Pacific Club And Spa

Pacific Club Resort
Agoda.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

• anubanerjee's Profile Photo

Awesome Food, Great Price, huge rooms & great staf

right from the time we booked to the time we checked out, The PCR was awesome. Post booking, i had written a mail to request for a room and made a few queries. PCR was so prompt and gave us realistic expectations.

That was a wonderful start! Thanks to Ms May and Uncle Eric. We checked in on April 21 and explored the hotel. Its a beautiful property and has a old world charm to it. The rooftop pool, the garden and jacuzzi, the restaurant everything seems to be created with great deal of simplicity and is yet beautiful.

Unique Quality: You cannot the beat the food they serve here. The chef and the restaurant owner, Mr. David was wonderful. He makes sure to spend time with each guest and know wot he and she likes. You cannot get better mashed potatoes than these anywhere in the world. The salmon omelet served at breakfast and the fish we had for dinner were amazing!

Wish we had more time here!

• Better than pics

Stayed 2 night. gr8 rooms with attention to detail unparalleled. 2 adults and child in the superior room. Spacious and clean. It is the design and quality of what I received which made me pleasantly surprised upon entering the room.Enjoyed low season promo rate. Value for money. Swimming pool - open roof infinity concept. Island concrete tables and sitting area inside the pool is a plus point. Waterfall gave my back a good massage. Was ordering so much food at the pool because of the ambience and the food was really good. We had almost all our meals in because the price was inexpensive by phuket hotel standards and gr8 tasting. The owner was a ex-chef so I'm sure he knows what 's best for the menu. lots of flora, pebble covered floors and surfaces. Situated on an incline, the top floors also provide a breathtaking view of karon beach. It is the best catch for me and everyone should try out this hotel at least once. Reception was normal to me. Perhaps they're busy but I didn't sense the interest or warmth. The night shift reception by the name of Dao was exceptionally good though. That's real hospitality and the smile was genuine. I must also commend the room service dude. He was pleasant and infallible. definitely recommended place. I see it as a loss for those who do not take advantage of this beautiful boutique hotel and sincerely hope this standard will be maintained or even improved. which comes to the point, since there is no feedback form, the travelling up and down from hotel to town could really be addressed. Despite 4 timing a day for a 50 baht/room shuttle service per way to/from karon cafe in town, it is simply not enuf. If only there were more timing or other bright ideas, this place could be the ultimate place in Karon. Nevertheless, it is already that good in terms of presentation and value for money.

Unique Quality: A piece of heaven on the pool and the top level views.
    Free jacuzzi and herbal sauna which opens till midnight. The late hours made a diff cos most resort pool and water activities close by dark.
    The rooms made me ask, "Did I pay for all this?" Yes of course...and it felt like more.

Directions: Right of roundabout at karon. Walk along pavement-direction of patong. Best Western phuket Ocean View in about 5 mins. A signboard to pacific can be seen. Turn right into the road. Walk in about 5 mins. uphill right turn

• Great Place Reasonable Prices

I booked for a 7 night holiday after reading many good reviews about the hotel. I booked directly on their website and found everything went smooth for the booking process and I got what appears to be the best price available (other customers at the hotel agreed and many of them had booked directly as well). My room was spacious and all the amenities were the same as any 4-5 star hotel I've stayed in. The atmosphere and views around Pacific Club were outstanding, after a few days I began to appreciate the mountain and garden views more than the ocean views I had originally come for. Food was excellent and reasonably priced. I used the internet for my work and it was cheap (only 20 USD / week) compared to the prices I've paid recently at other hotels. The swimming pool is located on the roof and is simply spectacular. I would easily recommend Pacific Club for anybody who is looking for more than they want to pay for.

Unique Quality: The pool is fantastic, the spa services were good and reasonably priced, the views were exceptional.

Directions: About 10 minutes walk from the north end of Karon Beach and Karon Village. Slightly elevated so the walk back is a little longer.

