BP Samila Beach Hotel

Tags

Work Abroad Beaches Business Travel
See Amenities

BP - for high BP

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 30, 2010

Aside from the perfect location of this hotel which is so near the beach, there is nothing else I can think of for more praises. This establishment obviously needs a lot of renovation!

LOBBY: The management should consider hiring an interior designer for the main lobby. The chairs must be changed. They should have color theme so it would be more pleasing to the eyes of the guests. The lighting must be improved. There are mosquitos buzzing on the armrests of the sofas.

ELEVATOR: The elevator smells. I know it's near the beach and the air is salty, but it doesn't mean it should be inside the hotel. It looks so old. They should try removing the info board inside and put mirrors on all four walls just to make it larger. Again, lights will add more drama to it.

ROOM: The room I stayed is pretty spacious. It's kinda okay but the sheets and curtains are old. I didn't like the smell too. The carpets need to go. But the bathroom is okay. In fact, it's the best room there is in BP! There is no CATV! As if all their guest understands Thai????.... duh!

TONSON: This is the hotel restaurant. It needs renovation! The ceilings has stains everywhere. The glass walls fronting the beach are dirty. They have the best view of the beach and the pergola outside but they should consider fixing this place.

POOL: The pool looked good. Just needs more lights outside for evening swimmers.

It's such a waste that guests wouldn't feel like they had the best vacation ever. You are supposed to remember good things at places you visit. BP will certainly remembered but in a bad way. I'm sure glad I didn't pay for my accomodation. My company did. And if ever I came back here in Songkhla, I'd opt for a different accomodation until this place gets fixed up.

phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

BP Samila Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 10, 2003

This is a large, very well appointed hotel overlooking the beach. During my first visit it was almost deserted - low season presumably. On my second visit there were a few people around but only because of a company conference that was taking place there. The nightly rate was 1250 Baht for an ocean view or slightly less for a not so scenic view. Expect rates to be more during high demand periods such as Thai public holidays and weekends.

Unfortunately the service leaves a lot to be desired. My order for room service was hopelessly wrong when it was delivered, despite me trying to be as clear as possible. I made allowances as I was ordering in English to a Thai. However, the order at lunchtime had also been messed up and that time my companion had ordered in Thai so there were no excuses.

As usual in Thailand our complaints fell on deaf ears. The Thais just smile and inform you they will tell the management but there is never any suggestion that you will be compensated or not charged for their mistake.

Unique Quality: Really, really nice rooms with everything you could want. A huge swimming pool.

Directions: Ovelooking Hat Samila Beach

Chenderson40 Aug 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM

The Samila Hotel is located right next to the beach and has a fantastic view. That will be the only good thing I can say about it. Elevators have a terrible smell, and the rooms are even worse. Very run down. Resturand had horrible service and very slow, not friendly at all. The food was not very good. Breakfast buffet had the worse coffee ever, food was cold and I got food poisoning from the pineapple. Not cool when I had to get on a plane that morning! I do not recommend this hotel.

Chenderson40 Aug 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM

The location and view from the hotel is amazing! That is the only thing good i can say about it. Very run down. Elevator smells terrible and the rooms are even worse. Resturant service was horrible, Extremly slow and not friendly at all. Food was not good very good. Buffet in the morning was not good. food was cold and I got food poisoning from the pineapple. Not good when you get on a plane right after!! I do not recomend this hotel.

BP Samila Beach Hotel

• Room Service
  • Free Parking
  • Business Services

Songkhla Travel Forum

Need advice about Songkhla, Thailand? Visit the Travel Forum for Songkhla and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Songkhla hotel reviews