Asian Ruby 3 Hotel

More about Ho Chi Minh City

Khu Du Lich SaigonKhu Du Lich Saigon

Viva CoffeeViva Coffee

Vincom CenterVincom Center

Moelleux au chocolat et Sa Creme anglaiseMoelleux au chocolat et Sa Creme anglaise

Nha Trang

by petereldon

G'day

I am in Nha Trang first time in mid March. Looking for a resort/hotel near/on beach in the mid $50-80 range.

Are their flights from HCMC? Are they very expensive?

by balhannah

I stayed at the Hai Yen Hotel in Nha Trang, I have a review on my page. Just click on my name above the photo and then Nha trang in the travel guide pages. The main photo is the view from my balcony. It was located across the road from the beach and I would stay there again. Not as expensive probably as you want. My room was nothing flash, but it was clean and the buffet breakfast was included and good. I could not complain.

by petereldon

Thank you.

How did you get there

by balhannah

I caught the airporter bus from the airport. They take you to the bus station, then a taxi took me to the Hotel, all in the price of the airporter bus ticket.

Airporter bus

by balimum

Can you tell me where you go to get this bus and the price please.

by balhannah

In March 1980, it cost 40,000dong, so would be dearer now. You will find something at the airport telling you about it, I can't remember that part, but have the tip written with the price.

by samjeffries

Hello,

There are flights from HCMC to Nha Trang and the prices range from $400,000 to 720,000 dong. It is a one hour flight which lands you at Cam Rang airport. A 40min taxi ride (150,000 - 250,000 dong ) will get you into the centre of Nha Trang. Once in the main travellers area, of apoximatley 3 blocks, you can look around to find many hotels varying from $6 us to $200 us a night.

When i first arrived i stayed at Nice Hotel for a month. For a 7th floor room with 2 double beds and a nice big bathroom. Beautiful views of the beach and ensuite i paid $22- us which is negotiable depending on the length of your stay. But there are loads of options around.

Depending on what you are looking for, most of your time will be spent eating and drinking at very low prices.

I live here now, so i am slightly bias, but my favourite bar is Guava at 34F Ngueyn Thien Thuat. Come in and ill have a beer with you and give you some tips on the place and the best things to do.
Sam.

Travel Tips for Ho Chi Minh City

Ho Chi Minh City Tip

by John195123

One of the many fond memories I have of Ho Chi Minh City is a side trip we took to the Mekong Delta. Besides the fact that our driver had a very odd and very annoying attachment to the horn, we enjoyed a guided tour by a young Vietnamese woman, quite knowledgable in Vietnamese history of the area. I wanted to get her picture and she posed a glamour shot for me, without my asking, letting her long hair down. Stupid me forgot the flash on the last shot on the roll..........

Drinking in Vietnam!

by machomikemd

Imported beer is available in Vietnam, although a number of domestic beers are brewed (Like Saigon Beer). Rice wine (rouo) is very popular, and there are many brands available. There is a variety of fruit wines such as apricot, orange or lemon. Soft drinks are processed from the many varieties of tropical fruits available. Water from the tap should be avoided, even though it has already been filtered and sterilized at 10ºC. If you must drink it, boil the water first.

Greeting People!

by machomikemd

Most of the Vietnamese in urban areas no longer bow when they meet each other. In formal gatherings, at religious place, and sometimes in the country areas, one may see the people clasp their hands together in a prayer-like gesture and bow slightly. This is not practiced to any extent in everyday life in Vietnam as it is in neighboring Thailand.

Dare: Eat Dog Meat!

by xuessium

Yes, dog meat! Dog meat has been a staple for the Viets for thousands of years. (Before you start campaigning the Viets to stop eating dog, try convincing your folks back home to stop eating cow. They are both just as cruel) Get chummy with a Cyclo driver and he will most likely bring you to the haunts. Today, many of HCMC's dog meat stalls have been "exiled" to the local quarters of the City, hidden away from the eyesight of tsk-ing Westerners. Which honestly, is a shame!

Great Tailoring

by saracen about Bao Chau Catinat

Looking for a tailor to make me a bespoke suit, the first place I went to, just of Dong Khoi, was not very encouraging. The owner struggled to tear himself away from the TV to tell me that a suit would cost minimum of $500. I passed on the offer.

By chance I entered a tailors near Zen Plaza that looked quiet. The lady was very helpful, spoke good English, and had a good selection of catalogues for me to choose the style I wanted, and a good selection of material also.

When the suits were ready for fitting several days later, she was very attentive and more than happy to make the adjustments I requested. The quality of the final product was first class. I continue to wear the suits regularly to the office and am almost totally happy with them. Only 1 thing – there is no lining on the inside front thigh of the trousers so maybe you would need to ask for that. The lady also makes and sells silk shirts, ladies’ wear, everything in fact. I bought 4 suits in total, and paid $100 each for them. I never tried to negotiate the price down as I think I got a good deal as was.

Comments