Lamai Inn

209 / 19-21 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, Phuket Patong Beach, 83150, Patong Beach, Patong, 83150, Thaila

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Agoda.com

• STRATOS79's Profile Photo

BUDGET HOTEL IN PATONG 1

A small and friendly and cheap place to stay.About 5-10minutes walk from the sea or to soi bangla,good rooms with air-con,tv,minibar
    Rates start from

MAY 01--OCT31 700 TB
    JAN 11--MAR 31 & DEC 01--DEC 19 1200 TB
    DEC 20---JAN10 1500 TB
    APR 01--APR 30 & NOV 01---NOV 30 1000 TB

More about Phuket

And again - jumped about 20 times!!!!And again - jumped about 20 times!!!!

Frank and I in some dark cave!Frank and I in some dark cave!

Stevo's Burgers ChalongStevo's Burgers Chalong

Bang Tao beach, PhuketBang Tao beach, Phuket

Hiring a Longtail Boat from Patong?

by Coon&Bree

Hi Guys,

I am staying in Phuket in the Patong Beach area later this month and want to hire a longtail boat for a day to take my partner and I around to some of the Islands.

Can anyone help with any of the below information?
*How much would we be likely to pay to hire one for the day?
*Can this be done from Patong or would I need to make my way to another beach?
*What Islands you would suggest to visit that are a bit quieter than the main ones?
*Does anyone have contact deatils of someone I could use?

Any help would be much appreciated as this is a special suprise for my girlfirends birthday!

Thanks in advance...

Steve

Re: Hiring a Longtail Boat from Patong?

by earthflyer

There are no Islands to see from Patong Beach. The Main islands are to far a way to reach by longtail boat.

Best option is to take the regular ferry to Phi Phi Islands on Phi Phi Don hire a longtail boat to Phi Phi Leh where everybody goes and do some snorkling, the waters are clearer than what comes out of our taps back home.

To hire a boat on Phi Phi Don bargain hard or find a some other people to join you to bring the cost down. Everybody who goes to Phi Phi Islands will end up doing a snorkling trip on Phi Phi Leh.

Re: Hiring a Longtail Boat from Patong?

by earthflyer

Phi Phi Islands is worth a couple of nights stay if you got time.

Most tourist come to Phi Phi for lunch then go out to Phi Phi Leh for snorkling then return back to catch ferry to Phuket or Krabi. When they have gone Phi Phi is a nice quite island to chill out on defiantly worth a couple of nights, Accommodation will start around 1000 Bht.

Travel Tips for Phuket

Departure Tax

by Tina-Perth

Departure Tax rules have changed. The rate is now 700 baht (up from 500 baht) and is now usually included in your airticket price. No longer is it necessary to pay in cash at the airport as you leave.

If you need information about visas please see Thailand Visas/Immigration tip above.

Adaptors

by Cathy&Gary

Pharmacies in Phuket are great and very cheap, we buy only what we need once we get there. Take a small umbrella, you never know when you will need it!! The adaptor for Thailand is the same one used in Bali and Cambodia.

We always take a small Aussie powerboard with us as well, then we can charge everything at once if we like, eg mobile, camera, laptop etc.

Adaptors for Everywhere

Walk to the Island at Nai Yang Beach

by ann500

You can visit the little coconut tree-covered island at Nai Yang Beach by walking there during low tide and you'll probably have it all to yourself like we did (during high season). It's a nice little place to hang out but be sure to wear sports sandals or old trainers as you have to walk over some dead coral and rocks. Don't be a doofus like me and wear flip-flops 'cause you will have problems. A coral reef is off the far side of it, my husband saw some interesting things while snorkeling. We saw some locals hunting for things in the shallows around the island, maybe mussels.

You can see more about this lovely beach in my other tips.

Wines at any time

by Tina-Perth about Wine Gallery

The Wine Gallery is a beautiful shop. It was opened in the Lotus Shopping Centre in January by a Bangkokian. There are two glass showrooms/cellars of wine that are temperature controlled - as you would need in such a temperate place.

There is quite a good selection of wines compared to other liquor shops in Phuket. Prices are reasonable, 'though wine is very expensive in Thailand due to the high tax level. The good thing about this shop is that you are not restricted to the alcohol purchasing hours of other shops - you can buy all day. They are open 'til 9.00pm, but get there a little earlier as when I went there one night at 8.50pm, they had already closed.

I have encountered one problem with the shop though. They have a very strict policy that under absolutely no circumstances at all will they refund or exchange anything. I had one of the three bottles of prosecco that the cork was rotten in and had broken off. I tried to exchange it, but they would not budge on it. I told them that the wine was most likely no good, but that did not make a bit of difference. All they wanted to do for me was open it with a corkscrew. I asked them that if the wine was bad, would they exchange it then? The answer was "Cannot." : ( I like to drink champagne or sparkling wines - whatever I can get really, so this place was good because it gave me a couple of choices not available at Lotus. I have been buying an Italian Prosecco which is pretty good and on a wet season special at the moment of 3 bottles for 1,400 baht - (buy 2, get 1 free). There is another one I've bought for 1,100 baht which is a far better price than the 3,000 baht for Laurent Perrier or Moet & Chandon at Lotus. It's a New Zealand Sparkling wine, but I decided that the Prosecco was better.

Sorry no pictures, they were not permitted.

Quokka Bar

by Cathy&Gary about Quokka Bar

The Quokka Bar is one of many in Otop markets and is a favourite for Aussies to stop for a drink and cool down after walking through the markets.

Easiest way to describe where the bar is located is to go through the main entrance of the markets which is off Rat-u-Thit Rd, turn left halfway down and you will see the Quokka bar.

The girls here, Elle and Mae are a lot of fun, nice to talk to and do not annoy people at all, unlike some of the other bars in the market area.

Prices are pretty good for drinks as well.

Comments