4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Le Royal Meridien Phuket Yacht Club

Le Royal Merian Phuket Yacht Club

by norain about Le Royal Merian Phuket Yacht Club

You can see Laem Phromthep from your room. My room was a compliment, was pleasant though.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Splodge2

We stayed in the Royal Phuket Yacht Club for just over over a week just before the Tsunami hit and had a great time. We were picked up by the Hotel's driver and were immediately given cold flannels and cold water ready for our drive to Nai Harn Beach. This was great after our long flight from London via Bangkok.

We stayed on the 8th floor, our room was superb, massive canopy over the bed, long secluded patio and the view over the bay is simply stunning. The shower and bath were superb. It was very romantic.

My partner was topless throughout our stay with no problems and we sun bathed around the small pool and lower patio area overlooking the bay. We used to go down and walk around the bay every evening whilst she was topless and she did not feel uneasy. She also sunbathed nude in the privacy our our own patio.

The quarterdeck's food was very good, varied and there was always something to satisfy my taste buds! The bar does some lovely cocktails and you should try the Thai white wine!

The hotel is ideal for a quiet relaxing and romantic break, we found the staff very friendly and made us very welcome especially Niattya [excuse spelling] who was superb at making up our room twice a day. I think that that there were only a couple of Danish children in the hotel who were quiet and well behaved. Its not a children friendly hotel.

We hired a small jeep from the hotel which was horrible to drive, so avoid it and make some other arrangements. The Thai massage was superb I'm told although I only watched which was interesting! The pool is small but ok to cool down in, the sun loungers were very comfortable and plentiful.

We'll love to come back in a few years and stay another week for another quiet, relaxing and romantic weekend

Splodge
London, England

Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member madsunseekers

We stayed at the Yacht Club for Christmas and New Year.

Having read the last Dec review just before we flew out to Thailand we were slightly worried as to what we might find.

We had nothing to worry about.

The welcome we received on arrival was great, our room was lovely. Enormous shower, bed with muslin drapes around and a very large veranda that got sun most of the day, very comfy sunloungers and a gorgeous view of the bay and beach area.

Three restaurants, one either a-la carte or buffet, one italian and one down overlooking the beach that served fantastic fish amongst other dishes.

Some of the staff had slightly poor english but we didn't find this a problem. Everyone very friendly.

Our one complaint was on New Year's Eve. They had a Mardi Gras night, charging about £160 per person for a buffet. There was live music, magician etc, but we thought this was very pricey considering we had already paid a premium price for staying there over Christmas and New Year. We asked if we could eat in the Italian for a quiet intimate meal but were told that only the one restaurant was open that night.

I would recommend this hotel. It's in a very quiet location, beautiful setting and our stay was most enjoyable.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member renaes27

After reading some poor reviews of this resort, I had to let people know, that I have only experienced a great time staying here. I first visited on my honeymoon in Oct 2004 and returned last year in 2005 with a group of 11 friends and relatives. We all had a fantastic time. We found the staff to be very attentive and helpful and always had a smile for you.

We ate most meals at the quarterdeck restaurant, mainly thai a la carte, the food was excellent and very reasonable when converted into Aus$. I loved the seclusion of this resort and the lovely nai harn beach.

For me personally, I can't complain about this resort, however I havent' stayed in a lot of 5 star resorts and haven't stayed in any other hotels in Phuket so I can't really compare.

Wonderful hotel !!

by TripAdvisor Member PaulC-7

We have just got back from our third visit to the PYC, what a great hotel this is - the service, food, and especially the staff. I would certainly recommend the Regatta restaurant in the hotel it was wonderful. The Royal Spa is excellent and the prices are not bad for a hotel Spa.

My only concern is that the hotel is starting to need a refubishment - however, its still an amazing hotel and a true 5 star!

The Best views in Phuket

by TripAdvisor Member Pedritocalheiros

It was my second time in Phuket and before choosing the Hotel I've researched a lot.
At the end it was the right choice, beautiful location, best view in the world, excellent food, friendly staff, and last but not the least the most magnificent rooms with an astonishing view.

If you want to rest I assure you it's the best option in the Island!

Its ok!

by TripAdvisor Member Richp

I should say I was probably spoiled after having spent a few days in the Peninsula Bangkok, however I can't help feel vaguely disappointed with the Yacht Club. Firstly, you'll be lucky if you see any yachts and sailing opportunites are limited to borrowing the hotels hobie-cat. I thought the room was looking a bit tired as some other reviewers have commented and the bizarre artexing throughout the resort reminded me of the inside of a cheap curry restaurant. I thought the service in the Quarterdeck bar and restaurant was ok but at times very slow (30 mins to get one drink on one occasion). The Regatta restaurant does a very good serivce. One thing that did get on my nerves is the hotels insistence on a dress code in the restaurants - fine by me, but for heavens sake why don't they enforce it? While eating in their fine dining restaurant (Regatta) there were people in shorts and sandals, with their vile children running everywhere.
The pool is small and the poolside service was almost absent - they will not ask you if you want anything. They will also only provide 2 tiny bottles of drinking water in the rooms, which given you cannot drink the tap water, is not nearly enough. A bottle of water by the pool is about 150Bt (about £2.50!) which I think is just rude. They will provide more water on request - but phoning housekeeping every day gets a bit tiresome.
I was a bit annoyed to be presented with a £1000 bill for accommodation when this had been paid upfront, although to be fair they sorted this out.
If you do stay here - don't bother with their car service. It might be a Merc (fairly elderly) but there is an excellent taxi available just outside the hotel who will take you the the airport for only 800 Baht. Incidentally you can get the airport Limousine service to take you to the hotel for 650Bt, which is a bargain.
One thing I will say - the location is great if you like seclusion, but its a long way to Patong if you fancy a night out. The beach is lovely, although somewhat spoiled by a few mangy dogs. The hotel staff on the beach are pretty good though and we never had a problem getting sunbeds and a parasol.
Overall - I don't really think I would go back. Banyan Tree next time....

I Loved It!!

by TripAdvisor Member LimitedEdition

Big thank you to all the staff at the Le Royal meridian Yatch Club..The rooms are huge each with a CD and DVD player..The balconys are Terracotta tiled with double deck chairs and out door entertaining area..Overall a great stay..I read with interest some of the previous posts about this hotel and connot believe the nit picking about trivial problems..This is a romantic style hotel and with the right company you will have a terrific time..We did..

loved it

by TripAdvisor Member jadeh

loved this hotel! very personal service and good food and drinks! also i was suprised at the excellent quality of the hotel laudrette. the entertainment is the only let down as it is usually 1 person with a instrument! very close to sea and close to 1 or 2 shops and restaurants but not many! in all a great holiday. if you expecting a great yacht holiday there are limited yacht use!

Good Hotel but you can feel a bit trapped

by TripAdvisor Member TravelinMonty

We stayed at the yacht club as a 3 night stopover during our Honeymoon. The hotel is way off the beaten path. Which means you are held hostage to their services. It is a pretty good hike from Patong. There are a couple of OK restaurants outside the hotel gate that you can seek some refuge at without having to take a half an hour ride to get anywhere.

We went to Thailand and Bali for a month and stayed at a lot of high end resorts... many starwood like the meridien. The one thing that made this resort stand out from the rest was that we got just about the best deal on the room rate but because they have you trapped, they know you dont have the option of going across the street to a 7-11 or to the bar next door. So you get fleeced by them. The prices aren't any different than what you would find in the carribean but no where near what you come to expect in Thailand. We stayed 6 days in Koh Samui(where prices are higher as a whole are higher than anywhere in thailand) at the Buri Rasa, which was head and shoulders above the meridien and not for a second did we ever feel taken advantage of. They take advantage of any opprtunity to get an extra few bucks from you. Frankly I would've been a lot happier if the just charged us a couple of thousand more Baht on the room rate and had reasonable prices on everything else.... i think it would work out better for everyone involved :) We would've left happier and spent more money at their resort.

