Tapee Hotel

#1
Rank 1 of 54 hotels
in Surat Thani
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Don't count on reservations being honored

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 9, 2011

I have no idea what the place is like because after spending several hours researching a trip to Koh Samui, no where did it mention that July 8, or some time period including that date, is a big Buddah holiday. I arrived at Hua Lamphong at 7 am only to be informed that 08:05 day train was already sold out, although all the sites said that you should be able to catch a ticket for any train the day of unless it is a holiday, and researching holidays in Thailand, did not see this one. So we ended catching the 35 train at 14:45 and still though we would be ok and just get to Tapee Hotel a little late and still have time to get some sleep and catch the Ferry in the morning. We get to Tapee Hotel aroun 01:30 and I show them a copy of the email I got from their reservations department, and proceeded to be informed that there were no rooms available, even though I had an email of my confirmation right in front of me. Fortunately my tuk tuk driver took me over to Bandon Hotel really close and they had a room available at only 10 baht more than Tapee. So I do not recommend this hotel and my advise about this hotel is don't count on your reservation to be honored.

Nearby Tapee Hotel

Surat Thani Travel Forum

Need advice about Surat Thani, Thailand? Visit the Travel Forum for Surat Thani and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Surat Thani hotel reviews