Phuket Hotels

Our Members Say

• HebaM profile photo HebaM
  • Reviews: 125

2W Cafe & Hostel: Amazing hostel in Phuket Town

I really enjoyed my stay there!

I planned to spend an overnight because I have to catch the ferry to phi phi the next morning but I liked there a lot so I shorted my trip to phi phi and returned back again and stayed extra 3 nights.

The Staff were SUPER great and nice, they helped me a lot. The entire place is spotless clean, the ladies dorm is small but cozy and very comfy, excellent WIFI.

I really loved the location; very live and safe you can find everything you need from shopping malls, ATM machines, Massage salons and restaurants and most important away from tourists, bars and loud music.

The price is very reasonable especially during the peak season (I paid 399 baht for a dorm bed)

They arranged everything for me the airport pick up, the ferry ticket and the elephant safari

They also have a nice cafe they serve yummy food at a reasonable prices

I highly recommended and I’ll stay there every time I am in Phuket

Thank you so very much guys for wonderful stay and great hospitality

Friendly atmosphere, clean, safe and great location

• Related to: Budget Travel, Women's Travel, Backpacking
  • Written January 25, 2014

• saleemg profile photo saleemg
  • Reviews: 59

Pullman Arcadia Naithon Beach: Great place to relax

A class resort, doing justice to the upmarket brand of Accor. It all started with a very impressive reception, which is one of the trademarks of Pullman. The hostess greeted us (Ms Pam?) with a very warm welcome, right at the bottom of the hotel steps, and ushered us from our cab all the way to the reception. The check-in was a breeze and our family was made to relax in the lounge by Ana with a welcome drink, whilst the formalities were being taken care of. The Duty Manager James was very professional in personally approaching us to convince me that I may not prefer a room upgrade (being a Gold Privilege member), as he had assigned ideal adjacent Ocean View rooms for our family which would suit us perfectly...and it sure did. Subsequently, we were gracefully ushered to our rooms by Ms Pao, explaining the finer details of the property.

During our stay of 4 days, the customer service of the entire staff was just fantastic, as they are proactive, responsive, warm, professional and eager to help. Be it the concierge, receptionists, restaurant staff, room boys, housekeeping staff.. I hope this attitude sustains, as I am aware that this is a fairly new property and with time, normally staff motivation gets jaded.

Overall, The Ocean Rooms in which we stayed at, are very well appointed with posh amenities. Small details such as lighting in the room (which was lacking in previous Pullman hotels I had stayed in) is well taken care of. The lighting and plug points are ample to suit different requirements and the switches / plug points are conveniently located with a practical / convenience viewpoint.

The colour combination for the room interiors is also quite elegant and bright, as opposed to dull / gloomy dark brown colours scheme in some other Pullman properties I have stayed at.

The balcony provides spectacular view of the Andaman sea (Naithon bay), and one can just relax on the comfortable sofa-couch.

The hotel pools are simply beautiful whilst the whole ambience of the hotel is breathtaking and relaxing. There is also an easy access to the beach, though the beach is not very great, however, not bad either !

The hotel has some nice restaurants serving varied cuisine. The breakfast is excellent with lots of variety, including hot dishes and some live cooking.

Just one constructive feedback...surprisingly, room service did not have any fresh fruit juices or even coconut water on offer, which is surprising for a resort. The hotel staff was however kind enough to buy fresh coconuts from the beach on our behalf. Also, the room door bell is hardly audible, especially if you are in the balcony.

Had read some earlier feedback regarding mosquito infestation, which was not apparent during our stay. It seems that the hotel has acted upon the feedback and taken some effective measures. Also, overall housekeeping was of very good standards.

The check-out was also as smooth as check-in, and was closed with a very warm personal farewell by the same hostess who greeted us...she accompanied us all the way to the airport transfer coach.

Just a note, the hotel is in an isolated area, quite far off from the city. However, there are some small shops / shacks just outside the hotel selling fruits, a small exchange kiosk, small restaurants (not too impressed with hygiene) and a small supermarket.

All in all, we had a great relaxing experience with family !

