Nodirbek Hotel

next to the Bukhara Informational Communicative Center, Labi- khovuz ensemble, Bukhara, Uzbekistan

Satisfaction Average

• Trekki's Profile Photo

Hotel Nodirbek - good value for your money

The best option to stay in Bukhara would have been Hotel Lyab-i-Hauz, but it was a bit too much for my budget. Hotel Fatima (directly at Lyab-i-Hauz) would have been my first choice, but unfortunately it was fully booked.

But then I found Hotel Nordibek, located in a side street off Lyab-i-Hauz, which also looked nice and wasn't too expensive.

Unique Quality: I got a nice room on the first floor with private bath, TV and air-condition (which is heaven if you go there in bloody hot summer). The room was spacious, new furniture and hot water was available most of the time (during morning, afternoon and evening).
    Breakfast was quite much and very tasty. They always had yoghurt drinks and fruit drinks in the morning, plus a variety of local and international breakfast food.
    The courtyard was especially nice, shaded by mats. Usually I took my last coffee here before I went out for strolls through the city.

Please look at the website for more information and pictures. The pictures all resemble what I had seen in summer 2006.

Price: 15 USD per person per night, including breakfast (paid in USD and not som).

© Ingrid D., October 2006. Update March 2011: typo corrected (name of the hotel).

Directions: If you are at Lyab-i-Hauz, the pool in your back - look for an internet cafe and a pharmacy in corner houses. The street between them is Sarafon Street. The hotel is 50 m, then at the right.

• chrisvandenbroucke's Profile Photo

Second best in Buchara

We arrived in Buchara in the middle of the night and this hotel was the only one who opened its doors for us
    No much choice
    The man asked 15 US $ per person. For a few hours, that seemd me too much. We agreed for 20 for 2 people.
    Small room, very good beds and a splendid private bathroom
    Breakfast included: tea, bread, cheese and grapes
    Not bad but we'll find better

Directions: Sidestreet which leads to Leib-i-Hauz
    Same street as BICC, the tourist information centre

• Backpackin_Mac's Profile Photo

Friendliest B&B in Bukahara

Hotel Nodirbek is a new B&B situated behind the tourist office right in the centre of Bukhara.

A double room, with air con should cost between $15-20 for two people depending on the season.

Breakfast is included in the price and is very large and you cna eat many fresh local foods.

Unique Quality: What I have said above is good but teh best aspect is the staff.

Mira looks after all the guests and makes sure everyone is happy. He speaks excellent English.

Amin is a guide affliated with the hotel. He also speaks excellent English and knows more about Bukhara and Uzbekistan than anyone else. He is often there so he is a very interesting man to talk to. He is also the best guide in Bukhara and I encourage people to try his services.

The owner is really trying to get this place moving and at the moment he sleeps in the courtyard with his family.

One morning at 3am when Mair was sick the owner and Mira drove us to two different hospitals and also stayed with us for many hours interpreting and making sure we were okay. In the evening Amin caught a bus down to the hospital to give Mari some flowers and check she was okay.

We highly recommend this B&B