Phuket Pavilions

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Phuket Pavilions

Baan Suan Layan

by Cathy&Gary about Baan Suan Layan

This beautiful restaurant is past all the Laguna complexes at Cherngtalay on the way to Layan Beach not far from the Phuket Pavilions.
It will take just over 30 minutes to drive there from Patong Beach.

The decor is very different, beautiful waterfalls and tropical gardens, chunky wooden furniture, orchid gardens, fish ponds, peacocks, huge wood logs across the ceilings.

There is also a children playground out the front next to the huge car park. The grounds also have lots of animals such as little pigs, dogs, chickens and peacocks.

It was not until this restaurant was recommended to us that we realized we had been past here many times and not really taken any notice, so one day we ventured in for lunch.

Baan Suan Layan is very impressive and we were amazed at how cheap the meals and drinks were.

Our first visit here was fantastic.

We ordered an entrée of Morning Glory crispy salad (80baht) to share and it would have to be the best morning glory dish I have ever tasted.
The bowl this meal was in is also edible as it is made from taro and the dipping sauce was sensational!!

My main was the stuffed Thai chicken and vegetable omelette (100baht) and Gary ordered deep fried cuttlefish with garlic and pepper (90baht).
Both dishes were perfect and beautifully presented.

Our lunch which was one entree, 2 mains, a Thai tea and large Singha (90baht) only came to 420baht!!!!.
The staff were also very helpful and service was quick.

We also went back for dinner one night with friends but it was totally different to our lunch experience.

The restaurant was no where near full and there was plenty of staff working so the 6 of us ordered drinks and food.

After numerous reminders that we were still waiting for 2 meals to come out, we were about to give up and pay the bill when they finally arrived.
Sadly both meals were not worth waiting for.

My deep fried prawns with garlic and pepper were virtually inedible, the prawns were so overcooked and they were smothered in tons of dried garlic about an inch thick.
Gary’s fish was not much better and very tasteless.

We were so disappointed, I didn’t even take photos of the meals and that’s rare for me!!

Would we go back again, yes we will, it is a lovely restaurant and we will give it another chance!

High Hopes, Low Impact . . .

by TripAdvisor Member A&TLuxury

My wife and I was staying at the Phuket Pavilions from 26 to 29 April 07. As avid resort goers, our expectation of Phuket Pavilions was pretty high. The resort is located at a secluded part of Phuket and as we arrive at the main entrance, the road leading to the property gives a sense of exclusivity & privacy. Cool.

The reception area has a touch of minimalist design blended with urban tropical furnishing. Contemporary music is being played all day. You can even have your breakfast here with a good view as it is situated on a hill. Resort Host by the name of Martin greeted us with a warm touch and we were quite impressed with his hospitality.

Upon checking in, we were ferried to our villa no.19 in a buggy. The pathways to the villas are kind of narrow (very much like Banyan Tree Bintan which we visited some time back) creating a sense of seclusion, very good design for villa style resort. However, there are a number of things that we believe that the management can improve on and we hope that our comments can be constructive.

Colours & Furnishing Concept -
The concept of having an infinity-edge pool in every villa is definitely a plus. However, there were some flying insects and leaves that fall into the pool, this requires asking for pool sieving service. In the early evenings, the insects start to appear in the outdoors and we were unable to enjoy the pool or have dinner at the patio. The insects & bugs can be very disturbing as they are pretty big in size, although it was no part of the resort’s fault.

When it comes to the décor and colour theme in the villa, we felt that it had not been very well thought through. The furnishings in the living area did not blend with the concept of a luxurious villa. There is colour mismatch and materials used do not give a sense of luxurious feel, you can see it from the pictures. The grey-coloured walls of the bedroom give a gloomy feeling and its lighting is not sufficient to create a romantic atmosphere. Reflective or recess lights should have been used to generate the warmness of a bedroom.

Services & Spa -
In-villa services are very efficient and the villa was quite well maintained except that the doors to the living room and bedroom can’t be latched securely.

However, we encountered a disappointment with the spa service. We had booked two spa appointments. The first one went on well except that we were very surprised with the hasty actions of the spa masseurs as they set up the spa beds robotically without a smile. The massage was good but I suppose that going to a spa treatment room would have been better. They made a timing mistake on the 2nd spa appointment and merely apologized that nothing can be done, as all time slots are full. It was only when we went down to the lobby to enquire further that suddenly, quite a number of time slots could be offered to us. We were pissed off with the lies, the unpleasant attitude of the lady and zero customer recovery service.

Food -
Menu selection was not very wide. You may run out of choices when you stay for more than 3 days. Must say that food quality is above average for the Thai curry but thumbs down for their pastas. We were quite surprised not to find pizzas in the menu. However, they provide complimentary transport to nearby Laguna area. Try Banyan Tree Saffron restaurant for dinner, it can be very romantic and be prepared to pay a little more…well worth the price!

Environment, Ambience & Facilities -
It is very quiet during both day and night. Guess it has to be this way since its villa style resort. Good for romantic getaways and if you are looking for some things to do outside your villa but within the property, then you wouldn’t find much. The 360 Bar at the top of the resort gives a very good panorama view but lacks life. We are not expecting loud music but you can hardly find a soul during lounge hours. Perhaps it is because there isn’t anything that attracts the guests to patronize. On the flip side, you may find ‘privacy’ since there isn’t a soul around. The drinks menu was extremely limited; we can’t even find our favorite Pinacolada or coconut juice! The recommended drink by the bar tender was quite ‘unpleasant’ to drink.

The music available in the ipod was fusion and with very fast tempo (not relaxing for us); it should also include a variety of other slow tempo selections, like those that are played in spas.

Overall View -
As my wife and I are in the real estate business, we have seen a number of properties (villas) that have beautiful architectural design. Sad to say, the villas in Phuket Pavilions are not tastefully done. However, the concept of every villa having an infinity-edge pool is a saving grace for the resort.

There is one last thing that we have to point out is that the staffs for in-villa services (both food & spa) need to be more gracious & friendly. At times, they seem to be in a hurry in carrying out their services in our villa. It’s like more ‘just get the job done and get out’ instead of taking things a little slower and build relationship with their guests. It will add more warmth to the overall service.

Heaven On Earth

by TripAdvisor Member Daisychain37

What can be said about our experience of Phuket Pavilions......magical! The hotel was suggested by the travel agent as she had stayed there too. We decided to treat ourselves as it was our honeymoon, and it was just idyllic. We were collected from the airport and when we got into the luxurious air conditioned car, we were offered from the cooler box in the front seat, complimentary cold bottles of water or beer. With the tempature outside being 33 degrees, the drinks were very much appreciated! We were also handed chilled face-cloths which helped immensley. When we arrived at the hotel, we were brought into the lobby and greeted by our very own butler, Gain. He explained all about what the hotel and area had to offer, while we sipped on fruit juice. Our luggage was brought up to the room for us and Gain accompanied us to the room. Again he showed us around the villa and explained all about the room service etc. The food and service are incredible in the hotel. Our villas was just stunning as was our own private pool. The staff are so friendly and polite, nothing was too much for them. Our butler found out that I love elephants and told us where we could see one. He even came with us to show us where they were. When we arrived the person that owned the elephants was heading home. Gain ran after the owner and explained that I'd love to see the elephants - they came back to us with a baby elephant! He even showed us a famous temple, that was absolutley gorgeous. I have never known hotel staff to go "beyond the call of duty" like that. They are a credit to the hotel.
I could ramble on all day about the hotel. We cannot wait for our fifth wedding anniversary, as we've promised ourselves to go back there again. We would highly recommend the hotel if you are looking for friendly staff, five star quality and service and the most enjoyable holiday you'll ever had. Thank you to all the staff for a magical honeymoon!

**BEST HOTEL IN THE WORLD**

by TripAdvisor Member cindy1983

What can I say!!
I am a travel agent and have visited some of the best hotels in the world and the Phuket Pavilions was amazing!!

When our resort host drove us up to Villa number 17, opened the door and showed us our villa I was so bowled over by the Villa that I nearly cried!!

The villa's are so massive and no pictures on the internet can do them justice! If you are reading this because you have booked - boy you are in for an amazing treat.

