Phuket Hotels

Our Members Say

• bulldogtwo profile photo bulldogtwo
  • Reviews: 307

Phuket accomodations

There are literally thousands of hotels to choose from. Equally important is which beach to choose, that would help you narrow down your heotel choice a lot. We like Kata and Kata Noi beaches because they are smaller and less crowded and just seem to be friendlier.
Near these beaches you have dozens of hotels to choose from, either from the internet or by shopping around once you get on the ground, although it is so much easier to have reservations prior. Even during the busy season, which is now, you'll still have plenty of choices without reservations, and there are many places that do not have web sites that are clean and comfortable.
There are dozens of web sites to choose form as well. Try www.asiawebdirect.com and search from that site, reliable and informative.
Good luck and have fun

• Written November 4, 2009

Woraburi Phuket Resort: Resort Hotel in Karon Beach Phuket

Woraburi in Thai means "Splendid City" where the happiness and fairies live. The Hotel is located on Karon Beach, on the edge of Andaman Sea. Each of 207 rooms is well designed, conductive to personal comfort and provides a relaxing atmosphere with private balcony for all rooms.

• Written November 9, 2009

Woraburi Phuket Resort

BW Premier Supalai Resort Phuket: BW Premier Supalai Resort Phuket

Best Western Premier Supalai Resort & Spa sits amidst the beautiful scenery of green forest hill with the beautiful view of Po Bay on the North Eastern side of Phuket Island.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written November 29, 2009

BW Premier Supalai Resort Phuket

• laramcc2001 profile photo laramcc2001
  • Reviews: 6

Outrigger Phuket Resort and Villas: Great Family Resort

This is the perfect place for a family. We stayed in a 3 bedroom villa with a private pool and it was amazing! It is very private and quiet, but when you want more...you can take the Laguna shuttle to any of the resorts or to the beach where there is shopping and dining. All of this is within the Laguna resort complex. We were served breakfast in our villa each morning and the staff was incredibly helpful. They also have a main pool and small restaurant area that is quite nice and close by. I would recommend this resort to families or couples that enjoy the peace and quiet and spacious luxurious accomodations.

The villa was beautifully decorated with a gorgeous pool and sala, and an amazing tub in the master bath. Also, being a part of the Laguna complex is convenient because you can dine at any of the 30 restaurants and charge it to your room.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written December 28, 2009

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Patongsub Inn: Good option in central Patong

This place is well located in the centre of Patong along the inland road - Thanon Rat-U-Thit 200P, about 500m north of Bangla Road. There's some good little restaurants down the road as you walk towards Bangla Road (see my restaurant tips) plus some useful convenience stores, ATM's etc. My room, which I got for 700 baht, was a very good size with a double bed, TV, a/c, fridge, fan, dressing table & stall, wardrobe and was very clean with new towels every day. The bathroom was also very clean and a good size with an electric hot water shower. The staff were OK but I didn't really say much to them during my stay apart from the pleasantry "hello" when I walked by.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written January 13, 2010

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Thiwaratri Resort Spa Kamala Beach: Thiwaratri Resort Spa Kamala Beach Phuket Thailand

On the magnificent west coast of Phuket lies a truly tropical paradise. The Thiwa Ratri hotel offers the ultimate in Thai hospitality with the serenity of a tropical island, the beauty of contemporary Balinese architecture and the comforts of luxury.

• Written January 22, 2010

Thiwaratri Resort Spa

Sala Phuket Resort Thailand: Sala Phuket Resort Thailand

Located on pristine and relaxing Mai Khao beach on Phuket's north west coast, offering a choice of accommodations including 1 and 2 bedroom villas and suite

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written February 3, 2010

Sala Phuket Resort Thailand

• Rick1954 profile photo Rick1954

Villareal-Heights: Exceptional Villareal-Heights

I just completed a five night stay beginning on February 5, 2010 at Villareal-Heights. And what I noticed upon arrival was the exceptional service from the owner/manager, Paul and his lovely wife Jo. As the taxi he arranged for me arrived at Villareal, Paul was outside waiting for my arrival. Imediately I felt like he was a long lost friend as we began talking. He showed me to my apartment and also gave me recomendations on where to have my evening meal. He also offered to drive me around the next day to show me the area. I have been to Phuket twice but never the Kata Beach area. Every thing and every place Paul drove me to turnd out to be excellent recomendations that I took advantage of. He even arranged for me a rental car at an excellent rate which was delivered and picked up at Villareal. I have stayed at 5-star hotel and resorts that did not give me the personalized service Paul and his wife Jo provided. The apartment was even better than the photo's and was more than adaquate. I would recomend Villareal-Heights to anyone.