Magnificent views, fantastic hospitality, quality / posh rooms.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written June 25, 2013
Tip Photo

Hotel pool and lounge view

• saleemg profile photo saleemg
  • Reviews: 59

Novotel Phuket Resort: Excellent value for money

A very good value for money. Excellent location, overlooking the Patong Bay, away from the madding crowds, however, minutes walk from the shopping and happening area of Patong.

The views are spectacular, whilst the hotel ambience is very relaxing. Staff is very courteous and helpful, though they lack in the finesse of 4 star facility....however, same is well compensated by their sincerity and helpful nature.

Rooms : The Ocean Room at the Dahlia wing is a bit stuffy and jaded and a bit too close to the main road though overlooking the beach. View is marred by the electric wires.

The Ocean View room at the Hibiscus wing is excellent, especially if you are lucky in getting the corner room. Here the view is unhindered and the rooms are well kept. Only downside for Arab / Asian community is that the rooms here do not have water hose in the toilet, as opposed to the rooms in Dahlia wing.

Hotel restaurants: Breakfast is quite normal and nothing exceptional to wtite about. Same is served at the Coffee House restaurant. The Old Fisherman's restaurant serves seafood, however, nothing great about it. Tried their seafood buffet which was very basic, though reasonably priced at around BHT 600 per person.

Just a walk down from the hotel, there are numerous restaurants and the food stalls at Bangla street are 10 minute walk. Bang opposite he hotel is Baan Kalim restaurant serving seafood and other delights (see restaurant reviews). For good Halal food, Kusuma Food stall is 15 min walk (see restaurant review).

Spa - basic spa and massage facility with good staff.

Poolside - multi level pool is especially a hit with families and children.

Tennis court - daily tennis lessons in the morning.

General - read some previous adverse reviews about the walking distances / climb and wifi coverage. Frankly, did not find the walk either long or much uphill.....expected of any resort hill area. The hotel staff are extremely helpful in providing buggy assistance, as and when required and the service is very prompt. Regarding Wifi, the Hotel GM has apparently lived up to his assurance to some of the previous guests, as the wifi coverage was quite reliable through-out my week's stay at the resort.

Would like to thank all staff, especially Kathy at front office, concierge, spa team and the security personnel for their warmth and helpfulness.

Spectacular view of Patong / Kalim bay; friendly staff; proximity to the town, yet away from the hustle bustle. Tranquil environment with nice step pools.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel
  • Written June 22, 2013
Tip Photo

The Hibiscus wing of the resort

• NineDon profile photo NineDon

Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach: Pullman Phuket

This is a beautiful new hotel about 5 minutes walk from the beach. As it is on a cliff overlooking the ocean, you can choose to either walk down some stairs from the hotel pool directly to the beach, or take the hotel tuk tuk which is available at any time. There are a few restaurants on the beach serving thai/ western food at reasonable prices. Also a handful of massage places along the beach. There is one minimart in the middle. Do not expect vibrant nightlife like in patong; naithon beach is a quiet area with only that one street and is located about 10 minutes drive from phuket airport. Waves were quite big when we were there (May 2013) with very clean, clear water.

The hotel really made our trip extremely memorable- the room was large, comfortable with fantastic ocean view (we booked deluxe ocean view), well stocked with all the things you might need (umbrellas, bath robes, very nice-smelling toiletries, wine glasses, bottle opener, free soft drinks and mineral water, beach basket, insect repellant, etc.), free wifi with very good connection throughout entire hotel, nice buffet breakfast (try the pastries) and very good service staff who all speak english quite well and with a smile. Check out the italian restaurant in the day, it has a great view and really good pasta, although it is slightly on the pricy side.

Pool, Italian Restaurant, Breakfast

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 21, 2013

Pool Villa

• morochaargentina profile photo morochaargentina
  • Reviews: 102

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Simplitel: EXCELLENT Hotel close to the beach! (Karon)

We come for 2 nights and decided to extend 4 more nights! This hotel is THAT good! The rooms are beautiful, lots of space to move around + good space and drawers to put your cloths + super clean. We also had a balcony overlooking the mountains and the sea, superb! Another GREAT thing for us was that the desk is HUGE so we can both work from the desk. The bed is super comfortable, great water pressure and SUPER FAST FREE internet.

