99 Muen-Ngoen Rd., Tri-Trang Beach, Patong, Phuket, 83150, Thailand

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Disgusting Service

They made my girlfriend cry for taking a towel out the hotel as they were very rude. TV has shocking picture and they make you pay for watching digital. You can’t get a sunbed as there aren’t enough and everyone reserves them for the day with there books and towel.
    The hotel is designed in a way of there is entertainment at night you hear everything until around 12pm. Very loud!
    Sheets on the bed are made back to front as well as they give you carpet burn. The breakfast is disgusting made me sick. They charge you to sit on the beach. You can’t swim in the private beach as its unsafe coz it’s full of rocks. You can’t bring your own water to the pool as you have to pay for their expensive bottles. They will charge you a thb 1000 for a late checkout even if it’s for an hour. Restaurants are so expensive but very average. Heaps of kids!! When you complain they just look at you like your crazy and they don’t even write down your problem. There is a hidden sercharge in there pricing eg food and drinks so its like 10% more ontop of everthing. Allot of the staff at reception are incompetent and can’t explain things to you properly. I tried to get a taxi organised by the hotel when i left to the airport and they told me to do it myself. This hotel gets a 0 for customer service. There are so many more hotels in Phuket that are so much better for the money. eg amari or graceland or centura as its the same price but amazing locations and facility’s and much better customer service.

It took me 5 times of trying to get a response from management about my issues and I never received anything. when i finaly did they accused me of lieing about my issues.

Don’t stay here as you will regret it!
    Not worth the money!!

Unique Quality: They double booked there hotel as they have a sister hotel that’s not as good, when you arrive they force you to move to patong in the hustle and bustle. It took me 20min of threatening them to get a room after traveling for more than 20 hours.

Don’t stay here as you will regret it!
    Not worth the money!!

Directions: UP A MOUNTAIN ISOLATED!!

• Thailandfan's Profile Photo

Nice Family Hotel

Good service, quiet location would recommend.

Unique Quality: Great swimming pools which are needed because the beach is very rocky. Good breakfast and nice rooms.

Directions: Follow main beachfront road from Patong south past the Amari Coral.

• mundo_61's Profile Photo

A Relaxing Place to Stay

A friendly airy resort hotel. Five minutes Tuk Tuk ride from Patong township. We found it great to be away from the hussle and bussle of Patong but close enough that we could go into town anytime we liked.
    The hotel facilities are second to none and the restaurants offer a varied and interesting array of menus, from Traditional Thai to Italian Pizza.
    This hotel was recommended to us and I ust say that I would recommend it to anyone travelling to Phuket.

Unique Quality: A spread out resort with 3 pools one with a swim up pool bar, one for the kids and another quiet one that rooms have direct access to. A private beach is nice but not great for swimming as there is a reef very close to shore.

Directions: South of Patong Township but only 5 minutes by Tuk Tuk (Taxi)

More about Merlin Beach Resort

Lovely 4.5 star resort

by newyork40 about Merlin Beach Resort

This is a lovely resort just out and over the hill from Patong Beach area. Buffet breakfasts overlooking the pool is wonderful. Fantastic pool, own private beach

merlin beach resort=***** stars

by bangla_is_heaven about merlin beach reort

although i have not stayed at many resorts or hotels, i can still honestly say this is about as good as it gets, great food, wonderful rooms, three stunning huge pools featuring a swim up bar and entertainment every night. i can not speak highly enough about the service at all times. the resort is located a few km's out of patongs hustle and bustle for that extra piece and quiet on the beach at the back of the resort visiting the massage hut on your right is a must. the only down side to this resort is the price of food and beverages. pool,service,rooms,lobby,gardens,peace and quiet.

Excellent Resort

The Merlin Beach Resort is an excellent resort and exceeded all my expectations. The rooms are large and beautifully decorated, the service is fantastic, the pools amazing and the breakfast buffet fantastic. This would have to be one of the best reorts I have ever stayed in... the only downside of the place is probably the beach (although I understand that its great for snorkelling) and the lack of off-resort cheaper eateries (the resort is about 3km away from Patong - which is definitely not a bad thing!). The resort staff even surprised my companion with a little birthday cake in our room on his birthday!