Villareal-Heights is within walking distance to excellent resturants and shopping. A good 10-15 minute walk to one of the best beaches I have seen.

All the staff to include house keeping provide personal attention to your every need.

• Related to: Beaches, Hiking and Walking, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written February 13, 2010

• ccwyin profile photo ccwyin
  • Reviews: 16
The Chedi made all the difference

For a truly memorable experience in sometimes over-crowded Phuket, stay at THE CHEDI. I cannot rave enough about it. Most beautiful resort with individual chalets & private sundeck. Gorgeous waves. Very transquil & romantic. gd svc.

Its about 20mins by Tuk-tuk (a fun ride in itself) to Patong Beach (main shopping area & nightlife, very touristy). Close enough to the fun, far from the chaos and crowd.

Approx USD100-150.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Spa and Resort, Beaches
  • Written March 10, 2003

• saleemg profile photo saleemg
  • Reviews: 94

Novotel Phuket Resort: Excellent value for money

A very good value for money. Excellent location, overlooking the Patong Bay, away from the madding crowds, however, minutes walk from the shopping and happening area of Patong.

The views are spectacular, whilst the hotel ambience is very relaxing. Staff is very courteous and helpful, though they lack in the finesse of 4 star facility....however, same is well compensated by their sincerity and helpful nature.

Rooms : The Ocean Room at the Dahlia wing is a bit stuffy and jaded and a bit too close to the main road though overlooking the beach. View is marred by the electric wires.

The Ocean View room at the Hibiscus wing is excellent, especially if you are lucky in getting the corner room. Here the view is unhindered and the rooms are well kept. Only downside for Arab / Asian community is that the rooms here do not have water hose in the toilet, as opposed to the rooms in Dahlia wing.

Hotel restaurants: Breakfast is quite normal and nothing exceptional to wtite about. Same is served at the Coffee House restaurant. The Old Fisherman's restaurant serves seafood, however, nothing great about it. Tried their seafood buffet which was very basic, though reasonably priced at around BHT 600 per person.

Just a walk down from the hotel, there are numerous restaurants and the food stalls at Bangla street are 10 minute walk. Bang opposite he hotel is Baan Kalim restaurant serving seafood and other delights (see restaurant reviews). For good Halal food, Kusuma Food stall is 15 min walk (see restaurant review).

Spa - basic spa and massage facility with good staff.

Poolside - multi level pool is especially a hit with families and children.

Tennis court - daily tennis lessons in the morning.

General - read some previous adverse reviews about the walking distances / climb and wifi coverage. Frankly, did not find the walk either long or much uphill.....expected of any resort hill area. The hotel staff are extremely helpful in providing buggy assistance, as and when required and the service is very prompt. Regarding Wifi, the Hotel GM has apparently lived up to his assurance to some of the previous guests, as the wifi coverage was quite reliable through-out my week's stay at the resort.

Would like to thank all staff, especially Kathy at front office, concierge, spa team and the security personnel for their warmth and helpfulness.

Spectacular view of Patong / Kalim bay; friendly staff; proximity to the town, yet away from the hustle bustle. Tranquil environment with nice step pools.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel
  • Written June 22, 2013
Tip Photo

The Hibiscus wing of the resort

• Cathy&Gary profile photo Cathy&Gary
  • Reviews: 828

Phuket Kata Resort: Phuket Kata Resort

We have stayed at Phuket Kata Resort in a deluxe pool access room quite a few times now and they have great rates during low season!

All of the rooms around the huge green tiled pool are Deluxe pool access rooms. The rooms are good value for the price nice and can sleep 4 people. There is direct access to the pool from your balcony and I would class this as a good 3 star hotel.

It was also good to see lots of information in the room with warnings about swimming at the beach during low season due to strong current etc.

There is also another huge swimming pool with a swim up pool bar, spa areas and sun beds set in the water and a small lap pool at the back of the hotel. Breakfast is also good, lots of choices and everything was hot.

The hotel has secure parking and is in a fantastic location with Kata Beach only being a 5 minute walk away.

