My Friend Guest-House

Travel Tips for Trang

Trang, quick get away

by kissman

"Know your path son ..."

Malaysia usually has a week of school holiday in August and so we decided on a short trip to Trang. From KL we drove to Bukit Kayu Hitam, park our car there, hired a taxi to Hat Yai bus station and lucky for us, there's a mini-bus leaving for Trang in half an hour and fare was Bht100 per person.

I was too cheap to ever buy Lonely Planet (we already have vt eh!) so I noted down one guesthouse in Trang in a bookstore but alas, forgot to bring the address with me. Woe to me and kept thinking during the journey about places to stay. Sent messages to friends throughout the bus journey for them to get me the address from LP website but none could find it. More woe to me then.

But then, I remember there's a Trang Hotel and so told the bus driver to drop us off there. Lucky for us since Trang Hotel is near train station and there were several Muslim restaurants in the area. So we got the food issue solved quite nicely. Plus, there are a few tour agents around the area so that helped also.

Trang

by Pancake_my

"Trang's night market"

I spent one day in Trang. Got a day tour visiting waterfalls, silk factory and a marvelous cave called Tham Le (Sea Cave).

At night had dinner at a seafood restaurant reccommended by a local. On our way back we went to this interesting local market. I got fascinated by all types of food displayed at these stores.

Comments