Phuket Hotels

Our Members Say

• jacque_wanderlust profile photo jacque_wanderlust
  • Reviews: 2

Villa Yamu: The Tropical Gem

I definitely enjoyed my stay at the villa. The living room and bedroom were spacious. I also liked the fact that there was a lot of space outdoors leading to the infinity pool and the view from the pool was just fantastic. The huge pool allowed me to enjoy some swim time and simply enjoy the cool water. On top of that, the awesome sea view made the perfect backdrop for my much needed R&R.

The kitchen was complete which made my stay more convenient. Also, the staff was warm and very accommodating, making sure I had everything I needed. Wonderful service!

I would definitely recommend Villa Yamu to some friends. Everyone deserves a vacation once in a while to take a break and forget about stress. And Villa Yamu is surely one place to relax and experience the best that life can offer.

I especially loved how the bedroom and living room open directly into the pool which also gave me a clear view of the ocean and the sky. Who doesn’t want to wake up to that kind of view every day? I truly enjoyed my time swimming under the sun.

• Related to: Luxury Travel
  • Written April 27, 2015
Tip Photo

Morning view direct from the room

• littlesam1 profile photo littlesam1
  • Reviews: 1243

Nap Patong Resort: Nap Patong - Perfect location

The Nap Patong Resort is a welcoming hotel with a staff that is very helpful and willing to be of service to all guests. There is an excellent restaurant at the hotel and also a bar for the perfect night cap before retiring in the evening. The hotel has a spa and a large pool for the guests. The rooms are large and comfortable. The entire hotel was spotlessly clean.

The hotel is a four star modern hotel. It is located in Patong on Phuket Island. The hotel is situated on the west coast of the island. It has a minimalistic design but still has a very warm and welcoming feel. It has 86 rooms and also five villas. The beach is just s few steps from the hotel.

• Written April 1, 2015

Kata Pool Lagoon: Kata Pool Lagoon

We have stayed at Kata Pool Lagoont in a deluxe pool access room quite a few times now and they have great rates during low season!

All of the rooms around the huge green tiled pool are Deluxe pool access rooms. The rooms are good value for the price nice and can sleep 4 people. There is direct access to the pool from your balcony and I would class this as a good 3 star hotel.

It was also good to see lots of information in the room with warnings about swimming at the beach during low season due to strong current etc.

There is also another huge swimming pool with a swim up pool bar, spa areas and sun beds set in the water and a small lap pool at the back of the hotel. Breakfast is also good, lots of choices and everything was hot.

The hotel has secure parking and is in a fantastic location with Kata Beach only being a 5 minute walk away.

Kata Pool Lagoon is sometimes called Phuket Kata Resort on various websites but it is the same hotel!

• Related to: Beaches, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written November 29, 2014

Kata Pool Lagoon

Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa - Villa 15: Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa - Villa 15

We have not actually stayed here but we had good friends staying in Villa 15 so visited and spent the day a few times. Now Villa 15 is separate to the rest of Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa and it is just amazing. It is advertised for those who want indulgence and seclusion.

There are 5 bedrooms and 4 pools; the main bedroom has a huge and beautiful infinity pool. This pool is the focal point of the property with a lot of comfortable lounges, umbrellas and tables. Then 3 more bedrooms have small private infinity pools, all the rooms also have outdoor bathtub jacuzzis. There is a living room, entertainment room with bar, a fully equipped kitchen and a multipurpose room.

So for a big group this is perfect, the size is over 3,000 square meters, so plenty of room for everyone. Each room also has sea views.

There is a stairway down to a little secluded beach; it is not good for swimming as it is rocky but very pretty.

Villa 15 is beautiful so if you are a group after luxury, peace and quiet, then this is the place to be.

• Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort, Business Travel
  • Written November 28, 2014

Ayara Kamala Resort and Spa - Villa 15

Grand Mercure Patong: Grand Mercure Patong

Grand Mercure is in a good location surrounded by markets, restaurants, shops etc and a few minutes’ walk to the beach. We only stayed here for 2 nights but were very impressed by the fantastic welcoming staff that makes sure you are happy with lots of personal attention. The hotel itself is quite spacious with a beautiful lobby area.

Our room was a Superior King which was nicely decorated, clean and fresh. The bed was one of the best we have slept in during our 6 months in Thailand. This room also has a sitting area with a nice lounge and chair. We also had no problems at all with the free wifi, good connections and fast enough to upload many photos etc.

We were both quite surprised with the quality of the food here; we did not eat in the restaurant but ordered room service. The prices are very reasonable and I have to say the lamb shank is the best I have had and the Grand Caesar Salad with prawns was amazing. We also had lunch by the pool which was lovely; the serves of tapas are big and delicious. So a big thumbs up for the quality and prices of meals. Breakfast was also excellent.

Now everyone knows that mini bar prices are usually over the top, but not at Grand Mercure, their prices are cheaper than many bars in Phuket with a small Singha only being 90baht.

We really enjoyed our stay here and will probably have another mini break here next year during our 6 months in Phuket.

