Beautiful Saigon Hotel

62 Bui Vien St., Ho Chi Minh City, 70000, Vietnam

Beautiful Saigon Hotel
Agoda.com Booking.com

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Great Hotel, Great Staff, awesome prices !!!!

I must say, this hotel hit the spot just right. The prices were outstanding, we paid $25 a night with taxes and a simple breakfast included. The location is dead smack in the middle of the backpackers district 1 with plenty of bars and places to eat right outside the doors. The staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The rooms were just right with flat screen TV's and clean rooms, and free Wifi !!!! Would stay here again next time I visit Ho Chi Minh City !!!!

More about Beautiful Saigon Hotel

Real professional service, very clean and tasty breakfast.

by TripAdvisor Member yoroshikuTokyo

We stumbled upon the Beautiful Saigon Hotel, which was a pleasant surprise, after being shunted around more expensive, dirtier hotels in the vicinity. The very clean lobby and helpful staff gave us the feeling that we weren't being ripped off by some cowboy guest house. The room very comfortable with an good view of the surrounding area. There is free internet and a good selection of TV stations, if you wanna catch up on all the sport (like we did). The breakfast was really nice and all the staff very pleasant. To be honest, out of all the places I we stayed in on the same street this was by far the best. The very helpful and approachable manager even arranged us a decently priced taxi to the airport. Great value and top-class service.

Andy Hall (UK) and Wakako Hall (Japan)

Worth to stay here

by TripAdvisor Member siao

My friend & me go to Vietnam for vacation and stay at this hotel at last 2 nights.
They're also help us to arrange the transport to Mui Ne as we arrived HCM airport.
Though they're forgot to arrange car to airport upon we're arrived, they can still rectify it immediately and apologies to us. The hotel is small but tidy and easy access to touris site.

PERFECTO

by TripAdvisor Member hendriong

This Hotel is good location cause is the back packer area. so the city never sleep. for luch and dinner many various food you can try. and also you can get a travel easily at this area cause many travel when you came out from this hotel

Stop looking, just book it !

by TripAdvisor Member ADennison

We stayed at Beautiful Saigon hotel for 5 nights and were so comfortable during our stay. We stayed in the Superior Room - (401 facing the street) for $38 a night.

What we liked -
1. Flawless pick up from the train station at 4:30am in the morning. They had absolutely no qualms in checking us into our rooms as soon as we arrived even though the official check in was 12noon. They didn't even charge us for the early check- in. Can't think of other hotels who would do that
2. The breakfast is basic but plentiful - they basically fold out tables in their lobby.
3. The staff is super sweet and our guess is that most of the heavy lifting is done by 2 ladies who work really long hours and all the shifts. They must stay at the hotel itself because we saw them at all times of the day for 5 continuous days.

Minuses -
1. Can get noisy at night even though there are double paned windows. Not sure if the rooms in the back are quieter. There is a bar on the street corner that is far too loud. Not the hotel's fault. It didn't bother us but if you are a light sleeper you may want to reconsider

2. I made about 3 local calls to my husband's cell phone and the bill on checkout was $9. We asked to see an itemised phone call list and then they cut it back to about $3. I am willing to give them the benefit of doubt and say that the staff is so over worked that it could have been a simple mistake.

3. The tour desk is very helpful and the lady who works that desk sure does her best. They are owned by TNK travel - we did the 2 day 1 night Mekong delta tour that we booked through the tour desk and it was just a series of trips to various river front factories - everybody on the tour was so bored. Even the morning floating markets were barely interesting. Would recommend doing this independently - I don't think any other travel companies in Saigon do anything different.

Overall though, the bathrooms and beds are immaculate. If you are looking for comfortable well priced rooms in the center of all the action, then go ahead and book this.

Very clean and frendly guest house hotel

by TripAdvisor Member comicpie

I booked Beautiful Saigon Hotel after reading the reviews online. The hotel is actually located in the heart of the backpacker joint. We arrived in the hotel very late at night, so we have no other choice because there's only one standard room left.

The room is extremely clean and modern. However, the space is way too tight for a standard room. The washroom is very clean but then again, it is very tight in space. We paid $25 a night and with the space this tight, we could have book at somewhere else with bigger space.

We stayed for 2 nights and we moved to another hotel just two blocks down the street. Bui vien street is full of hotel and guesthouses. Therefore, it's not necessary to book ahead. It's actually better to find your place to stay early in the day and bargain your prices.

I would still recommend this hotel because it's so clean and the staff is very friendly.

Nice Hotel - Great Value for money

by TripAdvisor Member Pisceanne

Location : Near the backpackers and the shopping centres of the town. Easily accessible to the main Ben Thanh market and various eating joint on foot. The area stays alive late into the night and seemed safe enough. Taxi's are anyways the recommended mode of travel if you need to go anywhere and everywhere.

Rooms : Clean and cosy. The hotel seems newly constructed and is very clean. We got a room with no ventilation though, but we were fine with it (you can choose to pay more for a room with a window) Rooms are cleaned everyday with new towels and sheet. TV has all the cable channels. It does look very much like the photos on their website.

Food : The breakfast was included in the room rate and was filling. We are vegetarian so not much choice, but we were ok with it.

Value/ Service : good value for money, we booked directly from their website. Many facilities in the hotel, including free internet and tour booking. Tours are almost similarly prices in the entire area, so makes sense for you to book from the hotel, only for convenience's sake. I would recommend against booking tours online as the rates in the city are much cheaper compared to the rates you see on the web. The staff is extremely helpful and polite - to the extent of lending their personal umbrella to us when it was raining outside.

Fantastic Stay

by TripAdvisor Member tommyb7

Just returned from a fantastic trip to Vietnam and the Beautiful Saigon hotel played a fantastic support role in our four days in HCMC. The location is perfect: central to the hustle and butsle of busy HCMC, yet the street fronted rooms remained quiet throughout the night. The superior room was spacious and clean and the staff delivered a wonderful breakfast to our door every morning at 7.30am.Overall the staff were excellent and helped arrange airport transfers, tours, and recommendations for restaurants etc. On our return to Shanghai (via HCMC) from Phu Quoc, they even hosted and entertained us for 5 hours as we killed time for a 1.30am flight.

Highly recommend this hotel for tourists and budget conscious business travellers.

Lovely hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member KMAPLondon

We really enjoyed our staty at the Beautiful Saigon Hotel. The room was a little small - we had asked for a Standard Plus room but were given a Standard room - but it was good value, clean and in a great location. The staff were very friendly and helpful and arranged a trip to the tunnels and a taxi to the airport for us. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Reasonable Boutique Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Harry_Lee_09

The staff of the hotel were generally friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel was also quite good as it was close to the Ben Thanh market. At the price you pay, the service received from the hotel was reasonable. But there several aspects of the hotel that could still be improved. First, during my 4-day stay at the hotel, there were tiny little bugs crawling on the floor. Second, the sound-proofing of the rooms was quite poor. I could hear guests shouting outside their rooms or banging their doors in the middle of the night. I could also hear clearly when the guest staying one floor above me flushed the toilet.

Triple check your reservation and then check again, and you may be ok.

by TripAdvisor Member wkndtrvlrUSA

We stayed at the Beautiful Saigon hotel because of TripAdvisor recommendations. We (party of four women) made reservations more than a month in advance, reserving two superior rooms for two nights as well as airport transfers. After reading about other travelers' problems with reservations/transfers, I contacted the hotel to re-confirm our reservation and transfer. They came back with an e-mail saying that they had no record of our reservation, and could I please send my e-mail request again? (We had received, at this point, about four or five e-mails confirming the rate and dates.) So I sent all the e-mails. The night before we left, I still had not heard from them, so I called them directly and they seemed to have things cleared up. Right before I left for the airport, I checked my e-mail and saw a note that they wanted to change our rooms because another guest extended their stay, would that be okay? I thought I'd deal with it there. When we got there, there was no taxi to pick us up (althought I had requested and re-requested the airport transfer). We took a Vinasun on our own, which was cheaper anyway. At the hotel, the manager BEGGED us to change rooms to two standard rooms (at this point we had already agreed to change to one superior and one standard for four of us) because another couple wanted to stay in our RESERVED room for an extra night and "was very angry." We said no, we had reserved our rooms far in advance, we had already agreed to take one smaller room even though it would be cramped, and she just needed to tell these other people that the room was already booked. She still pleaded; it was clear that she was afraid to upset this other couple, but we were firm (and utterly dumbfounded). She saw that we had our minds made up, so she left us alone. We would have left the hotel except that it was already late in the day and we were tired, and did not want to find another hotel. All seemed fine until at 1:30 am that night/morning, when the manager rang my room and asked again, "Are you SURE you want to keep these rooms?" I could barely speak to her, I was so shocked.

Overall, the hotel has a great location with great shops/restaurants around, the workers are friendly and courteous, the room was simple and clean (but very small and you can't look through the windows). Realize also that the bathroom is a "wet bathroom," so don't expect a separate shower stall. The reservations manager is very, very unorganized, so if you go, just be sure that you double and triple check your reservations. Forget the airport transfers--just take a Vinasun cab as they seem to be the most reliable and honest.

Comments