The views are amazing, sipping drinks by your pool while listening to your I-Pod with such cool tunes on.

This hotel should definietly be ranked number one in Phuket.
I know it is around £230.00 in high season but it is so worth it for what you get.

Food, drinks and spa treatments are reasonable considering such a high end property and the service is fast and friendly.

Layan beach is paradise. Much better than busy Bang Tao (even though Bang Tao is lovely) When we were there, there were only 4 people on the whole beach - heaven!!

We only stayed for six nights but during that time we didnt hear or see any other guests the whole time - that is how private these wonderful villa's are!

I have no negative points about this hotel at all only positives.

I am booking for a return stay for two weeks in March 08, and I generally never return to the same place twice.

If you are reading this and have not booked - BOOK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superb!

by TripAdvisor Member dr_amjad

We stayed at the Phuket Pavilions for 4 days in July for our honeymoon. Initially I really didn't know what to expect. My decision to choose this hotel was based on the good reports on this site.

We were picked up from the airport by the hotel car. The hotel is a 20-25 min drive away. At the hotel we were greeted by our Villa Assistant (Goong) and were shown to our villa.

The villas were clean, well maintained and extremely spacious, apart from being private. Some of the earlier reports had mentioned the presence of a lot of geckos and them being a nuisance. The geckos are present, but they are mostly heard, not seen and rarely pose a problem.

The view from the villa is very good, and you can catch a good view of the ocean. The bedroom offers a great view of the pool and the ocean.

The best part of the entire stay was the wonderful service from the staff, especially our villa assistant Goong. Everyone was very courteous and prompt. All our little needs were taken care of instantly. This made a huge difference to the quality of our stay. The service was flawless, and we really missed the quality of it when we left and went to the next hotel in our destination!

The villa has a well stocked minibar, free wireless internet, the famous ipod with music, and a tv/dvd player. The bathroom is huge and may well be the size of a small hotel suite in itself. Wonderful tub, and superb shower.

The hotel has no beach attached, and the nearest beach (Layan Beach) is about 5 mins away by the hotel bus, which has scheduled trips every 2 hrs. However, we did not like the beach at all. It was relatively uncrowded, but there was trash (bottles, bags) being washed up. Even the sand was quite coarse. I would recommend going to some other beach.

The hotel's room service menu is quite small. Some regular fare (burgers/sandwiches), thai food and some other continental dishes. Not much to choose from, but whatever we had ordered in the room was very good.

The hotel has a bar/restaurant at the top of the hill called 360. Our villa assistant recommended that we try it, and we did on our last night there. I cannot comment on the drinks since I don't drink! The menu there is similar to whats on the room service menu but the taste was entirely different. The mango and pineapple juice tasted weird! Not at all similar to what we had been ordering in the room. Even the food was not exactly the way we would have liked it to be. I would not want to comment more on the food since this is a subjective matter.

In short, this is a highly recommended place! Great for honeymooning, great service and really nice villas. There may be some small issues to ponder on but they are easily forgotten as you get lost in the tranquility here.

Incredible rooms and views. totally relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member pedbultaco

We stayed at the Pavillions for two weeks in Feb. It was nothing short of stunning.
When we were taken to our pavillion (one bedroom) on the evening we arrived, the porter opened our door to our apartment and we were blown away by how fantastic the room was. My girlfreind got so emotional she burst into tears.
The apartments consist of a very large living room, small kitchen with a fridge freezer and sink (no facilities to cook though), a wide hallway leading to the single bedroom that is connected to the massive bathroom. The decoration is beautifully and tastefully done with fresh flowers in huge vases (birds of paradise) at various locations in the apartment and it had a nice mix of modern and traditional furniture. The flooring throughout is polished concrete (nicer than it sounds). The bedroom has sliding doors that allow you get out of bed in the morning and walk straight into the pool.
In the living room, more sliding doors open out to the pool area. In our apartment (9) we were right on the edge of the complex and didn't overlook any other buildings. There was a large open area for the sunbeds and a small open building to the left of the pool where sit in the shade. Dotted around were a couple of decorative pools with lilys and plants in.
We felt private enough to nude sunbathe all day every day. This isn't the case with all the apartments so if you want to nude sunbathe make sure you send an email when you book to reserve the more private rooms. I don't think any rooms are really overlooked but you can see into some of the pools if you tried (i did this in the name of research!) The pool was 12m x 6m, so easily big enough to swim in.

