Ranong Hotels

Our Members Say

• deeper_blue profile photo deeper_blue
  • Reviews: 1120

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kiwi Orchid Guesthouse: Next to the bus station

Kiwi Orchid is a nice place to stay, the lady running it is very friendly although a businesswoman at heart. She can organise tours for you too. The rooms are pretty cosy and there is a nice communal area in the hostel where you meet other backpackers.

• Written February 29, 2012
Tip Photo

• explore_discover profile photo explore_discover
  • Reviews: 229

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

JJ Koh Phayam: Camping at the Beach

Nice and Comfortable Tents surrounded by the Kashew Nut Tree and the all night chiming Horn Bill at very low price, 500 Baht per Tent Double Bed, a Fan, Solar Electricity (for limited hours) a Padeistal fan and bali Style Our Door Showers/Toilet.

The tents are place on a wooden platform and also have a lounge/siting area.

A Great Place to stay at very low price. The Owner Mr. Ja Ja is very talkative and very helpful person.

Speed Boat/Slow Boat Tickets can also be bought from here for returning to Ranong. No Extra Charges same price as you can get at the Pier 350 for speed boat/150 for Slow Boat

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 28, 2010

Reception

• Cathy&Gary profile photo Cathy&Gary
  • Reviews: 802

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Thansila Resort: Thansila Resort

Well what can I say about Thansila Resort, it was an experience!

This place is in the perfect location, just metres from the hot springs and close to some good Thai restaurants.
We paid 800baht for our balcony room, I think the room is called their River room and it is all decorated with wood and stone.

It is very small but nice enough with great views from the balcony.

However at midnight we woke up to being eaten alive by an army of big ants, they were all over the bed, under the mosquito net and biting the hell out of us, drawing blood!
I had a full can of fly spray and we used the lot trying to get rid of them. But they just kept marching in under the door!

Now these ants were big, about half the size of our Australian bull ants.

This is a little Thai owned place and the guy at reception did not speak a word of English. He came to our room, looked at all the ants, dead and alive and smiled!

I was trying to get across that we needed something to get rid of the ants. Then his eyes lit up and off he went. About 30 mins later he is back with a broom and he swept our room and off he went, never to be seen again!!!

I think he was just more of a night time caretaker and we could not even get the message across that we wanted another room.
We got dressed and thought about sleeping in the car, then Gary said for me to get some sleep and he would stay on ant watch..

By now its about 2am and from then on all I could hear was the light going on and Gary smashing ants with my sandal!
We had even emptied a whole tin of prickly heat powder along the doorway but they just marched in over it!!

Then success, in marches this big fat ant with wings, yes now the queen is dead and after that the ants stopped coming in.
It was a shocker of a night but so funny thinking about it.
We could not get out of there quick enough.

My sister and her husband were in the next room and slept through all this, obviously no ants in their room!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written November 22, 2009
Tip Photo

• hamletgarrido profile photo hamletgarrido
  • Reviews: 13

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tanatwan Palace: Tanatwan Palace

this is people is cheap, but the worst place that i've been in my life, 350 baht for a very dirty room, and helpless.
after prices for buses are from 6 years ago, so price from ranong to bangkok 333baht in bus station here 600, visa run, that is the reason to stay in ranong, 350baht, which includes taxi a boat return, well u will have a big surprise when taxi arrive 2 hr late, and after doesn't pick u up to return, and they don't even apologies, this place stinks.

believe me dont go, or make any bussiness with this thieves, they just want your money.

thanks

toliet does't flush, white wall are black, beg plenty of insect, well as well a swimming pool , better, an smelling swimming pool

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 17, 2006

• Myndo profile photo Myndo
  • Reviews: 956

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Asia: Basic accomodation in Ranong

Ranong proofed to be not so easy for us to find an accomodation. Not that it would not have any. Ranong offers a lot of them, some unfortunately not in our price range, others in very loud places and the one I really would have loved to go was already full.

But then we found the Asia Hotel. Although the exterior is nothing to sing about it is at a good location: one of the streets with markets and restaurants and is still quiet, because the rooms (or most of them) go out the back, away from the noise.

The rooms were clean, if a little basic.
A room with toilet/shower and fan was 290 Baht per night