Phairin Beach Hotel

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Phuket

Patong Beach spectacular sunsetPatong Beach spectacular sunset

Beautiful blue watersBeautiful blue waters

Mama's and Pappa's Restaurant at Rawai PhuketMama's and Pappa's Restaurant at Rawai Phuket

Kamala beach in 1991Kamala beach in 1991

Booking excursions, and massage info

by bobjay25

Hi
Two questions

I am going to Phuket early October, I want to do a few excursions e.g. Phi Phi islands speedboat, kayaking etc.
Would I be better to book online before travelling, or book locally when I get there?

Also, I have been having treatment for back pain for a while, can anyone recommend a place for such treatment, ideally near to Karon beach?

Thanks
Rob

by Josilver

I am heading there in September. I have been told that it is much cheaper to book while you are there. For safety make sure you always use a travel agent/ shop not some one touting on the street as I have heard that they can sell you tours that don't exist.

by lindyz

Jo, last time I was there, I booked all our tours through a stall on the street and had no problems at all. Found a lady I liked who gave me the cheapest price for our first tour and then kept going back to her. We were getting exactly the same trip everybody else had paid much more for, it was my first time booking tours NOT through a travel agent/hotel desk and I was at first dubious, but had no probs at all. Overall, I saved less than half the price of all the tours we went on by doing it this way, so it was well worth it.

I believe if you pre-book your tours before you get to Phuket, you will pay at least double what you can bargain them down to on the streets, but the choice is entirely yours.

If you want exact prices, I can dig them up for you no probs :)

by Endoo

Yes, buying from tour agencies on the street are cheaper than from the resorts. However getting tours from "walking" people on the streets might not every time be a good idea, not price worthy either many times.

During this months the weather sometimes makes the boat trips to eg Phi Phi island impossible, sometimes not.

by lindyz

Agree with the last poster, I would only buy tours from an actual tour booth on the street that I would know where to go back to, if there was a problem. You are probably really playing with fire, if you just book from some random walking the streets, cos you will clearly not likely ever see them again!!!!!

Travel Tips for Phuket

Tourist Visa's etc

by Cathy&Gary

Australians (and many other countries - see link below) going to Thailand do not need to apply for a Visa if they are not staying longer than 30 days.

You will be granted a Transit Visa upon arrival by the immigration officer.

We stayed for 2 months so we applied for a Tourist Visa which is for a stay of up to 60 days.
You can have this arranged through your travel agent or do it yourself at the Thai Embassy.
We did ours through the Embassy, it took 2 days and cost $45.

Our next trip to Thailand will be for 3 months, so we will do the exact same as above then just before 2 months is up we will go into Phuket town and have our visa extended for a further 30 days at a cost of 1900baht each.

All the information for each country re visa's etc can be found on the link below:

The information and rules change quite regularly

MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS - KINGDOM OF THAILAND,

ROYAL THAI CONSULATE-GENERAL - OFFICE'S IN AUSTRALIA,

AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY THAILAND,

No more airport departure tax

by yukisanto

You don't have to pay the 500 baht airport departure tax anymore. Apparently it's now included in the ticket price. But do keep some baht with you at the airport to buy food with. Flights are not always puntual - and it seems to be habitual - I waited at least 30-45min for my Tiger Airways flight.

Khao Lak accommodations

by bulldogtwo

Welshwanderer,
Khao Lak is located about an hour north of Phuket, or about an hour north of the airport by bus. The resort that I mentioned was Phukhaolak resort, you can contact Jim at phukhaolak@hotmail.com. She can answer any questions you have, Or if you have more specific ones I can maybe answer them as well for you. From what you have described as to what you are looking for, I think you'll enjoy this.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Have FUN!

Phukets version of Myer!

by lindyz about Robinsons at Jungceylon

Robinsons Department Store is in the same building as Carrefours and I would say it is close to an equivalent to our Myer or David Jones Stores. With more up market shopping, but still at pretty good prices. I actually bought 2 pairs of shoes in here, one for me and one for Georgia for only 790bt each and Georgia was rather impressed with her shoes, a black pair of high heeled lace up low boots! I also bought some boxer undies for the boys in here. Also there is NO bargaining in this store.

Elvis Show

by Cathy&Gary about Elvis Show

Ritchie Newton has spent the last 27 years as an entertainer, the last 10 of them as a very successful Elvis Tribute Artist.

We were lucky to see Ritchie at the Patong Beach Hotel and I must say we were a bit skeptical about going as my sister Angie and I were bought up on Elvis, so why would we want to see someone trying to take him off.

Well, were we surprised. Ritchie is fantastic, he can sing!! His costumes are amazing and he is a lot of fun. To top it off he is also a really nice guy.

We had a great night out singing along (Angie and I were Ritchie’s back up singers) using our swivel sticks as microphones.

So for a nights of laughs and fun catch Ritchie’s show at the Patong Beach Hotel and the Holiday Inn on beach road, (plus other various locations around Thailand).

Ritchie has recently signed new contracts with the Patong Beach Hotel and Holiday Inn Resort in Phuket. Check out where and when Ritchie is playing on his website below.

Ritchie Newton Website

We highly recommend the Ritchie Newton show, it’s free and suitable for all age groups and is a great way to spend the evening.

Cathy and Garys Travel Pages