Fergana Hotels

Our Members Say

• TheWanderingCamel profile photo TheWanderingCamel
  • Reviews: 2572

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Club 777: Clean, comfortable and quiet ....

...these are the essentials for a good night's rest in a hotel anywhere. The Club 777 delivered all three with unobtrusive efficiency and a welcoming smile. A 7.50am flight from Tashkent had delivered us to the hotel by 9.30am - what a pleasant surprise to find our rooms ready for such an early check-in. Even better, when we asked for tea (we'd been up since 5 and were feeling decidedly peckish) the depleted breakfast buffet was replenished and we tucked in before heading off for the day.

The hotel is set in attractive gardens with a large swimming pool. Presumably the lateness of the season was the reason for the somewhat less-than-pristine condition of the water, but the weather wasn't so hot we felt like swimming, I've seen worse and it makes a nice photos. The state of the pool certainly wasn't reflected anywhere else around the hotel - our rooms were spotless, the garden paths swept and the flowerbeds full of flowers and weed free. There are several buildings to the hotel - our rooms were in the one at the back overlooking the central garden and pool, well away from the road and any traffic noise. Good sized rooms, comfortable beds, well-fitted bathrooms and sufficient hot water, a copious breakfast all contributed to our comfort.

Taking the easy option, we ordered our dinner at the hotel before we went out - we figured we could eat there that night and find a restaurant in town the next. The meal they served was delicious and the al fresco setting so nice we didn't bother, we just repeated the exercise. I might not have felt like swimming in the pool but sitting beside it for pre-dinner drinks (vodka and sour cherry juice is a good mix) in the twilight wasn't bad either.

Club 777 was built in 2002, one of only two 3* hotels in the city (and there are no 4*s). Obviously this is going to make it popular with tour groups so if you're travelling independently and you want to stay here, you would be advised to book ahead, especially in the height of the Spring and Autumn seasons.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written November 12, 2009
Tip Photo

Better for looking than swimming

• nepalgoods profile photo nepalgoods
  • Reviews: 1342

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Asia Ferghana: Great 3-Star-Hotel

Hotel Asia is a big joy: spacious and bright lobby and rooms. Great friendly staff. It is located in a renovated old building in Russian style. In its garden is a restaurant and a swimming pool. Not far from this is an internet-cafe, where you find a slow but working connection. There is also a small shop, where you can buy bread and chocolate.

There is also an Asia Hotel in Bukhara, which has the same style and is also very nice.

I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel with its bright colors and modern furniture. The breakfast buffet was great: pancakes, fried or scrambled eggs, different kinds of bread and cheese.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Luxury Travel
  • Written September 1, 2007

• Wanderboy43 profile photo Wanderboy43
  • Reviews: 169

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Ziyorat: Strange place

I had a weird experience here. After negoiating the price from $20 down to $10 the guy at the front desk invited himself to eat dinner with me. When we sat down the first question out of him smokey mouth were "How can I get to teh USA?" The hotel is just gloomy, and I fully expected some kind of a hassel when I checked out, which thankfully, I didn't get. I think it's teh cheapest in town, and a good location. My room was fine.

Toilet doesn't hold water or flush in room 714.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written November 1, 2004
Tip Photo

Askiya cafe across the street

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful