hotel if I am back in Kata Beach! Very friendly staff, clean and value for money!
Drawback is it is not overlooking the beach but with the beach only 20 steps away, I dont need need my room to have a seaview, I would rather be in the sea myself! ;)
More about Kata Poolside Resort
Phuket In July 06
I am planning a trip to Phuket in July 06 and have some questions:
1) Has anyone stayed at Baan Karon Hill Phuket resort?Feedback and reviews on this place would be much appreaciated.
- How far is it from the beach?
- It sounds isolated. Are there any eateries, shops within walking distance from this place?
- How much for a tuk tuk ride from Airport to Karon beach?How much from Patong to Karon on tuk tuk?
- Any recommendations on accomadation on/near Karon beach within the 700B/nite - 1000B/nite range would be appreaciated.
2) Would ferry rides to Phi Phi islands be stopped if seas get too rough in July?
- Are there any accomadations on Phi Phi Ley?How much would it cost in mid July? I am not planninng to book.Is this OK? as i only plan to head over to Phi Phi after my 2 day in Phuket.
This site has been an immense help to my travel plans. Thanks so much for all the feedback.
RE: Phuket In July 06
If the seas / weather are bad boats will normaly be canceled, you are going in the rainy season but prices are real low, a good bargain is the Karon Whale, probably about 1,200 but only a short walk to the beach, so quite a bargain. Nice swimming pool, nice air conditioned rooms, good for the price. The Old Phuket Hotel about same price, again just a short walk across the road to the beach, rooftop pool with lovely views. For around 1,000 a night you don't have to down-budget so much, Kata Garden Resort air-conditioned again around the 1,100-1,200 range, also Kata Poolside resort worth looking at. Try www.patong-beach-hotels.com/karon_beach_hotels.html and also www.patong-beach-hotels.com/kata_beach_hotels.html , quite a lot of cheap places.
RE: RE: Phuket In July 06
Thanks so much for the information. I'll check out the places you mentioned. VT rocks!!!...
Popular Hotels in Phuket
60/1 Moo 6, Srisoonthorn Road, Cherngtalay, Naithon Bay, , Phuket
230 Moo 3 Mai Khao, , Phuket
15 Moo 6, Kamala Beach, Kamala, 83150, Thailand
33 Moo 4, Srisoonthorn Road, Bang Tao, Cherngtalay, Amphur Talang, , Phuket
Explore the World
- Comfort Inn Natchez
- Pan Pacific Bangkok
- Costa Club Acapulco Resort
- Comfort Inn - North Tamiami Trail
- Excelsior Copacabana Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro
- Baldwin Hotel
- Elysium Gardens Hill Resorts
- Hotel Mont-Febe
- Courtyard By Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront South
- Marlboro Inn
- Royal Camelot
- Blue Lagoon
- Best Western The Venetian Ct