Phu-ke-ta Hotel

Phu-ke-ta Hotel
Expedia.com Agoda.com Asiatravel.com

More about Phuket

Outside of Coyotes MexicanOutside of Coyotes Mexican

Love this pic - Maya Bay with the glare of the sunLove this pic - Maya Bay with the glare of the sun

My Pork Roast was perfect - 299bahtMy Pork Roast was perfect - 299baht

Karon BeachKaron Beach

Night market in Patong beach area

by tenluk

How do we go to the night market in patong beach? what shud we tell the tuk tuk driver for that night market area? My friend take tuk tuk to Phuket town for the night market cost 500 baht.. is this price reasonable?
thank you so much for your advice.

by johnaalex

OK so you are going to Patong, but it would help if we knew where from before we could say what would be a fair price.

Regards

John

by tenluk

Actually, my friend has a holiday in phuket dan stay in patong beach area and she would like to find night market in patong beach are.. as I knew there is a night market there expecially in the soi but its strange tht she cannot find that night market and the tuk tuk recomended her to go to Phuket town night market one way for 500 baht.. Please advise.... thanks so much

by johnaalex

I do not think there is a specific "night market" in Patong. There is a lot of stalls at the OTOP market in Patong at the north end of Rat-U-Thit Road behind Holiday Inn, as well as lots of other shps and stalls along Rat-U-Thit Road.

Regards

John

John,

Thanks so much for your info

by TG111

Patong's only a small place, so if you just say "Patong" that will get you to somewhere near the middle of things! Or if you want to be more specific "Bangla Road is the middle of Patong, and right in the center of the whole Patong experience!

Yes, it might typically cost you about 500 at night from town to Patong, less in the day (around 300). Or you could rent a small motorbike for 150 a day, and about 50 baht petrol! Car rental for a day would only be around 900 Baht, plus a few hundred for petrol, so you could do a lot of different things in the day, as well as the night market and get a better deal than Tuk Tuks. For example, you could drive from Phuket town to Rawai, and up the coast road, which is well worth doing, during the day, stopping at the views and beaches along the day, then go to Patong in the evening.

An alternative if you don't want to rent a vehicle, and want to save money, is that there are local busses from Phuket town to Patong, until about 4:30 in the late afternoon. That will only cost you 30 Baht! Then you can stay a few hours and get the Tuk-Tuk back again! There are meter taxis too, which are generally a bit better price than Tuk Tuk.

have fun!

TG

Thanks TG

by PriceInfo

OTOP is the only night market in patong.

The real night market is near Expo towards Phuket town.

Travel Tips for Phuket

If you need a Hospital...

by Tina-Perth

If you get ill in Phuket, do not worry about the standards of the hospitals. The Bangkok Hospital in Phuket is the best hospital I've ever been to. It leaves Australia's hospitals looking like they belong in a third world country. Services are very cheap and you can pick up your prescriptions when you pay your bill, so it's also very convenient.

The efficiency, professionalism, resources, friendliness and understanding is amazing. Everything happens on the spot. For instance, I was suffering abdominal problems and attended the hospital without an appointment. I was checked in to see a gynaecologist and while I was waiting the 20 minutes to see her, I was seen by a nurse who took my blood pressure, weight and checked allergies etc. Within 1.5 hours I had been admitted, seen the gynaecologist, had an internal ultrasound, pregnancy test (in the gyno's room - by the gyno), had medicine prescribed, had my allergy injection with a nurse, picked up my medications and paid my bill which was under 2,000 baht! You can't get that in Australia! They even drive you back to your car when you have finished. Five star alright!

There are 12 different health centres within the hospital. The dermatology and dental clinics are renown for their services. Check the website for full details.

Upstairs there is a tsunami memorial and some information about the charity they support which is interesting to see, so if you're waiting for someone else, or have time, go and check it out.

24 hour emergency contact number: 076 25 44 25

website: www.phukethospital.com
email: info@phukethospital.com

CHOCOLATE!!

by adyw

I couldn't find any good chocolate!! sounds funny but it was expensive and not nice. If you love chocolate like me it is hard. I didnt die and you can always eat plenty of chocolate when you get back home. but there you go : )

Panwha Cape

by keeweechic

Panwha Cape is on the southernmost tip, 7km (4mi) from the town of Phuket. There is a small fishing village with shops and restaurants.

Because of the peninsular, there are not the long sweeping stretches of beaches you find in other parts of Phuket, but it is private and secluded.

Cheap DVD's, CD's

by Tina-Perth about Mr Noon

Mr Noon's shop is on Beach Road in Patong. They have had to change the price of their DVD's to 60 baht to be in line with other shops, but their CD's and music DVD's (not a huge selection) are 60 baht as well, unlike other shops that are charging 100 baht for CD's and Music DVD's. If he doesn't have all the selection you'd like to see, just ask him and he will send you to another guy with a shop next door who will give you the same price.

I like to support Mr Noon because of honest service with no problem with replacing faulty DVD's and friendly service. Roo will most likely be the one to help you these days. He will ensure that you are satisfied with your purchases.

I also find that the lady selling clothing in Mr Noon's downstairs is very cheap and she's always extremely friendly and easy to deal with. Take a look at her Ed Hardy, Diesel, Billabong and other designer brand t-shirts and the mens shorts are fantastic. DVD's, CD's, Music DVD's and clothing. 60 baht per CD, DVD or music DVD.

Join Minibus

by imstress

One of the cheapest mode of transportation from Airport to Patong Beach is to take the join minibus. Tickets are priced at THB150 and can be purchased at the counter upon exit of the arrival hall. You may also pay direct to the driver who will make purchase of the tickets on your behalf. The mini bus will depart when they have 10 passengers. Turn to your left and you will see a mini bus signage.

Although the price of THB150 is cheap compared to the price of a taxi, I would caution those in a hurry to pay the extra THB to have your own taxi to bring you direct to your destination. I would consider taking the join minibus as a tourist trap as they don’t even ask us where we were all going when we board.

Finally, we were all driven to a travel agent company where they gave an excuse that there were so many of us and need to check our tickets and make some rearrangements. So we were all asked to seat at the desk. The staff asked where we are going and have we booked our accommodations and tours. He tried to sell us accommodation and tour packages and we gave them the we are not interested look. We wasted half an hour of our time here where we have to wait for the rest to be brainwashed. Surprisingly, the rest were local Thais and they all signed up their packages either for tour or accommodations. Probably they were given locals prices.

Comments