• Related to: Business Travel, Family Travel, Food and Dining
  • Written November 28, 2014

Grand Mercure Patong

• saleemg profile photo saleemg
  • Reviews: 66

Novotel Phuket Resort: Excellent value for money

A very good value for money. Excellent location, overlooking the Patong Bay, away from the madding crowds, however, minutes walk from the shopping and happening area of Patong.

The views are spectacular, whilst the hotel ambience is very relaxing. Staff is very courteous and helpful, though they lack in the finesse of 4 star facility....however, same is well compensated by their sincerity and helpful nature.

Rooms : The Ocean Room at the Dahlia wing is a bit stuffy and jaded and a bit too close to the main road though overlooking the beach. View is marred by the electric wires.

The Ocean View room at the Hibiscus wing is excellent, especially if you are lucky in getting the corner room. Here the view is unhindered and the rooms are well kept. Only downside for Arab / Asian community is that the rooms here do not have water hose in the toilet, as opposed to the rooms in Dahlia wing.

Hotel restaurants: Breakfast is quite normal and nothing exceptional to wtite about. Same is served at the Coffee House restaurant. The Old Fisherman's restaurant serves seafood, however, nothing great about it. Tried their seafood buffet which was very basic, though reasonably priced at around BHT 600 per person.

Just a walk down from the hotel, there are numerous restaurants and the food stalls at Bangla street are 10 minute walk. Bang opposite he hotel is Baan Kalim restaurant serving seafood and other delights (see restaurant reviews). For good Halal food, Kusuma Food stall is 15 min walk (see restaurant review).

Spa - basic spa and massage facility with good staff.

Poolside - multi level pool is especially a hit with families and children.

Tennis court - daily tennis lessons in the morning.

General - read some previous adverse reviews about the walking distances / climb and wifi coverage. Frankly, did not find the walk either long or much uphill.....expected of any resort hill area. The hotel staff are extremely helpful in providing buggy assistance, as and when required and the service is very prompt. Regarding Wifi, the Hotel GM has apparently lived up to his assurance to some of the previous guests, as the wifi coverage was quite reliable through-out my week's stay at the resort.

Would like to thank all staff, especially Kathy at front office, concierge, spa team and the security personnel for their warmth and helpfulness.

Spectacular view of Patong / Kalim bay; friendly staff; proximity to the town, yet away from the hustle bustle. Tranquil environment with nice step pools.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel
  • Written June 22, 2013
Tip Photo

The Hibiscus wing of the resort

• morochaargentina profile photo morochaargentina
  • Reviews: 103

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Simplitel: EXCELLENT Hotel close to the beach! (Karon)

We come for 2 nights and decided to extend 4 more nights! This hotel is THAT good! The rooms are beautiful, lots of space to move around + good space and drawers to put your cloths + super clean. We also had a balcony overlooking the mountains and the sea, superb! Another GREAT thing for us was that the desk is HUGE so we can both work from the desk. The bed is super comfortable, great water pressure and SUPER FAST FREE internet.

They also have a nice little gym, all the typical cardio equipment PLUS weights! And 3 computers to check internet for free.

The breakfast was very good, including an egg station for fresh, made to order meals. The people at the front desk is SUPER friendly, they make you feel very welcome, plus they have a "can do" attitude which is not the norm in Thailand (we asked for an extra chair for the desk "yes, no problem!")

VERY good location: The hotel is 2 blocks away from Karon beach, there is a 24 hour mini market downstairs and lots of bars and restaurants walking distance. PERFECT hotel and a GREAT value!

PS: we come from a hotel that was advertised "free internet" and when we got there you had to pay for it. I am glad because we would have missed this gem!

beautiful new hotel, very comfortable and with excellent service and great location. great value!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Business Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written May 18, 2012
Tip Photo

The mountain view from our balcony

• Johanes profile photo Johanes

Niku Guesthouse: Accommodation in central Patong

Try the guesthouses in front of Royal Paradise Hotel. I can recommend Niku Guesthouse.
They have rooms for any wallet and request of comfort.

Restaurant and close to entertainment zones and beach.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Study Abroad, Backpacking
  • Written April 18, 2012

Front of guesthouse

• chasingrainbow profile photo chasingrainbow
  • Reviews: 5

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Oddy: Hip,small hotel

this hotel catch my eyes with it;s colourfull design. yes, it's kitsch, retro, vintage, industrial, mixed with unique taste.
the hotel is located about 10-15 minutes walk to Jungceylon mall, because the area is behind the mall. to Patong beach takes 25-30 minutes.
at night you can try Thai cheap side stalls next to Banzaan Market / in front of Bangla Boxing Stadium (10 min walk)
no elevator, free internet on the lobby
there;s a Family Mart and chicken/BBQ stall on the main road, 2 min walk

hip, funky decor cool & bright lobby hotel

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, School Holidays
  • Written April 13, 2012

the oddy

• rebeccacomment profile photo rebeccacomment

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sensive Hill: Most terrible Hotel in Phuket! Nightmare!