They also have a nice little gym, all the typical cardio equipment PLUS weights! And 3 computers to check internet for free.

The breakfast was very good, including an egg station for fresh, made to order meals. The people at the front desk is SUPER friendly, they make you feel very welcome, plus they have a "can do" attitude which is not the norm in Thailand (we asked for an extra chair for the desk "yes, no problem!")

VERY good location: The hotel is 2 blocks away from Karon beach, there is a 24 hour mini market downstairs and lots of bars and restaurants walking distance. PERFECT hotel and a GREAT value!

PS: we come from a hotel that was advertised "free internet" and when we got there you had to pay for it. I am glad because we would have missed this gem!

beautiful new hotel, very comfortable and with excellent service and great location. great value!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Business Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written May 18, 2012
Tip Photo

The mountain view from our balcony

• Johanes profile photo Johanes

Niku Guesthouse: Accommodation in central Patong

Try the guesthouses in front of Royal Paradise Hotel. I can recommend Niku Guesthouse.
They have rooms for any wallet and request of comfort.

Restaurant and close to entertainment zones and beach.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Study Abroad
  • Written April 18, 2012

Front of guesthouse

• chasingrainbow profile photo chasingrainbow
  • Reviews: 5

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Oddy: Hip,small hotel

this hotel catch my eyes with it;s colourfull design. yes, it's kitsch, retro, vintage, industrial, mixed with unique taste.
the hotel is located about 10-15 minutes walk to Jungceylon mall, because the area is behind the mall. to Patong beach takes 25-30 minutes.
at night you can try Thai cheap side stalls next to Banzaan Market / in front of Bangla Boxing Stadium (10 min walk)
no elevator, free internet on the lobby
there;s a Family Mart and chicken/BBQ stall on the main road, 2 min walk

hip, funky decor cool & bright lobby hotel

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, School Holidays
  • Written April 13, 2012

the oddy

• rebeccacomment profile photo rebeccacomment

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sensive Hill: Most terrible Hotel in Phuket! Nightmare!

I normally don't write reviews about hotels cos I'm easy when I'm traveling. But the recent stay at Sensive Hill Phuket had tramatised me and my friends so much that I have decided to write a review to warn other travelers.
We were staying at Sensive Hill Phuket recently. Despite its good review, the room was horrible with its facilities. TV was spoilt, air con was spoilt, water dripping from ceiling, towels had moldy smell, water from tap was going on and off during our 3 days stay(imagine how I felt when I was bathing). No chairs at my balcony when I saw other guests' balconies have them, told the staff and he said I got to buy my own chairs (Yes, he did say that). Jacuzzi took 12 hours and it wasn't even half filled because of its spoilt tap.
Worst part is, when I feedback to their General Manager, Guy, he was utterly rude and impatient when I told him the problems. He said "So, that's all?" and dismissed me. I was totally shocked. Happened to hear another guest complaining to a staff about poor room facilities, the GM quickly walked away as if he didn't want to have anything to do with it.
This is the first time I have encountered such horrible service, especially after reading many good reviews from this hotel. I hope their hotel management can do something about it. Not a nice feeling when you get a horrible experience from a good reviewed hotel. We did not enjoy our 3-days stay at all.

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Spa and Resort, Family Travel
  • Written January 11, 2012

• Fred_Lion profile photo Fred_Lion

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

PHUKET SEA RESORT: MULTIPLE THEFTS AND GUEST BEATEN UP BY STAFF

AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS! During our stay we personally witnessed the following:

- 3 rooms (including ours) were visited by THIEVES, the whole safe was hacked out of the wall. The hotel provided INSUFFICIENT SECURITY -only one guard for the whole complex, no cameras, nobody at the entrance in the night- with people bringing prostitutes to their rooms without even being asked a piece of ID.
The hotel was not insured for thefts and refused to accept responsibility for our (huge) losses, only offering to waive the stay charges against a total loss tenfold that amount!