Great palce to stay

From the moment you arrive you nkkow this place will more than meet your expectations, from very friendly staff, to mega pools, to a lovely cove, every corner of this hotel is fantastic and beyond our expectations.

Well worth every penny, and we will certainly be staying here again on our next visit to Phuket.

Great Hotel, Not a Beach Resort

by TripAdvisor Member jinx1832

A truly beautiful resort with excellent facilities including 3 incredible pool areas. The staff is great and the rooms, restuarants, and bars are all in excellent condition and well maintained. A perfect place to relax away from the noise of Patong, about 3 KM away up on a hill overlooking Patong Beach. During my visit in mid-December, the hotel was extremely empty due to the Tsunamai and start of Peak Season. Also note, this is not a Beach Resort. The Beach is full of Rocks and swimming is not an option. I would suggest Kata or Karon Beach as better options for hanging out at the beach.

Hotel makes up for the rocky beach!

Ok so the beach is not the best in the world, but it's perfect for snorkelling!! With the many rocks and caverns its pretty much perfect for viewing the fish etc....

Moving our attention to the hotel, well truly great. No hesitation in staying again.

From the staff to the fantastic pools nothing during our 3 week stay was either too much trouble or below standard.

If you want to experience more of Phuket then Patong is only minutes away, although the quietness is a releif after a hectic night in the centre.

Will be staying agagin soon.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member fowlerjeff

This was the 2nd time we have been there in 4 years. Treated very well, accommodation (pool axcess rooms) best I'v seen, clean, great service, staff excellent, pools, you have to see them to believe it. Everyone going to Phuket should stay there. Only minutes from Patong beach and nightlife. Welcome relief to come home to this resort after busy night in Patong. Cannot say enough about this resort. We will be back.

Phuket 2006

by Giddaymate

"A week in Phuket"

Jen and I secided to spend a week in Phuket before the high season price rise. It was our first trip abroad without the kids. Having previously spent holidays in Penang, and Lankawi, we wanted a beach resort location, close to markets, close to a variety of hawkers markets and cheap but safe restaurants and with access to tours and activities. After searching the net, we decided on the Merlin Beach resort, 3km out of Patong Beach, so we could enjoy the peace and quiet of a secluded resort, but within easy reach of the buzz of Patong Beach. We weren't disappointed.

"While we were there"

We had only 5 nights in Phuket which was ok for a first-up orientation. We wanted to spend some time around the pool doing nothing, but found ourselves down at the Patong beach markets most days, buying T-shirts, clothes and other gifts for family back home. The highlight of the week was a day trip to Phang Nga Bay to do some island cave exploring by sea canoe. It was the only tour we did, so I can't compare it with other tours on offer, but I can say it was well worth the $90AUS for the two of us!

"Getting around"

Although 3km from the resort to Patong Beach sounds walkable, it isn't. The hilly road, the heat and the humidity conspire to make walking back and forth virtually impossible. The free shuttles from the hotel to Patong Beach ran at inconvenient times, so we spent a fair bit of money on Tuk-tuks to get around. We used the free shuttle to get to Phuket Town to do some department store shopping, and for trips to Patong Beach when it suited us, but overall the transport by Tuk-tuk and taxi were probably our biggest single expense of the week.

Merlin Beach resort from room 3405 balconyMerlin Beach resort from room 3405 balcony

The swim-up bar at the Merlin Beach ResortThe swim-up bar at the Merlin Beach Resort

by montgomery33

We are spending 3 weeks at Merlin Beach Resort in February 2007. Any comments would be appreciated.

by johnaalex

I have not stayed at this hotel which is one of the newer ones in the area. The best thing seems to be the location, far enough away from Patong to get peace and quiet but less than 10 minutes away by tuk-tuk for the bars and restaurants of either Patong or Karon. Check my pages for some Patong tips.

Regards

John

by zoesimpspn

I stayed there in October last year for 10 days. I loved it. It is a little out of the madness of Phuket. Awesome pools to swim in. Pool bar is good. Great breakfast every day. Everyone was nice. I would stay there again.

by mollie_boro

hi there we are also staying at the merlin beach for three weeks in feb 07, might see you there enjoy your holiday, i've heard all good reports on the merlin.

Comments