There are two places on the resort to eat and drink, the 360 bar and the more formal restaraunt in the lobby. The 360 bar is at the top of a hill but not too far to walk from any of the apartments, the hill is very steep but if you're too tired from doing nothing all day you can ring down to reception and they'll send a golf cart to take you there. It's worth the trip with stunning views and incredible sunsets practically every night. The lobby resturant is nice but more formal and very quiet. Food is excellent but the menu isn't huge so in two weeks you'll have gone through the whole list. Cocktails in the 360 bar are top notch and cost around £4 each, my fave was the espresso Martini, gets you drunk and wakes you up at the same time!

The 360 bar is open to anyone and sometimes you see (and hear) reps from other resorts entertaining clients and trying to sell them pieces of Thailand. I realise this makes me sound like some kind of inverted snob but many of these people were a bit 'la-de-da' if you know what I mean. Often standing up and pointing at the development areas in the bay and describing (very loudly) the buildings that are going up. I found this annoying and noticed the people who were buying property barely looked at the view before 'getting down to business'.

If there are any other minus points, the breakfasts are a little repetitive after a week (eggs done five ways) but the portions are big so we kept some food back and ate it throughout the day only having a meal in the evening. Plus the resort is a fair distance away from anything else, The closest beach is a ten minute drive away (free transfer) and a bit disappointing. We got a taxi to Phuket town on one day but only stayed for a couple of hours as we're not really interested in buying counterfeit Diesel jeans and D&G watches. The other desination available with a free transfer is Canal village which is a shopping centre in another resort. We bought a bottle of Gin and some tonic at the supermarket and kept it in our room. The minibar in the room wasn't that pricey but I don't like spending money when I don't have too! Canal village is ok for gifts but relatively pricey.

In summary, the pavillions are a perfect place to relax and forget the outside world and read a suitcase full of books. If you're after nights out dancing and can't entertain yourself this really won't be your bag.

Amazing Honeymoon

by TripAdvisor Member nicjim

We stayed here for 8 nights on our honeymoon from the 2nd May and it was nothing short of spectacular.
Our villa (number 12) was so much better than we ever could have imagined. From the amazing big private pool to the comfortable beds and the huge bathroom you could not want for anything more. We could not see anyone from our pool and are pretty sure noone could see us so it was totally private.
Our private butler Nutte was so helpful and obliging organising dinners, trips in the shuttle right down to rose petals in the bath.
The food at the hotel is excellent. Do yourself a favour and try the banana coconut pancakes at breakfast they were divine. We tried several of the local restaurants over our time there and there were some good ones (lotus on the beach for seafood) but the best curries we had were at the hotel from the room service menu.
The 360 bar had really good cocktails (try the 360) and the view was amazing and even though the resort was apparently full while we were there we hardly saw another couple the whole time.
Layan beach is well worth the trip and alot quieter than Bang Tao beach though I would recommend going to Bang Tao if just to see the elephants that walk along the beach at around 4pm every day!
The spa treatments were very reasonably priced and as they were in your villa very convenient and relaxing.
The only small criticism/suggestion I have is that while they give you an ipod which is fantastic and has some great tunes you can't hear it from the pool as there are no speakers outside and it's too hot to keep the door open.
We nearly booked the Banyan Tree but changed our mind at the last minute and I am so glad we did! I would highly recommend this resort to anyone especially for a honeymoon it's the ideal place to spend some quiet, quality, stress free time together.

Exactly what we were looking for

by TripAdvisor Member lhomme

My fiancee and I spent 2 weeks in Thailand thanks to a trip we won through Safeway (a major supermarket chain in Canada). The trip was only 10 days long, and included various eco-tourism-type activities...not so 5-star, but still nice. Since the trip was free, I decided to spend a little extra on some luxury at the end to bring the trip up to a full 2 weeks.

Booked through asiarooms.com - $281USD/night, low season

Our 4 night stay in a 1 BR villa (#11) at the Pavillions (May 8-12, 2007) was certainly a highlight of our trip. The service was fantastic and the villa was majestic. We were greeted by our host (available 24h, although we didn't really ever need him) who brought us to our villa in a golf cart (steep hills). The first thing he did when we go to the room was to install the iPod nano on the stereo system and to play some relaxed house music mixed by their in house DJ (he's there in high season only).

The view of the Andaman sea and Bangtao Bay is amazing. The hotel is quiet and the gorgeous infinity pool overlooking the view is very private. Only a tiny area allowed other guests to see us from the waist up.

The bedroom, living room, walk through closet/vanity, double sink bathroom with large showerhead and granite tub were ample in size and luxury. The kitchenette in the 1 BR villas are too small to cook in, but the fridge is big enough to keep all your drinks cold.

If you get bored and want to stay in, they have a selection of DVD's that they will bring you - although given the luxury of the hotel/villa I was disappointed to have only a CRT ~27-32" screen, and no surround sound...but that's just me. The room would easily accomodate a nice 40 or 50-something inch plasma/lcd wall-mount TV...oh well.

An American styte breakfast is served either in the hotel lobby or in your room every morning...quite good, although some variety would be nice. Room service is relatively inexpensive and quite good...and convenient when you're focused on tanning, reading, and drinking by your private pool.

We didn't try the in room spa service. We treated ourselves to a 3hr Hawaiian Lomo Lomi Couples Spa treatment at the Banyan Tree instead. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...even for you macho guys out there. It is just down the hill and accessible via the Pavillions' free shuttle service to the Laguna resort area. The shuttle also takes you to Layan Beach (shared with the Trisara hotel) also at set times throughout the day.

The 360 bar at the top of the resort (and top of the hill) has an almost 360 panoramic view (W-S-E), and is a great place to take in some house music and a cocktail and actually meet some of the other guests. The hotel was actually full but the hotel was so quiet and the villa so secluded that we were sure it was only half booked. The food was decent.

What's lacking is an actual dedicated hotel restaurant, but I think this is in the plans. The hotel is only 2 or 3 years old. The hotel definitely lack that "resort feel". There are no public areas to walk around in, no shops, etc... but that is exactly how it is designed to be. Just be aware of that. Also, I would suggest renting a car (which we did, 7000 Baht/day junk-mobile...fun) if you're planning on touring the island or going shopping in Phuket Town or going elsewhere for lunch/dinner/drinks. Private transport by the hotel van/limo is relatively expensive (~1,000 Baht one way), and they won't transport you back to the hotel later than 11pm...so much for partying in Patong Beach (20min drive)! Only 20min drive to the airport too.

I would definitely go back, and would recommend this hotel to anyone. That said, there are so many amazing places to stay in Phuket that by the time I make it back there, I'm sure that I'll be inticed by something different.

Love the private edge pool

by TripAdvisor Member Newcompass

Stayed 6 nights, highly recommended in every way. Can't wait to go back.

Rooms and service second to none. Great food, resort private and quiet. Would recommend for couples only.

Beautiful hotel but something missing

by TripAdvisor Member itsminty

I contacted the hotel directly and got a fast response everytime. Already it was giving me a good impression on the hotel.

I arranged for a private hotel transfer and felt like royalty when picked up from the airport.
Arrived at the hotel and was amazed by the view. The reception area was ambient already i felt so relaxed.

I was dissapointed that i couldn't get my room when i arrived, even though i specifically asked for early check-in.. but never mind. THey drove me to the Laguna area to walk around until my room was ready.

The pool and view blew me away.The rooms were nice but it didn't give me a warm feeling.

I pre-booked a spa months in advance and sent them a reminder email just before i was about to arrive. I mentioned it again at the reception when i was checking in and they tolf they had to reschedule, whici i didn't mind because i wasn't going anywhere. The time came up for me to have my spa and 10 minutes later it still never came. So i called and some excuse was given. Spa was ok but felt rushed.

Food was good. Room facility and ipod was fantasctic.
To round up, you will be blown away with the views and pool. But i felt there was something missing., but can't pin point to what it was.

Comments