199, Rat-Uthit 200 Pee Road, Patong, 83150, Thailand

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 73% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• bbaran73's Profile Photo

Good Location

We stayed in Millenium Resort for a weekin August 2012 with our 4 year old. Room was spacious clean, and quiet. Breakfast was nice. Pool was fun for our son. The mall access is a great help when you need sweets, juices and junk food for him! Staff was polite and helpful. We had no disappointments about the hotel except the mosquitos in the lobby area where there is free wifi.

Unique Quality: Good location and nice pool area. Close to everywhere in Patong area.

• bbaran73's Profile Photo

Good Location

• bodo8's Profile Photo

good hotel

warning: there are two buildings belonging to the millennium resort... we thought we had booked a room in the most central one (due to the location) but at our arrival we discovered we had a room in the other building (superior rooms and suites, as well as pool, restaurant, spa and fitness centre are all located there, which is only few steps away but the feeling is to be really out of the world...).
    We decided to upgrade to cabana rooms, as the one they assigned to us was really bad with a strange balcony, which was a sort of prison... cabana has direct access to the swimming pool, with a big balcony and private jacuzzi; inside it is big, modern and with both shower and bath. most important thing: very clean!
    the restaurant has every day a different buttet - menu (meat, seafood, european, thai, etc) for honest prices, depending on the day (for example: seafood dinner 1'200 bath).
    swimming pool and fitness centre are ok, nothing special but clean and nice.
    the staff is very nice and polite, but it is sometimes difficult to understand each other in english.
    the hotel has direct access to a big shopping center.

• Moruganne's Profile Photo

Phuket's Best Hotel Location

Location. Location. Location! It's attached to a shopping mall and walking distances to Starbucks and nightlife locations and also a walk to the beach. The rooms are very nice, there's decent amenities, good service. Rooms are quite expensive for what you can get in Thailand, but overall an excellent hotel. Anyone who's first time in Phuket, should definitely stay at this hotel.

Unique Quality: A very unique feature about this hotel is the pool area. On this floor, there is a bar, child pool, main pool and a large spa building. The nice thing about this is I would book a spa appointment (which the massage, ambiance, and the service is incredible), and wait by sitting by the pool and drinking the country famous cocktail Mai Tai.

More about Millennium Resort Patong Phuket

Air conditioned comfort shopping

by lindyz about Jungceylon Shopping Mall

This is by far the largest Shopping Mall in Patong and I think it was opened about 3 years ago, I know it had only recently been opened when I was last there in April 2008. It is right smack bang in the middle of busy Patong, near the junction of Bangla Road and Ratuthit Road, about a 5 minute walk from Patong Beach, and there certainly is something here for everyone. The main bonus of shopping here is that most of it is air conditioned!!! Shopping in the markets and smaller shops can get mighty hot and sweaty work in the heat of the day, so its an oasis on a hot day to shop at Jungceylon.

It is open 7 days from the hours of 11am until 10pm each and every day, with a huge variety of shops and restaurants. The larger shops here would be:-

Robinsons Department Store (Phukets equivalent to Myer)
Carrefours Hypermarket (equivalent to Woolies or Big W)
That's Siam - in the basement which is like a huge marketplace with all things Thai.
Supersports and Sportsworld - 2 large sports stores.
Plus there are many smaller shops, brand name shops and eating areas.
There is an area called Sino Phuket with many pubs, bars and International Restaurants plus your usual MacDonalds, Pizza Hut, Subway etc.

The Shopping Centre also links to the Millennium Resort Patong which is a 5 Star Hotel. Also here are cinemas and a bowling alley and shooting gallery.

Jungceylon is certainly worth a visit if you are shopping in Patong, and most smaller shops will still happily bargain with you, although the larger department stores and brand name shops will not.

Good location, nice, but aging fast

by TripAdvisor Member GoLeafsGo0907

We weren't aware of the fact that there are two separate buildings to the hotel, Beachside and Lakeside. Lakeside seems nicer. We got rooms at 2600baht under their 'soft opening' rate.

Despite the fact that it is brand new, the place really is starting to fall apart fast. Cracks are showing, paint is peeling, etc...Had a room facing the main road. You could often hear the noise from Bangla Rd, but it probably wasn't enough to wake anyone up.

Staff really didn't know english and had horrible recommendations (didn't know names of bars in Phuket Town, told us there were no such things as an afternoon ferry to Phi Phi, told us double the price for taxis, etc...). In the end though, it's a good location, with Ikea quality furnishings.

Convenient with everything you need next to you

by TripAdvisor Member coolnestea

Stayed in this hotel (superior room in the ocean wing) in early July 2008 and the overall experience was satisfying.