- 1 GUEST WAS SERIOUSLY BEATEN UP BY THE HOTEL STAFF (!!!), over a minor argument, which I find incredible!!! I was at the police station with him when I reported the theft and he reported the aggression and I saw personally the bruises all over his face.
There is obviously a police report filed for this case, and I hope Brian (the Irish guy who was beaten) will sue the hell out of them!

The staff is extremely unfriendly, especially the ones working at the front desk.

The only nice person is the manager, Mr. Wan, who unfortunately couldn't do much as he had to report to the daughter of the owner (a certain Mr. Somchai who refuses to answer my complaint emails) and was forced to work under the constraint of saving money on the security...at the expenses of the guests.

I hope this review can reach as many potential clients as possible, as these people only deserve to be out of business.

Here's a link to my police report to prove what I've written above (same pics under photos):

• Written December 28, 2011

Police report 1

• Cathy&Gary profile photo Cathy&Gary
  • Reviews: 802

Phuket Kata Resort: Phuket Kata Resort

During August we spent a few nights at Phuket Kata Resort in a deluxe pool access room with breakfast for 1100baht ($35), we booked this hotel through booking.com - great rates during low season! The only reason we stayed here was so we could have a couple of nights out with friends from Phuket Scuba Club, it was cheaper staying in a hotel than travelling there & back by tuk tuk!!

All of the rooms around the huge green tiled pool are deluxe pool access rooms. The rooms are nice & big, very clean, bathroom is also big, staff are helpful & friendly& there is access to the pool from your balcony. I would class this as a very good 3 star hotel.

It was also good to see 2 lots of info in the hotel folder with warnings re swimming at the beach during low season due to strong currents etc. There is also another huge swimming pool with little spa areas and sun beds set in the water!

The buffet breakfast was a nice surprise, lots of choices and everything was hot. The hotel has secure parking and is in a fantastic location. Straight out of reception is Capanninis restaurant and lots of shopping.

The beach is a 5 minute walk away. We really enjoyed our stay at Phuket Kata Resort & will definitely stay here again.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Singles
  • Written November 23, 2011

Phuket Kata Resort Deluxe Pool Access Rooms

• hanspeter_W. profile photo hanspeter_W.
  • Reviews: 1237

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

kee resort: luxurious hotel at pathong

depending on your luck what price you get you are lucky or unlucky with this new built luxury hotel at pathong..found the service kind of cold, ..equipped with most modern facilities
but in some parts wrongly constructed..small space in bathroom, no lights in gang, ascensor far to reach for some rooms, poor view from the room, poor swimming pool, gym open only at short time during the day, spa far overcharged

• Written March 26, 2011
Tip Photo

standard room at kee resort

• Cathy&Gary profile photo Cathy&Gary
  • Reviews: 802

Phuket Sea Resort Rawai Beach: Phuket Sea Resort - formerly Maalai Resort

We have stayed many times at Phuket Sea Resort which is on the beach road at Rawai Beach & the hotel is in a lovely location.

Their low season walk in rates are fantastic, we paid 1200 baht per night which included breakfast.

Everything you need like restaurants, supermarket, atm's etc are only a few meters away.

We were in a pool view room which was perfect, a few steps and you are in the pool.

The rooms are spotless, freezing air conditioning and the bed is comfortable, plus there is wireless internet, a fantastic pool bar and secure parking.

I would not stay here in high season due to no privacy, if there is anyone in the rooms on the other side of the pool you can see straight into one another's rooms. But for us in low season it is perfect and we will definitely stay at Maalai resort again.

All the staff were very helpful and friendly, they were an absolute pleasure to be around.

• Related to: Sailing and Boating, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written February 5, 2011
Tip Photo

• sheherezad profile photo sheherezad
  • Reviews: 134

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Club Med Phuket: Relax, Rewind, Rejevunate :-)

I went to Phuket 3 times alone and each time stayed at the Club Med. I also took a Club Med excursion to Phi Phi island. I avoided Patong like plague - I heard enough not to even bother going there. Since I was on a Club Med vacation I stayed in the vicinity.