If you dont mind being insulated while paying 320++ baht for a drink than you will probably like the Royal Meridien. What they managed to do better than most, were the balconies. From what it appeared was that each room has a totally private balcony with a spectacular view and a couple of lounge chairs and a chair and table... very spacious and absolutely private. The only peole we could possibly ever see from our balcony were on the beach and that was about 500 meters away! We had a deluxe room, so I am not sure whether all balconies were as spacious, as you were not able to see any others.

The service was very pleasant in the restaurant and at the front desk. There is very little service by the pool or the beach.

On a whole we didn't care for Phuket as much as most other areas we had been to. Patong is pretty seedy and Phuket town is sketchy. The highlight of Phuket was not even on Phuket, it was the Phi Phi islands... by far the most beautiful scenery and water in thailand. Reninscent of the south pacific islands. My advice is if you dont need the pampering than you should stay in one of the beach hut places on Phi Phi Don.

Nai Harn Beach

by HoNaM8

I Just wanna to know:-

1)how far this Nai Harn beach from phuket airport?
2)how i want to go from airport to this Nai Harn Beach?
3)What resort/hotel/hostel i can get there?
4)can i get the hotel name,contact n price?

Re: Nai Harn Beach

by phuketstar

hi ,

1) its about one hour drive.
2) you can tack a taxi from the air port to get there , as well as a taxi miter on the far end of the parking area , price should be around 600++ ,
3) hotels there:The Mangosteen Resort & Spa
Sabana Resort
The Sands Nai Harn
4) hotel info , and price you can get at this link:

Re: Nai Harn Beach

by Quero

The answers above are all correct, except that the Mangosteen is not on Nai Harn beach. It's back in the jungle in the region of Nai Harn. Also, note that the Sands is a serviced apartment lodging. Additonally, not far from Nai Harn, accessed by a small road through the car park of the Meridien, is Ao Sane beach (Jungle Beach) with the lovely little hotel Baan Krating.

Patong Merlin Information From Received Email

by Thaiholiday

Hi Guys

I have just received this email from the Merlin Hotel Group...It will give you an idea of the actual status of the hotel.

"Thank you very much for your e-mail.

By now, the report we get is all of staffs and most of our guests are safe. This couple of days, we are all focus on our guests and help them back home safely.

Our first action on Sunday, we were moved most of our guests from Patong Merlin Hotel and Merlin Beach Resort to stay at Phuket Merlin Hotel (a city hotel in Phuket town) that night. For Khaolak Merlin Resort, we moved guests to stay at safety place, staff hostel and some stay at Phuket Merlin Hotel also.

Most of tourists are going to the airport during these days.

Our hotel could not operate for a while (around 3 months), we estimate around 50% of the hotel is damage, as most of ground floor and landscapes are dirty.

We would like to express our sincere thanks again for your warm message of sympathy.

With best regards,

Fax. 66 2 254-2669"

Re: Patong Merlin Information From Received Email

by 3ele

Hello

Could you say what's happend with the Le Meridien Beach Resort? Is it destroyed or what?
Thanks a lot for the information!
Good luk for the future!

Björn

Re: Re: Patong Merlin Information From Received Email

by CliffClaven

From the Meridien Hotels website:

"We are pleased to report that all guests at Le Méridien Phuket Beach Resort were evacuated to safe areas and have all been accounted for. Damage has been sustained to the swimming pools and other recreational areas externally, and to a limited extent the restaurants and other public areas on the ground floor. The lower ground floor operational areas remain under water, preventing the restoration of key services to the hotel. The general manager, Philippe Seigle, and his team are working to ensure the safe and rapid restoration of the property.

Communications with Le Méridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort, Thailand is improving and we can confirm that all guests have been evacuated to alternative hotels in Phuket or transferred to hotels in Bangkok. The hotel will remain closed until damage assessments and repairs have been completed. It is with our deepest regret that we report that two guests are still missing and seven guests and 12 staff succumbed to the tidal wave. The general manager of the hotel, Jean-Louis Ripoche remains at the hotel, working with local authorities to re-establish communications and assist guests and staff affected in this catastrophe.

Le Royal Méridien Phuket Yacht Club sustained no damage to the property and all guests are accounted for. The hotel is fully operational."

Comments