More about Pacific Club And Spa

Tsunami safe little Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member andiloeffel

I came to this Hotel for the third time now. It`s true that there is a construction site in front which was not there when I came here for the first time in July 2005 shortly after the Tsunami. At that time I was looking desperately for a Hotel away from the sea but not too far away and high enough to be safe from any Tsunami. I searched the Internet for many days looking for a quiet place away from the tourist-spots in Patong, s.th. with modern facilities, clean and with free Internet-Access for my notebook and a nice pool. And I found it here. First I only wanted to stay 2 days and then look for s.th. “better” but I didn’t find anything better for this price and stayed here for almost 10 days the first time. I was disappointed too when I came here for the second time and saw the construction-site, but then swimming in the wonderful roof-swimming-pool in natural water (no chlorine) and looking at the mountains back at me and the ocean in front of me, I forgot about that. Living as a German in Tokyo for more than 14 years and travelling a lot I know that you can and must expect first class rooms and standards only if you pay the price for first-class Hotels. But here I pay for a upper Middle-Class Hotel in a tropical country and not in Munich or Tokyo. And comparing this Hotel with other nice Hotels in Phuket in this price-range I decided to stay here because of the very good food, the very warm family-like atmosphere and most important for me, the 24 hrs free wlan Internet-Access outside and inside the very clean and nicely arranged solid rooms and the beautiful pool on the roof (which is much longer than wide – that’s true).
Last but not least of course: No Tsunami can hit here. The construction-site in front and the unfinished rough last 150 m road to the Hotel are a disadvantage but sooner or later also this will be finished, I hope (even in Thailand). Walking to the beach and shops near by the beach can be (in the middle of a day) a little bit hot for somebody, who doesn’t like walking for about 10-15 minutes , but since motorbikes are very cheap to rent it’s only a smaller disadvantage for me. In the morning or in the evening, when it’s not so hot anymore I enjoy the walk in the tropical days end to Karon Beach and the Shops there. So to make a long story short, it depend (as always) on your priorities.

Very nice place

Hi,
I want to thank everyone a Pacific Club for making my vacation last month wonderful. The location is truly amazing! The road up is a bit steep, but offers probably the finest view in Karon beach. Looking out from the room, you could see everything below you. This place will always tower above the neighbors. The sunsets are truly amazing.
The swimming pool is probably the best garden spot i've been to. The water is crystal clear and the flowers are beautiful. Although it is a narrow pool, the length seems longer than a competion level pool. It is great for swimming laps or for just hanging out.
The dining room has a wonderful open air design and the music sounds great. The menu is delicious and so complete i never wanted to go elsewhere. The staff was wonderful and always took care of every need.
I actually enjoyed the walk up to the hotel. It's less than 10 minutes to the beach which really makes you feel good when you get there. The people all around are very friendly which make for a wonderful vacation.

Excellent Value for Money; Highly Recommend

Good day. Myself and a friend enjoyed a two week stay in May of 2006 at the Pacific Club Spa in Karon. I would just like to say that I (we) were thoroughly impressed. The suite was terrific, the roof pool was a very nice touch with great++ views, the food was exceptional, and the staff was amazing. I lived in Thailand for a number of years, so I know first hand how friendly and warm the Thai people can be. But the service here was simply above and beyond; very friendly, with a true effort to please. I can strongly recommend the resort, I can't imagine how you could be disappointed.

enjoyable stay

by TripAdvisor Member stcoktontraveller

Aplogies to Eric and his staff for the delay in submitting this review. My wife and I stayed at the Pacific Club in June for 10 days and had a very enjoyable time. We had a 2 bedroomed suite on the seventh floor with lovely views over the surrounding hills and to the sea, the building work going on was mostly unobtrusive. We had excellent service from everybody, May, the car driver, the restaurant staff (morning and night), housekeeping and the spa staff. Everyone was very helpful, when you asked for something it was done, the restaurant was excellent with very good food, drink and service. Being low season it was quiet which suited us as it meant the pool area was quiet also and made it all the more enjoyable, the only downside was that Karon beach area was very, very quiet but regular trips to Patong made up for that when we needed a bit of life. At the bottom of the hill opposite the Best Western is a taxi rank, the driver there is very good, he will take you anywhere and when you agree a pick up time to come back he's there on the dot and a good price too.
Now to the road, I'm pleased for Eric and his staff that the road is now completed, at least it stops the whingers looking for that particular fault. As far as we were concerned the walk up and down the hill wasn't much and we're over 60. We've stayed in some really nice B&B's in the USA before, many of them down dirt roads with other residential properties around so a 100mtrs of dirt road is hardly the end of the world, anyway that whinge has now been dealt with. The walk down to the road is only about 5 minutes and about 10 into the main Karon beach area, the Le Meridien may be on a nice beach but it's still a long way from anywhere. The Pacific club has many amenities, as many as some of the more expensive hotels where they take your money, lots of it, and you're still just a number to the corporate bosses. At least at the Pacific club you feel part of it especially when Rascal comes calling. Would we stay there again? well of course. It's always possible to stay in a large 300/400 bed hotel right on top of everything but then you could be anywhere in the world. The Pacific club is more than that, hope you're busy the rest of the year Eric.

