Farg'ona Hotels

• Trekki profile photo Trekki
  • Reviews: 2326

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Asia – sheer luxury and hot showers

As already mentioned in my intro, after Osh I was craving for a hot shower with water that comes in a stream rather than trickling on your head :-).
Lonely Planet described Hotel Asia as “smart new three star hotel” and this sounded like the best place I could imagine now (and I normally do not like to stay in “star hotels” when travelling private, unless it is a 3 million star hotel = my tent).
Already the entrance looked marvellous (for me), with wide stairs leading into the cool lobby. They even had a bed for me, and it was even not that expensive (25 USD per night, 1 person; August 2006). I had to wait a bit until my room was finished, but when I could enter, it was……. ahhhhhh so marvellous to find a bathroom with real shower and magic hot water in a huge stream :-) Of course I took a shower first and felt like heaven.
The room itself was huge, the bed was huge with clear white bedsheets. It also had a minibar (which I didn’t use), TV and phone. Well, of course all you expect from a star hotel.
In the lobby, I could have coffee (but still the Nescafe option only) and get water (which I didn’t bought, as I prefer buying on markets).

Some remarks about the price: the website below (Orexa agency) says 30 USD for single, Advantour offers it for 35 USD. I paid 25 USD, but came there on my own and not with a tour operator. Calculate this, depending on your travel style.

Behind the hotel itself was a lovely garden for relaxing and the sheer luxury of a pool for the guests (which I didn’t use, as it was either too early or too late or midday when I was in the hotel). Close by the pool was a little house with kitchen, where meals were served – excellent, as it was with seating outside on a little roofed terrace.

Breakfast was included and quite good, too. It was of buffet style with milk, orange juice and coffee (Nescafe) or tea, plus cereals, cold cuts, cheese, fruit and yoghurt (but packed, not homemade). All in all what I would expect from a star hotel.

I also did have light lunch here on my first day and dinner on my second day.
For lunch I chosed a soup (laghman) with salad, coffee and water; all for 3.000 sum.
For dinner I had a full Uzbek style menue, with soup, plov, salad, tea and water for 5.000 sum. Compared to the chaikhanas in the city, it was rather expensive, but well, compared with home, it is not much.

For more photos and info, see also Hotel Asia at Sairam Tours