Needless to say, the hotel was very conveniently located, right next to the mall equipped with supermarket, department store, sportswear shops etc. The room was nicely decorated and spacious. It had a modernistic atmosphere. While other travellers thought it was strange not to have a bath tub but only a shower place, I found it ok as this was not an important aspect to me so long the bathroom was neat.

Service wise, the hotel staff were friendly and provided ambient service to guests. Any queries were promptly addressed and I could see that they were willing to assist in whatever you needed. A nice touch was to provide beach towels (this hotel was about 10 mins from the Patong Beach).

One issue that I would address was noise level. At night, I could hear music from the mall. Not sure if there was some sort of event going on but it did get on my nerve a bit. Luckily, I fell asleep pretty quickly.

Recommended for travellers looking for a convenient hotel with great service. A point to note is that this is not the resort type of accomodation with villas. It's more like a city hotel.

Very disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member boyanlau

My fiancé & I stayed there during July, we did not expect a lot from this hotel as we pay less then $100 a night for a Superior Room. Once we've arrived at reception, we were told that we have to go to the other side...we found that a bit weird. It was obvious that they keep all the nice room at the main building, and the more budget ones on the other side of the building. However, we were being told that we got upgraded to a "pool view" room....which was a lie...you have to basically stick your head outward to see a little bit of the pool...our view was actually the shopping mall roof top...
We found the renovation of the room very much below average. Bad paint job...boring furnitures, TV that wasn't even plug in, we even got an empty fridge that doesn't work (great for 36 degrees hey?) We have asked to change it 3 times...and the last one we got was barely cold, so we gave up. This is definitely a 3 star Hotel (where we stayed anyway!), not 5 star as they advertise on the internet. I would advise to book a room at the main building like the Cabana Rooms to avoid disappointment.
Anyhow, breakfast was OK, good variety, good egg station (but not attentive), you will get cordial instead of real fruit juice, coffee was horrible...(I really sound like a horrible reviewer........).
I will have to say the BEST thing about this hotel is the location, if you like the crazy Bangla Road @ Patong Beach, is great for shopping & partying. Also, the shopping mall next to this hotel was great as well, comfortable shopping and lots of great food.

Beware of the noise

by TripAdvisor Member globalmax

I have to admit that this is a wonderful hotel that is beautifully decorated and in a great location.

HOWEVER, starting at 4 PM and continuing until 10:30 PM, the band from Jung Ceylon shopping center can be heard in almost every room.

I had to close my windows, close the curtains, and still....I couldn't get away from the constant noise problem.

I mentioned this to the hotel staff and they are aware of this problem...but don't know what to do about it.

Don't get me wrong, we loved staying at this hotel....but we just hated the nightly noise problem.

I really hope they can fix this.

If you are planning to stay for an extended holiday (more than 2 or 3 nights), this will probably become very annoying.

The Best Ever!

by TripAdvisor Member Aseel-Alali

We stayed at Millennium Resort for 18 days, at superior room lakeside and It was Wonderful, the best ever, and we had very comfortable stay.

The room was beautifully decorated and furnished, you can feel the frishness and the cleaness everywhere, bathroom was ok though! and nice balcony with 2 chairs and a small table.

The hospitality is exceptional, Staff are very friendly, spacially Pong, hes the best! , very helpful at anytime, and will always see the smile on there faces, specially the girl who clean our room everyday, she was so nice.

I got sick when we first arrive and the had the hotel nurse to visit me at my room checking on me and gave me medicines and she was so good, and speaks English too.

The other thing that is so great about this place is the location. This hotel is connected to the biggest mall in phuket, Big Supermarket, and only 5 min walk to the beatiful Patong Beach.

The connected mall is full of resturants, also room service is amazing they can make you anythin you ask for at anytime, even midnight, and there are lots and lots of resturants outside the strees, just few steps away from the hotel, hotel breakfast was not bad, try the noodles its good!
You can also have delivery from any resturant in patong at the hotel, just call front desk.

Hotel Spa stuff I didnt like at all i regret the vist!

Swimming Pool where I stayed, (Laside Side) was amazing! Big, and no smell of Clorine was the best thing, unlike other hotels swimming pools that uses Clorine that damages the hair. They also give you a towel for the beach if you ask at the swimming pool desk.

Nightlife is right at your door if you want to go out enjoy your night at anytime, and for us at the lakeside the hotel offers you a ride with the golf car right to the hotel gate or to the other building (beach side) at anytime, just ask for it.

Laundry is good and fast and the price is decent!

There is also internet access at anytime.

I strongly recommend a stay here and would visit again and again, The best in Patong.

Bad Service Room sub-standard NO MINIBAR

by TripAdvisor Member ReymonTse

I have some complaints about this hotel. I couldn't print my vouchers because we are traveling and I don't have a printer in my suitcase, they made this a problem and told me that they NEEDED the voucher. I start up my laptop and
show them the online voucher but they still wanted it printed. After some discussion they let me print it on the hotel computer at the reception. Then they wanted a security deposit from us even after they received my credit card and passport. This I don't understand but that wasn't it. Then I get to my rooms and see that the mini-bar is empty, called the reception and asked them about this. they told me that they didn't fill the mini-bars anymore and that if I wanted something I should go to the supermarket????

I told them that after the whole check in misery and now this I wanted to leave the hotel. They told me that I could but I still would have to pay for the 2 rooms for 1 night.

After speaking to the GM they promised me that they would fill the minibar. Aftera few hours called him again to tell him that it still wasn't done. His response was "very sorry" I will let someone do it now. It is now the next day and there still hasn't been anybody coming by to fill the minibar.This to me is unacceptable. I stayed numerous times at this hotel chain and never had a problem, but when I book a hotel for THB 4000 per night/room (and this
is not cheap for Thailand) and don't want that kind of problems. How do you deal with issues like this. My room and service are substandard but I am kind of forced to stay because otherwise I still have to pay 2 rooms 1 night. I am VERY disappointed by this and hope that you will take my complaint serious. A hotel like that with service like that is unacceptable. I have never heard of a hotel that doesn't have a mini bar.

Big Disappointment

by TripAdvisor Member NickyPoops

We stayed at this hotel from 17 October to 21 October 2008 for a company trip as we were told the location was very good. Well, that's about the only good thing this hotel has going for it.

For a supposed five star hotel , it is shocking that the rooms do not even have a sink or basin in the toilet and you are supposed to use the sink in the pantry for dual purpose!! It is most unhygenic to have to wash your face, brush your teeth and make coffee at the same sink.

The breakfast is also lousy with poor spread and there were many flies around the uncovered food. For some reason, the whole hotel seems to have a lot of flies and mosquitoes... probably because there is a dump nearby behind the hotel.

All in all, big disappointment ... save your money (as it is also not cheap) and stay elsewhere in Phuket....

Millennium Hotel - very convenient

by TripAdvisor Member sascha02

After reading many of the reviews of the Millennium Resort I was worried that we weren't going to enjoy our stay at this hotel. We spent 10 days in the Lakeside wing. in a delux room The beachside wing is very noisy - so if you want a quieter experience I wouldn't stay there.

I would agree that it's not really a five star hotel (maybe 4 star only). It's also not really a resort - more of a very good city hotel. There are no landscaped gardens and other facilities you would expect from a resort. However, I wasn't expecting this with the hotel being in the middle of Patong Beach. What you are paying for is the convenience of being in the heart of Patong - the Jungceloyn shopping centre and Bangala Road is very close by.

The pool area is great - very helpful staff. We never had a problem getting a lounge to sit on.

Having said that, I enjoyed our stay overall at the Millennium and wold probably stay there again for it's convenience to shopping and the nightlife of Patong.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member greattraveller87

It was a perfect place to enjoy Phuket to the fullest. Great Location right in the heart of the place with great night life. Centrally located be it shopping (located in the same compus with The Jung Ceylon Mall). What ever be the hour of the day be it late night u are never alone. Walking distance to the World famous Patong Beach. Extremely close the night clubs of the place. All this with great service, cleanliness, new construction and great prices.

I visited with my wife and 21/2 year kid and had nothing to complain. The hotel gave us great Room with a view of the Patong Beach.

Simply irressitable!!

Nice :)Nice :)

great staff at phuket travel companygreat staff at phuket travel company

Monkey's in the barMonkey's in the bar

The BusThe Bus

Phuket end March

by deerixp

Hi all

My fiance and I will be going for a short trip in Phuket for 3D2N. Reach Phuket airport on Wednesday @ 9.35am and depart Phuket on Friday @8.10pm.

Will be staying in Millennium Resort Patong. May I know if you have any recommendations on the itinerary?

1) We intend to go Phi Phi island for snorkeling.. it's our 1st time snorkeling. How much is it advisable to pay?

2) Is there any other Must go area? Is Phuket town a must-go area?

3) We are more interested in nice, affordable, hygienic food. Seafood would be nice. Any non-spicy food recommendation cannot my fiance cannot take too spicy food?

4) Any recommended on good,hygienic affordable massages?

5) Any advise on transportation fees?

Thanks folks!

Re: Phuket end March

by johnaalex

Your hotel has a great location in the centre of Patong next to the Jung ceylon shopping mall. There are so many restaurants to pick from within an easy walk. For seafood I would go to Patong Seafood on the Beach road (less than 10 minute walk from your hotel). For more info see my Phuket pages. The best value for money massages are those outside of the hotel spa's, again there are plenty to pick from.

Regards