283/2C Pham Ngu Lao Street, Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Agoda.com Asiatravel.com Booking.com

More about Blue River Hotel

Rubbish - avoid it, you can do much better

by TripAdvisor Member c0xy

We didn't have great expectations for this hotel, as it was very cheap, but believe me in HCM you can do much better for your money.

I agree with the latest reviewer that the pillows were dirty - and we didn't even get a sheet! (we had to ask one which they thankfully did provide) but did seem like we were being a bit precious by wanting such a thing.

A really annoying thing - PRIVACY - the staff let themselves into the room to "clean" (which in reality only seemed to mean refilling toilet paper) whenever they wanted! She didn't even knock which I found incredibly rude as quite frankly you expect a bit of privacy in your own hotel room.

The breakfast was stale bread and a fried egg - that's it, and a smile wouldn't have gone a miss but was sadly few and far between. I don't know why everyone goes on about the friendliness of this hotel - we found all our other hotels in vietnam far friendlier than this one.

Overall, please avoid it as you can do much better for your money.

Great place to stay.

by TripAdvisor Member KerryPark98119

I had the pleasure of staying at Blue River Hotel three times during a three-month visit to Vietnam. I cannot praise Ms Thuy and the people at Blue River sufficiently. Ms Thuy came to my rescue repeatedly. When I arrived without a room available, she found a room nearby and allowed me to move to Blue River the next day. When I left the hotel without my passport and discovered it only when I arrived at the airport, Ms Thuy found a motorbike driver with a cell phone and I was able to make my flight. On a 12-hour layover in Saigon, Ms Thuy arranged for me to be met at the hotel, to arrive at Blue River after midnight, and to have transportation arranged and pre-paid for me to make my flight the next morning. Ms Thuy and her colleagues at Blue River invited the guests at the hotel to share a special meal on the eve of the Tet holiday. I could go on with several more examples. In short and in conclusion, Ms Thuy is one of those people whose competence, efficiency, and professionalism is matched only by her graciousness and beauty.

It's my secret garden!

by TripAdvisor Member NhonTrachToTo

I am not a typical backpacker. I work in Vietnam more than two years. My factory is located in Dong Nai Province, about 40 Km from HCMC. In 2005, the first year when I came to Vietnam, I followed the introduction of “Le guide du routard" to do my own one-day-trip. No matter Ca Na, Mui Ne, Phan Thiet, Vung Tau, Tay Ninh, My Tho or Vinh Long...the cities as long as I can arrive and return back to HCMC within one day I have already been.
The next year, my friend and I want to do something fresh. Each of us stayed at a different hotel in HCMC every Saturday night and then we discussed the price and quality. We do not work for"lonely planet"or "Le guide du routard"or make a marketing research... We are just for fun! After few weeks, we stopped the crazy activity. Because my friend told me that he found a fantastic mini hotel which is located at a quiet alley in Pham Ngu Lao area. It's Blue River Hotel. After staying at the hotel few times, I felt I"fall in love"with the cozy hotel. I stay at this hotel every Saturday night since then! It's my secret garden.
The receptionists are lovely, friendly and helpful. Although the rooms are not very large, the bedding and pillow are quite clean and comfortable. The breakfast is fine, too. Usually, it's western style. There are a cup of instant coffee/tea, a baguette, a sunny side egg and some fruit. It's hygienic and convenient! (I should say that not every hotel has breakfast for free, even some hotel with two stars.)
In my personal traveling experience in Vietnam, comparing the price and quality, Blue River Hotel is not only one of the best mini hotels in HCMC, but also one of the best hotels in Vietnam!

Our home in HCMC

by TripAdvisor Member Ume56

We have been given the very best service at Blue River Hotel in HCMC that we only could have dreamt of.
The hotel provides a high grade of service and with much kindness. They also provides free Internet.

It is indeed a simple, but perfectly good and normal, breakfast that we enjoyed with egg, sausage, bread tea - coffee and fresh fruits.
The staff is very service minded and positive! We would, with a warm heart, recommend this hotel. It's price worthy and you cannot find another owner and staff that will do any thing for it's customers as much as they do at Blue River Hotel!

Greetings from thankful Swedish guests.

One of the best small hotel in ho chi minh city

by TripAdvisor Member studentUme_

Stayed at the Blue River Hotel for 2 months and it was excellent.
Great location in small alley from Pham Ngu Lao street. Very quiet and almost no traffic noise. Clean and friendly hotel with great staff. Helped us with tours and hotel bookings in other places in Vietnam. breakfast is simple but better than what's offered at most backpacker places in Ho Chi Minh City.

Your Second Home in Saigon...

by TripAdvisor Member Chec_Cruz

You could never find a better place to stay in Saigon other than this hotel. Its hospitality, service and facilities are at best than some of the other hotels that i have tried. The location of this hotel is very strategic cause its very near to places you really want to go within the city. The staff specially the owners are very nice, honest, gracious and can communicate with you well. They are always so friendly and extend a happy smile to everyone and they make it sure your stay there will be as comfortable as possible for you. Whenever i stay there they would always ask you about how was your stay, things you might need in the room or where you might want to go cause they could arrange it for you, and some things that can make your visit as pleasant as possible.

They have cozy air-cond-rooms from a single bed to a large double bed room, a clean and nice bathroom. A great hot shower, cable tv and a very fast wifi connection. And their free breakfast is an added treat, delicious and sure was a delight to those starting your morning in Saigon. Whenever i go to Saigon i make it a point to stay here cause it does feel home here.Its something proven not only by the quality and great service it gives but to those many or maybe most who have also experience staying here and agree it sure does feel homey....

Clean, friendly, good breakfast and central - what more can you want!

by TripAdvisor Member domage

The rooms are excellent standard, clean and quiet, which is amazing considering how centrally its located. The included breakfast is more than enough to get you through to a late lunch! The staff were extremely helpful in booking onward accomodation for us. Would definitely stay here again.

Great Place in HCMC

by TripAdvisor Member PortlandORTimg

Great place to stay in budget district of HCMC. Located in alley jam-packed with similar places, this one stands out. Rooms are clean and comfortable, and the staff freindly with great service. Also a very safe place, and they are willing to hold your bags while you take a trip to the Mekong or such. The proprietress, Thuy, speaks English well, and can help you with travel plans, bookings, recommendations, etc. It definitely met my expectations for the price, and I recommend in heartily.

Fantastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Australian___3

We had a great stay here. The staff were so friendly and helpful and gave us lots of great advice about the area. The room was clean and big and included air con, cable TV, breakfast and wireless internet in the rate.

Blue River is great value and we would definitely stay there again.

Like a home in Vietnam

by TripAdvisor Member seojwook

I am 35 years old Korean(SOUTH) living in SEOUL.
I am working at National Museum Korea and really like travel other countries during vacation.
I visited Vietnam twice and always stayed at BLUE RIVER HOTEL.
It is very clean, comfortable(cozy) like a home and reasonable price.
All the staffs always greeted me with very warm smile and I still connot forget all the memories of the hotel.

Comments