Duxton

Tags

Historical Travel Family Travel Business Travel
See Amenities

My memories with hotels in Ho Chi Minh City

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 23, 2014

It was exciting on first days living in Riverside Hotel on Ton Duc Thang Street. It was kind of peaceful there. I woke up every morning to look at Sai Gon River everyday. The air was very fresh upstairs.

After few days visiting other places in Vietnam, I came back to Ho Chi Minh City but I could not book the room I used to live in at Riverside Hotel. So I left Riverside Hotel and went straight to Duxton Hotel.

I stayed in Ho Chi Minh City with the help from a guide on hochiminhprivatetour.weebly.com and meetrip.to. At first, she told me some bad things about this hotel but this hotel looks really fabulous so I did not believe her. Now my story begins:

The main point is about Duxton Hotel. I booked a deluxe twin room on agoda.com but I did not get the right room type. On agoda.com, it said there was beautiful view and 30 square meter. But the view was so terrible and the room was just about 20 square meter. The most important thing is that I was at Duxton Hotel at 11am and I had to wait until 2pm to get the room. And in the morning, the staffs usually came to my room without knocking the door to check something. What the nasty experience at Duxton Hotel!

I booked a room for my friend to stay 1 night at Duxton Hotel. She forgot her ID card at home so they did not let my friend stay at the hotel. But I was so lucky. I asked my guide to help me. She did a good job to convince the staffs there. I talked to them before asking help from my guide and they kept talking: “Illegal”. In cases like this, you should ask for help from a local. A local will also give you real and marvelous experience in Ho Chi Minh City.

Maybe you will get different experience at Duxton Hotel but the service is really bad to me.

yann.ng's Profile Photo

Enjoying the view of Saigon River from your room

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 10, 2008

A friend of mine booked this hotel through corporate rate. The hotel is centrally located and within walking distance to the main shopping area of HCMC.

The room is spacious and comfortable. As we were out most of the time, we did not spend much time in the room. No complains of the rooms. As it was our first time in Vietnam, we are unsure of the security there, so we decided not to try those cheaper hotels.

Directions: Located in the heart of the city, the hotel is 20 minutes' drive from the airport.

Great Location in Dong Khoi Area

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 15, 2007

Stayed for four nights on arrival in HCMC ex-Sydney and one night pre-return. Very central location to main tourist sites of HCMC and to Dong Khoi area tailors, eateries and nightspots. Facilities, service and amenities are well suited to the price. They were renewing hallway fittings during stay but this was no inconvenience, other than a strange gluey smell in the corridors. Breakfasts were terrific. Huge buffet included in tariff. Health Club / pool facilities were very handy for a late airport departure (7.00pm) with a midday room checkout. Pool is only small but more than adequate for a cooldown in central HCMC. City noise in rooms was not really a problem. Very nice bar in foyer with frequent live music. Victoria Club Casino on Level 2 with free drink/food once you are a 'player' ($10US will do it). On the whole an excellent stay.

Unique Quality: Great location with friendly, helpful staff.

Directions: Main tourist area of HCMC

bumpychick's Profile Photo

An very upmarket hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 2, 2007

An excellent hotel in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City. The Duxton is very 'upmarket', with a high standard of decor and service. The rooms are modern, with all the facilities you would expect from a world class hotel. There is an extensive choice in the restaurant, and you can even take high tea in the lobby/bar area mid afternoon. We were very impressed with all aspects of this hotel.

ricardoz's Profile Photo

Modern & Decent

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 20, 2007

This hotel is also known as Duxton Hotel, only a few blocks away from Rex. I stayed here for one night after spending 2 nights in Rex. I payed $99.00 per night with BF and the room is modern and clean. This is quite popular with business travellers. The Breakfast choice is good and the food is excellent. There is also a casino here but not much entertainment to be found only a very small lobby lounge.

Unique Quality: Very convenient and good value.

Directions: Few blocks away from HCM People's Committee building

Decent Business Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 21, 2004

Priced at USD 84 per night, this is not a cheap hotel by any measure. A business hotel, things work and hotel staff are on the whole courteous and helpful. Got the hotel from an online travel agency, asiatravel.com, which is cheaper than getting it directly from the hotel's own website.

Unique Quality: Good location, one of many in the area.

Nearby Duxton

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Ho Chi Minh City Travel Forum

Need advice about Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam? Visit the Travel Forum for Ho Chi Minh City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ho Chi Minh City hotel reviews

Saigon Post OfficeThe Beauty Cross Three Centuries
La Cantina - has gone downhill 2015
Jollibee
Restaurants
a cornucopia of general tips
Ho Chi Minh airport # 152 Bus