Phuket Kata Resort is sometimes called Kata Pool Lagoon on various websites but it is the same hotel!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Singles
  • Written November 23, 2011

Phuket Kata Resort Deluxe Pool Access Rooms

• Fred_Lion profile photo Fred_Lion

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

PHUKET SEA RESORT: MULTIPLE THEFTS AND GUEST BEATEN UP BY STAFF

AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS! During our stay we personally witnessed the following:

- 3 rooms (including ours) were visited by THIEVES, the whole safe was hacked out of the wall. The hotel provided INSUFFICIENT SECURITY -only one guard for the whole complex, no cameras, nobody at the entrance in the night- with people bringing prostitutes to their rooms without even being asked a piece of ID.
The hotel was not insured for thefts and refused to accept responsibility for our (huge) losses, only offering to waive the stay charges against a total loss tenfold that amount!

- 1 GUEST WAS SERIOUSLY BEATEN UP BY THE HOTEL STAFF (!!!), over a minor argument, which I find incredible!!! I was at the police station with him when I reported the theft and he reported the aggression and I saw personally the bruises all over his face.
There is obviously a police report filed for this case, and I hope Brian (the Irish guy who was beaten) will sue the hell out of them!

The staff is extremely unfriendly, especially the ones working at the front desk.

The only nice person is the manager, Mr. Wan, who unfortunately couldn't do much as he had to report to the daughter of the owner (a certain Mr. Somchai who refuses to answer my complaint emails) and was forced to work under the constraint of saving money on the security...at the expenses of the guests.

I hope this review can reach as many potential clients as possible, as these people only deserve to be out of business.

Here's a link to my police report to prove what I've written above (same pics under photos):

• Written December 28, 2011

Police report 1

• rebeccacomment profile photo rebeccacomment

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sensive Hill: Most terrible Hotel in Phuket! Nightmare!

I normally don't write reviews about hotels cos I'm easy when I'm traveling. But the recent stay at Sensive Hill Phuket had tramatised me and my friends so much that I have decided to write a review to warn other travelers.
We were staying at Sensive Hill Phuket recently. Despite its good review, the room was horrible with its facilities. TV was spoilt, air con was spoilt, water dripping from ceiling, towels had moldy smell, water from tap was going on and off during our 3 days stay(imagine how I felt when I was bathing). No chairs at my balcony when I saw other guests' balconies have them, told the staff and he said I got to buy my own chairs (Yes, he did say that). Jacuzzi took 12 hours and it wasn't even half filled because of its spoilt tap.
Worst part is, when I feedback to their General Manager, Guy, he was utterly rude and impatient when I told him the problems. He said "So, that's all?" and dismissed me. I was totally shocked. Happened to hear another guest complaining to a staff about poor room facilities, the GM quickly walked away as if he didn't want to have anything to do with it.
This is the first time I have encountered such horrible service, especially after reading many good reviews from this hotel. I hope their hotel management can do something about it. Not a nice feeling when you get a horrible experience from a good reviewed hotel. We did not enjoy our 3-days stay at all.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Luxury Travel, Family Travel
  • Written January 11, 2012

• georeiser profile photo georeiser
  • Reviews: 2054

Patong Lodge Hotel: Patong Lodge Hotel

Patong Lodge Hotel is located on a green hill facing Kalim Beach, and at northern end of Patong Beach, Phuket. I stayed here on my first visit to Phuket in 91. Patong was at that time a quiet place. The hotel is just a few minutes walk to the beach, only a short distance to Patong’s nightlife, shopping and dining centers, 30 minutes drive to Phuket town and 45 minutes drive to Phuket International Airport.

• Related to: Beaches, Beer Tasting, Spa and Resort
  • Written September 16, 2009

Patong Lodge Hotel, Phuket

• DONBURGESS profile photo DONBURGESS
  • Reviews: 116

Far's House: Better then a Resort

Far's house is a four bedroomed house in a privete estate on Nanni Road, its about a 15 min walk into the centre of Patong or a 3 min ride in a Tuc Tuc.
The house is two story with all bedrooms air conditioned and three bath rooms. The house comes supplied with a maid who looks after your every need from washing and ironing to making your bed.
The house is huge with queen or king size beds in every room and the there is a extra large kitchen,dinning room open plan and a lounge room with a leather lounge suite.
The is plenty of room for two cars out the front and there the yard can be closed off by a lockable gate. The entrance to the estate is gaurded by a boom gate and 24 hour scuriety gaurd.

There is a swimming pool 50 mtr down the road for your use and a gym for those that need to work out while on holidays. There is also a small cafe that sells most basic needs.

• Related to: Seniors, Family Travel