Sugar Palm Resort & Spa

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• justagirlinasia's Profile Photo

Sugar High

I stayed at sugar palm for 4 nights in may.
    I loved the hotel & the staff were extremely helpful. On our first day, one of the staff asked what were our plans, and gave us some recommendations on where to go... after which, he came to our room & presented us with a hand drawn map on how to get to the places he recommended as he was going to end his shift for the day. That left me very impressed.

The rooms were modern, tasteful decor & clean. I stayed in the room with direct pool access.

The hotel location was superb. It was less then 3 minutes walk to the beach, to eateries, to convenience stores & right across the road was the public bus that you can take to Karon, Phuket town for 30 Baht.

I read other reviews about the pool being dirty but during my stay, i noticed that they clean the pool almost every other night. I had no qualms about the pool conditions.

• Phuket Hotel bargains November

You are choosing well ! Kata and karon both nice, quieter than Patong but still plenty of activity, Sugar palm kata has a good location short walk to the beach, I don't know when you plan to go but some amazing cheap deals at the moment
    Sugar palm Kata is only THB 800 a night until the end of this month or 1,200 in October, November though shoots up to around 3,000, but still compared with other very good value
    and Karon, THB 700 at the moment

Out of the 2 I would go for Sugar Palm Kata
    Do note though of course this is the midst of the rainy season, hence the cheap prices.

• miapuspa's Profile Photo

Hotel in Kata Beach

Recently built hotel (when I was there on 2005) located in Kata beach area. Room was superbly clean and artistically decorated with new furniture. The bathtub has sliding window at its side, arranged in a way so we can watch the TV while having a bath.
    The service was not as good as the room, perhaps because the system hadn’t been well established at that time. After seeing their ad in an airways’s web site, I suppose you can expect for better experience now.

Unique Quality: Beautiful hotel

Directions: about 50 m from the main street

• Beautiful Hotel !

Sugar Palm is a boutique resort on kata beach and best location among shopping center, restaurant, souvenir shop and easy walk to the beach.

Unique Quality: In room has a modern style and colorful.

• Phuket is my favorite !

This is my first time to Phuket after Tsunami. i choose the hotel that never pass that bad diaster before. Sugar Palm Resort is just 1 year & 6 mobth. Both physical & decoration inside is very modern.

• Since I walk into this hotel!!

Many special things that i got from friendly staffs such as the homemadewelcome drink, welcome fruit at the lobby, and also my fruit basket 'coz i'am the honeymooner. The facilities here are very colorful, each floor with vary color. After i have a rest, i and my husband decided to make the spa treatment.It is wonderful to get the reasonable price at that time because there is a buy one get one free promotion.The hotel also offer the steam & souna room for free! i& my husband stayed here for 5 nights.i think it is my wonderful honeymoon.

• sylina's Profile Photo

Kata beach

It was low season, doesn't mean you will find any peace in Patong anyway, but you do can get very good deal for hotel and island tours.

We stayed in Patong Premier Resort for the first two days. Tacky interior, basic shower facility, the only highlight was the well preserved swimming pool. tiny but still nice.. It was okay for the price, 1600baht/2 double rooms. After that, we were a bit fed up of "Patong's colorful nightlife". We took local's advice move to a quiet beach -- Kata, about 20 minutes away by taxi from Patong. On the way, you will pass Karong beach also. It was a looooooooooong coast with wide view. Kata was a lot cuter.. We negociate with the front desk and get 3000 baht for 2 double rooms. Not too bad.. the hotel is band new and well equipped in a modern way. nice bedding, good mattress too... saved my friend's sleep as he claimed.. :) Good staff were very helpful.. i will definitely go back.

However it's too quiet at night in Kata, nothing to do.. we got tired of that after a while too..

I tried the oil massage in hotel.. wasn't good as what I got in Patong.. 850 baht for 1 hour.

