Sugar Palm Resort & Spa

See Amenities
justagirlinasia's Profile Photo

Sugar High

by written on May 7, 2010

I stayed at sugar palm for 4 nights in may.
I loved the hotel & the staff were extremely helpful. On our first day, one of the staff asked what were our plans, and gave us some recommendations on where to go... after which, he came to our room & presented us with a hand drawn map on how to get to the places he recommended as he was going to end his shift for the day. That left me very impressed.

The rooms were modern, tasteful decor & clean. I stayed in the room with direct pool access.

The hotel location was superb. It was less then 3 minutes walk to the beach, to eateries, to convenience stores & right across the road was the public bus that you can take to Karon, Phuket town for 30 Baht.

I read other reviews about the pool being dirty but during my stay, i noticed that they clean the pool almost every other night. I had no qualms about the pool conditions.

Phuket Hotel bargains November

by written on September 10, 2008

You are choosing well ! Kata and karon both nice, quieter than Patong but still plenty of activity, Sugar palm kata has a good location short walk to the beach, I don't know when you plan to go but some amazing cheap deals at the moment
Sugar palm Kata is only THB 800 a night until the end of this month or 1,200 in October, November though shoots up to around 3,000, but still compared with other very good value
and Karon, THB 700 at the moment

Out of the 2 I would go for Sugar Palm Kata
Do note though of course this is the midst of the rainy season, hence the cheap prices.

miapuspa's Profile Photo

Hotel in Kata Beach

by written on January 21, 2008

Recently built hotel (when I was there on 2005) located in Kata beach area. Room was superbly clean and artistically decorated with new furniture. The bathtub has sliding window at its side, arranged in a way so we can watch the TV while having a bath.
The service was not as good as the room, perhaps because the system hadn’t been well established at that time. After seeing their ad in an airways’s web site, I suppose you can expect for better experience now.

Unique Quality: Beautiful hotel

Directions: about 50 m from the main street

Beautiful Hotel !

by written on October 12, 2007

Sugar Palm is a boutique resort on kata beach and best location among shopping center, restaurant, souvenir shop and easy walk to the beach.

Unique Quality: In room has a modern style and colorful.

Phuket is my favorite !

by written on October 7, 2007

This is my first time to Phuket after Tsunami. i choose the hotel that never pass that bad diaster before. Sugar Palm Resort is just 1 year & 6 mobth. Both physical & decoration inside is very modern.

Since I walk into this hotel!!

by written on September 26, 2007

Many special things that i got from friendly staffs such as the homemadewelcome drink, welcome fruit at the lobby, and also my fruit basket 'coz i'am the honeymooner. The facilities here are very colorful, each floor with vary color. After i have a rest, i and my husband decided to make the spa treatment.It is wonderful to get the reasonable price at that time because there is a buy one get one free promotion.The hotel also offer the steam & souna room for free! i& my husband stayed here for 5 nights.i think it is my wonderful honeymoon.

sylina's Profile Photo

Kata beach

by written on July 23, 2007

It was low season, doesn't mean you will find any peace in Patong anyway, but you do can get very good deal for hotel and island tours.

We stayed in Patong Premier Resort for the first two days. Tacky interior, basic shower facility, the only highlight was the well preserved swimming pool. tiny but still nice.. It was okay for the price, 1600baht/2 double rooms. After that, we were a bit fed up of "Patong's colorful nightlife". We took local's advice move to a quiet beach -- Kata, about 20 minutes away by taxi from Patong. On the way, you will pass Karong beach also. It was a looooooooooong coast with wide view. Kata was a lot cuter.. We negociate with the front desk and get 3000 baht for 2 double rooms. Not too bad.. the hotel is band new and well equipped in a modern way. nice bedding, good mattress too... saved my friend's sleep as he claimed.. :) Good staff were very helpful.. i will definitely go back.

However it's too quiet at night in Kata, nothing to do.. we got tired of that after a while too..

I tried the oil massage in hotel.. wasn't good as what I got in Patong.. 850 baht for 1 hour.

Unique Quality: the swimming pool was lovely

Directions: Right beside of KATA beach..

Nearby Sugar Palm Resort & Spa

• Fitness Center
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Phuket Travel Forum

Need advice about Phuket, Thailand? Visit the Travel Forum for Phuket and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Phuket hotel reviews