Koh Muk Gardenresort

Travel Tips for Trang

I LOVE TRANG:)

by mysticpaki

For NMirza
Trang is a lovely quiet clean town with awesome seafood,dimsum,trang cakes and cold coffee pronounced Ko Pee to die for.
Breath taking waterfalls and the amazing Dragon Cave.
You have a better choice to rent a car in Phuket or Krabi or Hatyai then Trang.
Furthermore the train ride from Bangkok to Trang is long.With Airasia fares as low as train i suggest you fly from Bangkok to Phuket or Krabi or even Hatyai and start from there.
National rental had a deal of 500 baht per day including insurance if you hired for 30 days.Rent the car or pickup at airport or book in advance.
I had written a write up last year on Trang so if anyone wants it they can email me on cliche61@hotmail.com

Muh Ko Phetra National Park - Ko Laoliang

by scott_dallas

"Remote Island, Primitive Facility, Awesome Scenery"

My pal, her friend, and I spent 3 days and 2 nights on Ko Loaliang in Muh Ko Phetra National Park. There are actually 2 islands right adjacent to each other, Ko Laoliang Nong, the smaller island where we stayed, and Ko Laoliang Pi, the larger of the two. It is very remote. Ko Laoliang Nong has a beach and a "lodging" ( more on that later ). The facilities there are run by a company called XSite Diving. www.xsitediving.com.

The scenery there is spectacular. Clear ocean, craggy karst rock formations, and incredible coral. Activities included kayaking and snorkelling. There is also diving but I don't dive so I couldn't partake in that. The snorkelling was great. The coral is very close to shore, both at the campsite and at spots we kayaked to. A lot of coral within 6 feet of the surface. Much of it is soft coral, 7 different colors, much of it pink or white. If you have never seen soft coral, it is stunning, it looks like clusters of snowflakes. Not much to do at night but relax. They do have a cash bar with beer, some wine, and some spirits. Everyone except myself and the Belgian guy who worked there were Thai speakers so it did get a little dull, although it was fun to sit and drink and chat with the Belgian and watch the Thai's, including my friends, joke and cut up with each other. Our first night there were 7 of us guests on the island, the next day another group of about 10 people came. Although communication with the other guests except my friend and a couple of other guests who had spent time in the West was difficult, everyone was friendly, relaxed, and up for a good time. Had a good friendly volleyball game on the beach one afternoon. All in all, a relaxing place, peaceful, spectacular sights, and fun.

Most of the island is a big karst rock formation. There is a beach area where the lodging is. The lodging are nice tents. They have mattresses, pillows, bed sheets, a fan, a light and a small table. It rained very, very hard one night and we did not feel a drop of water in our tent. They have a open pavillion where the meals are served. The food was very good, lots of seafood, curries, other Thai food and some "western" food. The second night they had a barbeque where they served grilled fish, shrimps, scallops, and squid. It was so fresh and delicious, especially the squid. The staff mostly speak Thai, but there was one Thai man who spoke good English as well as a Belgian man who spoke good English. The kayaks, snorkelling equipment, and the speedboat that took us there were all in very good condition.

The second night we were there was the night of Loy Krathong. Since we were away from civilization there was no way to go to a festival. However, one of the staff made us "krathong's", in this case pieces of toast with a birthday candle that we launched at the beach. I am dissapointed that I didn't get to go to a Loy Krathong festival, someplace like Ayuthaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, or Sukothai, but I give them credit for trying.

12th Goodwill Camporee, Trang 2003

by ZENDER

"Camping Trip"

This picture was taken during one of the more lovely days of the 12th Goodwill Camporee organised by the Scout Association of Thailand in December 2003.
We went out for a day out by the beach near Rajamangala Aquarium, Trang. It is so refreshing to see a view of the Andaman Sea from another place. So calm and so serene, it makes you want to come back here again. Oh, the sand on this beach where I took this picture is really so fine and so white...lovely!

Comments