Satun Hotels

• uhu13 profile photo uhu13
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sinkiat Thani Hotel, Satun: Satun's simple cheap finest hotel in Thailand

I've been to Satun on the southern trip of Thailand. I read a tour guide book and it said this hotel was best in Satun. So I went there and found that it's a simple place, clean, neat, very affordable room with an efficient air-conditioner. I would recommend it. And it's in the center of the town very close to some cheap eating places and one European style cafe called ONs. You'll find many tourists and foreigners here. It seemed there's a foreign guy is a owner of the cafe. It's enjoyable. I found this town is quiet peaceful place to be. And around the city there're many natural adventure places to get to e.g. the stalactite cave, waterfalls, rafting, kayak etc. Anyway Satun is a nice place to be.

There're many facilities e.g. superstore, gift shop, parking lots, cafe, hi-speed internet on the first floor (not in each room), near the town market, tv cable, hot-cold water, good view from the top seeing the mountain and river.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches, Rafting, Jungle and Rain Forest
  • Written August 23, 2010

• SurfaceTravel profile photo SurfaceTravel
  • Reviews: 302

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sinkiat Thani Hotel: One of few choices in Satun

I was forced to stay overnight in Satun. I was on my way from Langkawi, Malaysia to Ko Tarutao. Of course the only ferry of the day to the latter left half an hour before my ferry arrived from the former. I asked the moto-taxi driver in Tammalang port, 10 kms away, to take me to the "best hotel in Satun", and this is where he took me.

When reading my satisfaction rating and comparative price, keep in mind I am rating strictly against what I was expecting in the local market: not very good and for cheap.

The hotel has what a western traveller needs: air-con and a complete en-suite bathroom. It's run-down but good to get you through the night. Rooms at the back overlook a river. If I was ever stuck in Satun again, I would stay there.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average

• Tina-Perth profile photo Tina-Perth
  • Reviews: 246

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

I don't know! (in Thai): Motel

We were staying out of Satun town and our friend Mai's aunt and uncle own a motel which they gave us a free night's accommodation in. I have included this motel in my tips because the picture shows you standards in general once you leave tourist-oriented areas.

Remember to ask for a top sheet as one is not generally supplied, along with face-washers. Accommodation is very basic. I like to use a blanket and at two places we stayed, the blanket was actually a very large, old towel. One place gave us a sarong type thing. The accommodation is really for the locals.

A unique quality in accommodation in regional areas is a pedestal toilet and air conditioning, which this motel had. You won't find hot water very often though.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average