I normally don't write reviews about hotels cos I'm easy when I'm traveling. But the recent stay at Sensive Hill Phuket had tramatised me and my friends so much that I have decided to write a review to warn other travelers.
We were staying at Sensive Hill Phuket recently. Despite its good review, the room was horrible with its facilities. TV was spoilt, air con was spoilt, water dripping from ceiling, towels had moldy smell, water from tap was going on and off during our 3 days stay(imagine how I felt when I was bathing). No chairs at my balcony when I saw other guests' balconies have them, told the staff and he said I got to buy my own chairs (Yes, he did say that). Jacuzzi took 12 hours and it wasn't even half filled because of its spoilt tap.
Worst part is, when I feedback to their General Manager, Guy, he was utterly rude and impatient when I told him the problems. He said "So, that's all?" and dismissed me. I was totally shocked. Happened to hear another guest complaining to a staff about poor room facilities, the GM quickly walked away as if he didn't want to have anything to do with it.
This is the first time I have encountered such horrible service, especially after reading many good reviews from this hotel. I hope their hotel management can do something about it. Not a nice feeling when you get a horrible experience from a good reviewed hotel. We did not enjoy our 3-days stay at all.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Luxury Travel, Family Travel
  • Written January 11, 2012

• Fred_Lion profile photo Fred_Lion

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

PHUKET SEA RESORT: MULTIPLE THEFTS AND GUEST BEATEN UP BY STAFF

AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS! During our stay we personally witnessed the following:

- 3 rooms (including ours) were visited by THIEVES, the whole safe was hacked out of the wall. The hotel provided INSUFFICIENT SECURITY -only one guard for the whole complex, no cameras, nobody at the entrance in the night- with people bringing prostitutes to their rooms without even being asked a piece of ID.
The hotel was not insured for thefts and refused to accept responsibility for our (huge) losses, only offering to waive the stay charges against a total loss tenfold that amount!

- 1 GUEST WAS SERIOUSLY BEATEN UP BY THE HOTEL STAFF (!!!), over a minor argument, which I find incredible!!! I was at the police station with him when I reported the theft and he reported the aggression and I saw personally the bruises all over his face.
There is obviously a police report filed for this case, and I hope Brian (the Irish guy who was beaten) will sue the hell out of them!

The staff is extremely unfriendly, especially the ones working at the front desk.

The only nice person is the manager, Mr. Wan, who unfortunately couldn't do much as he had to report to the daughter of the owner (a certain Mr. Somchai who refuses to answer my complaint emails) and was forced to work under the constraint of saving money on the security...at the expenses of the guests.

I hope this review can reach as many potential clients as possible, as these people only deserve to be out of business.

Here's a link to my police report to prove what I've written above (same pics under photos):

• Written December 28, 2011

Police report 1

Phuket Kata Resort: Phuket Kata Resort

We have stayed at Phuket Kata Resort in a deluxe pool access room quite a few times now and they have great rates during low season!

Phuket Kata Resort is sometimes called Kata Pool Lagoon on various websites but it is the same hotel!

• Related to: Singles, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written November 23, 2011

Phuket Kata Resort Deluxe Pool Access Rooms

• hanspeter_W. profile photo hanspeter_W.
  • Reviews: 1303

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

kee resort: luxurious hotel at pathong

depending on your luck what price you get you are lucky or unlucky with this new built luxury hotel at pathong..found the service kind of cold, ..equipped with most modern facilities
but in some parts wrongly constructed..small space in bathroom, no lights in gang, ascensor far to reach for some rooms, poor view from the room, poor swimming pool, gym open only at short time during the day, spa far overcharged

• Written March 26, 2011
Tip Photo

standard room at kee resort

Phuket Sea Resort Rawai Beach: Phuket Sea Resort - formerly Maalai Resort

We have stayed many times at Phuket Sea Resort which is on the beach road at Rawai Beach & the hotel is in a lovely location. Their low season walk in rates are fantastic, we paid 1100 baht per night which included breakfast.

We were in a pool view room which was perfect, a few steps and you are in the pool.

The rooms are spotless, freezing air conditioning and the bed is comfortable, plus there is wireless internet, a fantastic pool bar and secure parking.

All the staff were very helpful and friendly, they were an absolute pleasure to be around.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Sailing and Boating
  • Written February 5, 2011
Tip Photo

• sheherezad profile photo sheherezad
  • Reviews: 134

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Club Med Phuket: Relax, Rewind, Rejevunate :-)

I went to Phuket 3 times alone and each time stayed at the Club Med. I also took a Club Med excursion to Phi Phi island. I avoided Patong like plague - I heard enough not to even bother going there. Since I was on a Club Med vacation I stayed in the vicinity.

All inclusive resort where you can do everything or nothing.. Great food/instant company/wonderful GOs (guest organisers)/nightly entertainment. Check out details/pics on http://www.clubmed.com.au/cm/resort-phuket-thailand-welcome_p-14-l-AE-v-PHUC-ac-vh.html

• Written December 2, 2010