SleepWithMe

39/119 Prabaramee Rd, 83250, Thailand
Me Hotel
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

More about Phuket

Franks excellent jumping skills in the poolFranks excellent jumping skills in the pool

and this is the finale!and this is the finale!

Islander Bar & Restaurant - Roast Chicken 230bahtIslander Bar & Restaurant - Roast Chicken 230baht

Kata beach, PhuketKata beach, Phuket

DuangJitt Resort Phuket

by chantalleptos

Hello,

I think I have finally chosen a resort to stay in!

Any comments about resort?

I am going to book a superior room, any recommendations about whether I should request a specific location for my room i.e. certain area of resort, close to particular facilities, etc..

Thank-you!!

Re: DuangJitt Resort Phuket

by ketch1973

just input the resorts name into trip advisor and click on hotel reviews. i always find this is a great way of finding out what other folk have experienced at resorts or hotels i am maybe going to book.

Re: DuangJitt Resort Phuket

by tigertribal

We stayed in the Duangjitt in July 2010 in a superior room. The room was spacious & cleaned on a daily basis. We were in block 9, 3rd floor, overlooking the larger of the 3 pools. The buffet breakfast was good. We ate dinner outside the hotel as it was cheaper & lots of choice.
Turn left exiting the hotel for a 5 min walk to beach, restaurants, bars, shopping & right to more restaurants, bars, shopping etc
Recommended hotel

Travel Tips for Phuket

Crowded!

by beachboy

Phuket or Koh Phuket (Koh means island in Thai) is generally crowded especially during its peak season from Nov to April. There are many famous beach along the coastline of the island. Patong Beach stands out as the busiest and the most crowded of all time. Plenty of shoppings, restaurants and cafes here!

Definitely take mosquito repellent

by annase

During the high season, you don't need much clothes because it is warm - even if it was cloudy or dark. Bring comfortable sandals though if you are walking a lot and possibly an umbrella - unless your hotel provides one. There are really well stocked pharmacies in Phuket including the local ones as well as Watsons on the main beach road and Boots in Jungceylon shopping centre. Pharmacists luckily often speak really good English, so there is no problem there. However, the girls in the chemist don't, so don't rely on them. Definitely take mosquito repellent with you in case you want to go to the beach after it gets dark, I got bitten and my legs were really itchy for days despite having some cream

Finding new friends

by DONBURGESS

One good way to find new friends in Phuket is to get away from the town center and head out into the country and stop and talk to people, I found that along the roads near the beach the local fisherman where allways ready to stop and talk, even if they don't talk english, its still good fun.
People there are a lot more friendly then back home and where allways ready to explain to you what it is they where making or doing, so get away from town and meet some locals

Phukets verson of Woolworths!

by lindyz about Carrefours at Jungceylon Mall

Carrefours is in the Jungceylon Mall in Patong and is a 2 storey bargain department store, that I would say is close to our Woolworths or Big W in Australia. Many great bargains to be had here, plus what I discovered will certainly make me want to go back there again! They have this fresh fruit section where you can buy any kind of Thai/Asian fruit, already peeled, cut and packaged!!! I found my favourite fruit, the Pomelo, there and quickly bought a tray of that! Pomelo is hard to get in Australia and if you do find it, it certainly doesnt taste as nice as it does here! Its kind of a cross between a lemon, an orange and a grapefruit. Also, its is rather difficult to peel and section, so its a great thing to be able to buy it already done! A large tray of Pomelo ready to eat cost only 49bt which is about $2AUD!!! PLUS .... they have a pretty cheap grog shop in there, we bought some vodka and Jim Beam I think for very cheap prices, also with a large selection of wines.

Also, something else rather amazing we found in Carrefours were demo ladies! That is my job in Australia - a supermarket demonstrator so I was rather amazed to find ladies doing my job in Phuket!!! So, if I ever want to permanently move to Phuket ...... I will have a job!!!! hehehe

Sailor Bar

by Cathy&Gary about Sailor Bar

The Sailor Bar is located on the beach road just north of Soi Bangla.

As we normally stay at the northern end of Patong Beach the Sailor Bar is a regular drink stop for us.

The place is very popular with Aussies, especially during the footy season with all games broadcast live.
We have watched the AFL grand final here and the place was absolutely packed.

Drinks are cheap here and all the staff are very friendly and fun to be around.

Everyone, couples included are made to feel very welcome at the Sailor Bar.

Comments