All inclusive resort where you can do everything or nothing.. Great food/instant company/wonderful GOs (guest organisers)/nightly entertainment. Check out details/pics on http://www.clubmed.com.au/cm/resort-phuket-thailand-welcome_p-14-l-AE-v-PHUC-ac-vh.html

• Written December 2, 2010

• Alexkolinz profile photo Alexkolinz

Tropicoza guesthouse Patong: Tropicoza guesthouse Patong

Many of the Patong beach guesthouses have been located some distance away from the beach of Patong which is mainly due to the fact that there are not a great number of Patong guesthouses which are located very near to the beach. Anywhere near to the beach of Patong is prime real estate which is why you will find mostly high end hotels which are located near to the beach. However there are some exceptions such as the Tropicoza gueshouse Patong which is situated only 50 meters or so from the white sandy beach of Patong. So if you are looking for affordable accommodation which is close to the beach of Patong then I would definitely recommend for you to have a closer look at the Tropicoza guesthouse Patong beach. This Russian owned guesthouse Patong beach is located in Soi Wattana Clinic and there are literally 100 of restaurants, shops and bars within easy walking distance of the Phuket Tropicoza gueshouse Patong beach guesthouse. If you feel like doing some clubbing or bar hopping then please note that Bangla road is only a couple of minutes walk away from this guesthouse Patong.

The Tropicoza gueshouse Patong is one of the smallest guesthouses which I have visited in Patong beach as there are only 6 guest rooms at this Patong beach guesthouse. Please note however that not all the rooms are the same as some are bigger than the others and there are in fact 3 room types from which you can select and they are the standard rooms, superior rooms and the deluxe rooms. Only the superior and the deluxe rooms offer a balcony or private terrace. Room rates are surprisingly cheap considering the fact that the Tropicoza guesthouse Patong is located very near to the beach and the Andaman Sea. Room rates for a standard room start at around 400 Thai Baht per room per night during the low season and increase by 800 Thai Baht per room per night during the Patong beach tourist high season.

I did visit 2 available rooms during my site inspection of the Tropicoza guesthouse Patong beach and the rooms were spotless and very comfortable. I would only suggest the owners to hang perhaps some local art work on the walls or do something else in terms of better decorating the rooms. However all the rooms do come equipped with a wide range of modern amenities and facilities which include for example air-conditioning, ceiling fan, complimentary wireless internet, international television programming, safety deposit box and a fridge.

I would also like to mention that there is an outstanding restaurant on the ground floor of the Tropicoza Patong beach guesthouse. The Tropicoza restaurant sits proudly on the former location of the Cafe Spatz. If you feel like having some Russian food in Phuket then the Tropicoza Restaurant in Patong beach is definitely a place you should visit for a great meal. However other types of food are also on the menu including a large variety of Thai dishes as well as Continental European cuisine. If you are staying at the Tropicoza guesthouse Patong then you will receive a 10% discount on your food and beverage bill.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Fishing, Diving and Snorkeling, Family Travel
  • Written November 18, 2010

• lindyz profile photo lindyz
  • Reviews: 540

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Burasari pool access room: Luxury accommodation with reasonable prices

On about our 3rd day I decided I wanted to check out the larger more expensive rooms at the Burasari, just to see how the richer half of the world lives!!!

We had a look at a pool access room, and it was rather nice to say the least. The room was slightly larger, the bathroom about twice the size with a spa bath and also a much bigger tv, but the biggest plus is that you walk straight out of your room and into the pool. However, the price of these rooms was about 3 times as much as what we paid! The pool access rooms were extra 5300bt per nite ($190AUD extra per nite, so about $270) and the rooms with a balcony were an extra 2400bt per night ($85 per night extra)

All in all, these prices still represent pretty good value for money, at least when compared with Australian Hotel prices, but ..... still not as good as our $80 a night room!!!

• Written October 4, 2010
Tip Photo

Pool access room from the pool

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful