65 KateKwan Rd., Kata Beach, , Phuket, 83100, Thailand

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Sawasdee Village

Perfect Honeymoon Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Realistic_Oz

We stayed 10 nights at Sawasdee Village for our honeymoon and it was wonderful in every aspect. Not really what I'd call a 'hotel' it is made up of 45 or so luxury bungalows in a tropical rainforest setting, with gorgeous landscaping, gardens and fish ponds. The experience is more than that of a busy Phuket hotel, but a distinct Thai escape. The theming, the atmospheric lighting and music really do allow you to be taken away into the tropical oasis that it is. Yet only just outside the doors the 'typical' Phuket experience is there.

With plentiful staff responding to your every whim and need in absolute Thai friendliness, you couldn't want for a nicer response from the people at Sawasdee.

Upon arrival it was a fruit cocktail and a warm welcome, on departure a nice photographic reminder of your stay. In between, nothing but the best in accommodation experience.

With a prime Kata location, close to the beach, close to restaurants and shops, yet far enough removed as to allow some space to breathe, Sawasdee Village made our Phuket trip.

I highly recommend this place for visitors wanting a nice relaxing experience mixed with all that the Kata/Karon Beaches have to offer.

A Little Piece of Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member cschield

We stayed in Sawasdee Village for 2 nights for our honeymoon. All I can say is WOW! As soon as you pull up the resorts hosts come to meet your car and you are given a refreshing drink as you sign in, which they make sure is as painless as possible. The pool is the best thing about the resort and its like a jungle oasis. The foliage throughout the resort is beautiful and there are great little decorative pieces that add so much to the "Thai-ness" of it all. There are Koi fish in ponds throughout and water features with places to sit and contemplate the beauty of such a place.

The rooms, while small are nice, comfortable and extremely clean. There is a hair dryer in the room and a personal computer and internet to use at any time. Through the computer you can also watch a video or TV, but honestly who wants to watch TV when you have paradise outside your door?

The restaurant is very good and we went to breakfast there everyday and dinner one night. But if I were you, I would just walk to Kata Beach and pick one of the many restaurants and try the food there. Its cheaper and you get so much more of an experience. I would do the same with the massages. For a quarter of what you would pay at the resort, you can get just as good of a massage from one of the many massage parlours that line the streets into Kata. We went to Lucky Massage and got a great Thai massage....would go back in a heartbeat.

The beach is about a 10 minute walk but its nice and gives you some exercise. The beach is beautiful and the water clean and warm. You have to pay some money to use the beach lounges but its worth it in my opinion.

Bottom Line: If you want a beautful Thai experience and a gorgeous, personal and small resort with quality instead of quantity, run-don't walk to Sawasdee Village. You will get such a perfect piece of paradise.

Wonderful Retreat!

by TripAdvisor Member Irishgirl

We stayed for 3 days at Sawasdee Village. We had a rough flight to Phuket, but when we arrived at Sawasdee, we felt as if we had entered our own little paradise. It is a gorgeous place, filled with lush vegetation and mini-waterfalls. We were greeted with a cool towel and a fruity drink, then led to our room which was right outside of the pool. The pool is so cute, with a great little pool bar. The staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. They were so friendly and accomodating. Their personal service and attention was so appreciated.

We love the beach, and it was about a ten minute walk to Kata Beach from the resort. It is located behind Club Med, so you need to walk around it.

They had a great spa, where we went one night to treat ourselves. Much more expensive than the ladies in the little massage parlors, but worth it because of the beautiful atmosphere.

My husband and I are not into the enormous, generic type hotels, so Sawasdee was perfect. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is lucky enough to travel to Phuket!

You feel like in paradise

by TripAdvisor Member weddimooner

Sawasdee Village was a very nice surprise to me. After spending one week in Bangkok, I was longing for something quiet and peaceful - and Sawasdee was a place like that. I was a little bit disappointed when the taxi stopped before the building as the entrance was not too convincing. You only see a huge, tall wall but when you enter, you feel like in paradise. Waterfalls, candles, lights, statues, tropical flowers and plants, ponds full of fish, nature surrounds you. There are only 40 rooms or so in the hotel and it was ideal for us as we wanted to avoid the crowd. All the staff members were polite and nice.
Good points:
- beautiful garden, pool, restaurant, astonishing decoration
- helpful, professional, polite staff
- good restaurant, a wide selecion of breakfast
- pool bar with seats in the water
- Internet in the room
- beach towels and beach bag
- beach shuttle in every hour
- good restaurants, massage, tourist offices, shops in the street
- library
- you receive a nice fruit basket when you arrive, our bed was decorated as we were on honeymoon and we received 2 bottles of water every day
Downsides:
- it takes 10-15 minutes to walk to the beach (or you can use the shuttle bus)
- garden view rooms are quiet, poolside rooms are maybe a little bit noisy
- lot of mosquitos (some repellent solves this inconvenience)
- poolside is rather shady
- pool is beautiful but relatively small, we were there in the low season but poolside was full and there was only a couple of beach beds
I would recommend this hotel to everybody. I was really sad to leave.

Small rooms and pool but lovely otherwise

by TripAdvisor Member artemis1

We stayed 8 nights at the Sawasdee Village in November. The setting of this hotel is lovely, beautiful gardens and they are all one storey rooms. As mentioned by others, the rooms are small. We weren't quite prepared for how small though! Large bed though so that takes up a lot of space. There is no tv as such but you can access it through the computer in the room, which means the screen is small and you watch it from an awkward angle in the bed. The toilet is odd too, although there is a door to it, it doesn't go right to the top of the ceiling, so it isn't very private which is fine until you get an upset tummy.

The pool also is quite compact and there aren't enough pool side chairs. However, we ended up going to the beach as it was more entertaining watching the owrkd go by there.

Aside from the small-ish rooms and pool, the hotel is gorgeous and the staff are lovely. So friendly and genuinely so. We had a night at the Bangkok Marriot later on and the woman checking us in was so snooty. I dearly missed our friendly reception staff in Phuket.

They also got me a birthday cake which was a nice surprise!

Breakfast in the hotel was lovely, I mainly had the fresh fruit and toast but Alan started to enjoy his pancakes and omlettes a bit too much. We never had a massage there.

Opposite the hotel is a great little restaurant called Deep Cafe which we ate in most nights. it was just perfect, close by and great Thai food in simple surroundings. There are also a few places to get your laundry done opposite which is just so cheap and comes back within 24 hours clean and beautifully ironed.

I also liked the hotel because it wasn't on the main tourist route so it was quite quiet. That is until the frogs and crickets started up at night! Much better than having a bar nearby though.

For the price we paid we felt we got a gem of a hotel and as there's only 40 or so rooms you were made to feel very welcome. The staff were the nicest I've come across in all our travels in Thailand and go out of their way in everything you ask of them. A truly lovely experience.

Sawasdee was a little bit of paradise

by TripAdvisor Member Proboscus

If you really want to stay in Phuket, and you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of Patong, Sawasdee is a good choice. It is a mini paradise, quiet, beautiful, scenic, and very romantic. The grounds are perfectly designed and kept up, the buildings are very Thai and lovely and the overall atmosphere inside the 'Village' is calming and serene. The location has it's issues. The Club Med that is right in front of the Sawasdee does block yoru vie of the ocean and it is a 10 minute walk aroudn the Club Med compund to get to the beach. There is a van that the hotel provides but it will not feel like a beach front eperience and walking out of the grounds of the Sawasdee and facing that huge ugly white wall that surrounds Club Med makes it feel like you are not at at the beach. If you don't want to spedn every day at the beach and you like your privacy, laying around the pool and on your own beautiful front porch, than that should not be an issue. The pool at the Sawasdee is gorgeous but small and you have to 'claim' your chair early in the morning and most of the chairs are in the shade. It is quiet though and you can relax, read and spend lots of time reflecting. Kata Beach is nice and the quietest part of Phuket, unless you go even further south to Kata Noi. The shops are okay - alittle on the cheap and touristy side. Nothing much to really buy, especially if you have travled the rest of the country. The night scene is quiet unless you go to Patong, which is like Miami Beach, Las Vegas and Bourbon Street all rolled into one. If you stay at Sawasdee, make sure to get a delux room, they are small but adequate and nicely decorated. Also, be sure to do some day trips. The tours to Phnang Nga National Park and James Bond Island and the Muslim Flaoting village are great. We also hired a fisherman to take us to Coral Island to snorkel off Banana beach - also well worth it! I would recommend Sawasdee if you are looking for peaceful, aestetic beauty and small low key atmosphere. Enjoy!

Sharon and Steve from Massachusetts

thai oasis

by TripAdvisor Member carkrisy

I loved this hotel from the warm welcome till the day we sadly had to leave. I had a pool side room which was great for us .If want a lot of privacy I would not request pool side i liked having the pool at my front door. The beds were beautiful and comfortable . you have a tv and internet access in the room. The staff was very helpful. only downfall not right on the beach but,not a long walk and they do have a shuttle service. the gardens make up for it . the breakfast was plentiful and yummy. The pool was small but never felt over crowded there is a nice poolside bar also that has different grill special everyday. i loved this place wish i was there now

A Great Discovery

by TripAdvisor Member keely12

We stayed here for 2 nights in January, and really enjoyed it. Once you're on the property, you feel a million miles away from the outside world. We didn't mind that it wasn't on the beach since the pool was so nice--though they do need more chairs. The grounds were lovely, the restaurant was good, and the staff was really nice. The rooms were great and having a computer with free internet inside was helpful. We booked a garden view, which are more private than the pool view rooms. Some of the pool view ones are just steps away from the pool, which may or may not be what you are looking for. We would definitely return.

Mixed feelings

by TripAdvisor Member Arvostelija

We stayed at Sawasdee for one week. The Tripadvisor's great reviews rose high expectations.
My rating would by somewhere between 3-4, but I did not want to choose 3, if it is considered as a neutral or average, Sawasdee surely wasn't that. There were many positive sides. Very well kept and really, really beautiful place with a service that would answer to any expectations.
The but-section is still there and comes when you think about the rooms. In my opinnion the room didn't have proper lighting (1). Toilet had only one tub for luke warm water(2). How should your wash your eyeglasses or make-up? I used the shower, but still...It was a rather nice to have the computer with free internet access. The computer was also used as a TV-screen. It was really too small for that purpose(3). Also the airconditioning didn't face the standard (4). It was loud and the air was blowing straigh to there person next to it.
For my mind these (small) details made our holliday inconvenient. And at the same time, I think the place was somehow very special with all the lovely things. Would I stay there again..I doubt.

Sawasdee PHUKET - Thailand

by RoyJava

"Phuket Always In Mind For Now"

... in mind the horrible X-mas tsunami of South-East Asia ...
in heart the lost ot more than 150.000 souls
a pray for them and the relatives

Still Sawasdee/Hello Phuket, we all keep you in heart and mind and will come back for support ...

Baan Rim Pa Restaurant SignBaan Rim Pa Restaurant Sign

One of Nikita's pizzaOne of Nikita's pizza

Watersports at Phuket's beachesWatersports at Phuket's beaches

More BeachMore Beach

Anyone in Sawasdee Village Resort, Kata Beach NOW?

by baldurontour

Hello dear VT friends,

I read that there is a construction nearby or in the hotel. Is anyone NOW staying in "Sawasdee Village" in Phuket who can confirm if the construction is really annoying?

Thanks for a quick answer, since I need to confirm my reservation (9.Nov - 14. Nov. 2007) soon.

Ciao from Weinheim,
Baldur

Re: Anyone in Sawasdee Village Resort, Kata Beach NOW?

by sybille

Hi Baldur, this is what the resort says about the ongoing construction:

"Sawasdee Village is ongoing construction of 14 new luxury villas and an additional pool from 7 September 2007 until 30 September 2008. The work is commencing daily from 10 am. to 6 pm. There will be some noise disturbance"

Re: Anyone in Sawasdee Village Resort, Kata Beach NOW?

by baldurontour

Thanks sybille....we did change our mind and will now stay somewhere at Kata Beach.

ciao,
baldur

Eeeny meeny ... where to book?

by DubaiRes

OK. Got my hotels down to 2. Mangosteen and Sawasdee Village.
Anyone been there? Which to choose for some R&R and thai
atmosphere?

RE: Eeeny meeny ... where to book?

by Tina-Perth

Sorry, I haven't stayed at either of those. Have you checked the reviews for those places on VT yet?

RE: RE: Eeeny meeny ... where to book?

by TedKarma

Price difference and location say Sawadee Village - the undiscovered jewel of Phuket!

RE: Eeeny meeny ... where to book?

by Indieke

The Sawasdee-village is beautiful, and if yous search Thai athmoshere, this is the place to be!

In season, I thought it is a bit expensive. Although very nice, the romms are very, very small. Just the bed and a very small bathroom.

The pool is beautiful, but it is very difficult to sit by it, as again, not enough space.

Alternatives are Kata Poolside, wich is also close to the beach, and CC blooms. But although cc is magnificent, it is not close to any center and you need a bike!

RE: RE: Eeeny meeny ... where to book?

by Indieke

Also an alternative:

Andaman Cannacia. Thai style, big rooms, fantastic view in some and great swimming-pool.

Comments