Unique Quality: the swimming pool was lovely

Directions: Right beside of KATA beach..

More about Sugar Palm Resort & Spa

Kata’s Sugar Palm Resort

by TripAdvisor Member 69travel

Our 2nd trip to Phuket indulged us to explore the southern part of the island. Upon arrival, we rented a car for the whole stay and it took about 40 mins drive to get to Sugar Palm. Its about 10km or 15mins from Patong area but driving skills are necessary passing thru hilly roads.

We’ve booked Sugar Palm a week in advance via online booking. The hotel deals were attractive, and 3 nights stay was worth it. Our room was on the 2nd floor, facing the pool, spacious and has all the necessary amenieties. The design was more or less like a boutique styled hotel. 2 water bottles provided daily but tea/coffee was not replenished. Breakfast was simple so don’t expect a 5 star spread. Other breakfast options can be found around the hotel area.

We spent most of our time at the new mall Jungceylon in Patong and Central Festival Phuket. We’ve been thru the tourist routine and souvenir shopping last year, so we became mall shoppers instead to escape the heat. There are many shops just in front of Sugar Palm, and around Kata selling similar items all around Phuket. There’s a nice coffee shack called “Summer’ nearby which has a nice setting and cheaper than your regulars.

Kata beach is comparatively more attractive than Surin, with longer and nicer beach surroundings. We stayed at TwinPalm’s the previous year just for the hotel, but nothing much can be done in Surin beach.

Our stay has been pleasant at Sugar Palm, less the fact that most staff could hardly speak and understand English. All the negative comments from other people’s reviews seemed untrue after our stay. Probably it only affected the fussy travelers. Definitely coming back for our future trip!

I love Sugar Palm!!

by TripAdvisor Member DrKnotBangkok

I have just returned from a break at Sugar Palm Resort and Spa, Phuket. I stayed there for 3 nights from 31May-3Jun. I booked the room directly to the hotel. They got a special price for Thais wihch is really good value for money.

It's such a lovely small hotel. Although it has a small swimming pool, my room size is bigger than I expected (deluxe pool view). The room is nicely-decorated and clean. I got the second-floor room which has a nice balcony overlooking the pool. The staffs are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is O.K., typical choices of food. The taste is not bad, but the juice is too sweet. Kata beach is not too far from the hotel.

I hope I will have a chance to stay here again next time I visit Phuket. :-)

My Wonderful Trip !

by TripAdvisor Member SarahPerth

This is my 3rd time stay in Sugar Palm Resort, it' s still wonderful. This time I got Deluxe Pool Access room, it' s very excellent. Everythind inside is violet color. The service is very good, staffs are very kind, nice, and helpful.

Sarah

Advice for Accommodation?

by itame

Hi.

Can anyone advice on Sugar Palm Resort or Karon beach resort?

or is there any resort out there that is value for money, budget less than 100usd per nite.. like a clean, nice, well maintained resort and near to the karon or kata beach...... going in May off peak season....

Thx in advance..

Re: Advice for Accommodation?

by vtecturbo

I JUX CAME BACK FROM PHUKET LAST MONTH. YOU MAY TRY GREEN MOUNTAIN HOTEL. IS UPHILL, GOTTA GREAT POOL, A GOOD BAR AND GREAT RECEP SERVICE. IS PROBABLY ARD USD 90 BUCKS AND IF IM NOT WRONG, IS A 4-5 STAR HOTEL. MY FEEDBACK WILL BE VALUE FOR MONEY!!!

Re: Advice for Accommodation?

by mistym

Hi,
I loved Phuket when I stayed. Would recommend The Boathouse (Kata Beach) think it may now be Mom Tri's (has excellent Thai resturant). Also the Marina Cottages that are further around on Karon Beach (they have a fantastic bar called On the Rocks as you sit in rocks over looking beach. They both have their own websites and the good news is 50% discount for online bookings from end of April until October. Be lucky and enjoy!!!

Comments