We will think of Pacific when we think of Phuket

by TripAdvisor Member Khalifa_161

We have stayed at Pacific Club for 12 nights. We were very large group of 14 persons, two Arab families with lots of children. The group had delegated to me the selection of the hotel prior to our arrival at Phuket in June 9, 2006. After hard search in the net I made my selection to be Pacific Club. Prior to make the booking, I read a very negative review here in [---------------------]. To tell you the truth, I was very reluctant to continue with the booking but being a mature man I sent an email to the owner Mr. Eric informing him of my concerns. After his explanation and clarifications of that review, he asks me to try his hotel for few nights before making my final selection. It was a gentlemen agreement.

I must admit that we – all the group – had enjoyed every minutes of the 12 nights. Children had the pool all day time , women had the pool at nights. We the fathers and old boys enjoyed the near by beach plus our daily trip to Karon city.

Food are excellent, we had breakfast and dinners most of the days. It is worth to mention that the restaurant manager had changed his food menu to satisfy our taste because we are Muslim. The prices are affordable and of high quality. The chef – Thai girls – had privet cooking class for my wife.

Rooms, not only clean but also nicely decorated with beautiful bathroom.

Our daughters with their moms had frequently gone to the nearby forest. We occasionally rented the hotel large van. The van, not only clean and new but also has a very lovable driver. He knows the area and very quite man.

This is what to expect from family run hotel.

For Eric & all his staff, thank you very much for saving our vacation and we will come back to the Pacific Club if we ever return to Phuket.

A Great Resort

by TripAdvisor Member melbrown

my partner and i stayed here for 3 days before heading to koh samui. what a great resort. we were made very welcome on arrival and all staff gave excellent serice.
the rooftop pool was fantastic, we had a great room very clean & tidy and nothing was ever a problem if we needed something. the massage service was really good aswell as the restaurant food. only thing was we were always the only one's eating there because it was very quite when we stayed. there was construction going on but it wasn't a problem to us.

Very Nice Place

by TripAdvisor Member UMgoblue

My wife and I stayed at the Pacific Club for 4 nights in late July 2006. It was a very nice place and a good value.

The pluses are - the rooms are clean and very comfortable. The room shave little kitchen areas we found to be nice. The staff is friendly. The prices is very reasonable. The hotel is away from the main city area and is very quiet - we wanted quiet and for us that is a big plus. They have a very nice pool on the roof. I liked the sauna - my wife did not. The restaurant is good and resonably priced - the breakfast buffet is included in the room price and is nice.

The minuses are - The location is not at all convenient to anything. It is a few hundred meters off the main road away from the beach and up a steep hill. I like to walk and you can walk into the main beach area for other food and the 7 eleven, but it is a hot sticky walk back (about 15 minutes). There is a large condo construction site between the hotel and the beach. It turns out not really to be a problem, since they stop work at around 6pm, but it takes away from the view you are there for. Much of the staff does not speak english very well. We had mix ups on some kitchen orders and some other minor mis-understandings. Just be aware of it and realize their english is better than your Thai.

Overall, we were very happy here. It was our first trip to Phuket and I hope to be able to come back. Miss May, who is the main person to help to organize everything gives good advice and is very helpful to make arrangements for shows and tours. She got us great seats at the shows with one days notice.

Travel Tips Required

by apoorvasift98

Hi!

I would be in Phuket sometimes in November and would have full 2 days
free to do sightseeing and enjoy the local popular culture. Please
recommend "must visit" places and "must do" things in Phuket.

by lucy60

In twi days you hav etime to see some beach. I like Kata, Surin and Kamala. You may see Phukhet town (Sinoportuguese architecture and shopping). If you have tome you may go to Pee - pee Island on a day trip. Don't miss Nai Harn cape.

by Tina-Perth

Why don't you take a look at the pages people have written on Phuket. Take a look at mine too, I have put quite a bit up there.

by cakehouse

Do you remember any cheap good hotels with pool? and reliable taxi driver's names? to travel in phuket

by Tina-Perth

Sorry Cakehouse, I'm probably not the best person to ask, but have you looked at the Pacific Club Resort in Karon? It's a great little resort with lovely pool and spa area.

by Tina-Perth

I have one taxi driver under my transportation tips. Another one is Koy, he can be booked by emailing him on; koyphuketdriver@hotmail.com

by Quero

Since Phuket is an island, the best activities are water-based. Scuba diving is one of the top "must do" things, in my opinion (though I have to admit that I'm a dive fanatic), and I also think that sea kayaking is an unmissable adventure since Phang Nga Bay is a UN World Heritage site and is truly spectacular.

Comments